How can anyone defend him?

9 minutes ago, Simaniac Owl said:

Carlos has been spoilt by DC. More than any manager that I can remember. And he has only delivered in his first season. Last seasons play off efforts were pathetic and should be erased from history. 

He he must go now. We are heading only one way, down. 

Completly agree about him being spoilt. As I said in my original post which other manager would have kept their job after two playoff failures without even having to sell a player?

I have backed him more than most. I was all for him staying on this season but I did say if we weren't challenging the top 2 by October he should go

1 hour ago, IWEDFM said:

The guy has wasted millions on bang average players who he either leaves on the bench or are nowhere to be seen and he refuses to change his approach during matches

TBF i don't think they were bang average players, however CC has managed to turned them into bang on average players

3 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to go...I'm saying DC won't sack him after last night. Personally I think as soon as it's mathematically impossible for us to get in the play offs DC will announce that he will be looking for a new coach allowing CC to leave at the end of the season

Why not make the decision now? Carlos is either going to leave at the end of the season or the chairman sees him as the best long term option next season and beyond. The rebuilding should begin in the next transfer window both from the perspective of offloading players and replacing them. The longer things go on like this, the more likely of yet another missed opportunity. 

I am certainly not a Carlos fan but I would rather the club close the uncertainty out right here, right now and start rebuilding for the future rather than leaving things hanging.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Id be more worried about being dragged into the bottom six if i was DC . Forget the play offs. 

You've just seen us play the league leaders with TEN of our first team players out...do you really believe we'll go down or is that what you are hoping

8 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to go...I'm saying DC won't sack him after last night. Personally I think as soon as it's mathematically impossible for us to get in the play offs DC will announce that he will be looking for a new coach allowing CC to leave at the end of the season

I get what you are saying Davey, but we need the new manager in for January so he can make a start on wheeling and dealing to improve this ageing, samey, lop sided squad.

2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Why not make the decision now? Carlos is either going to leave at the end of the season or the chairman sees him as the best long term option next season and beyond. The rebuilding should begin in the next transfer window both from the perspective of offloading players and replacing them. The longer things go on like this, the more likely of yet another missed opportunity. 

I am certainly not a Carlos fan but I would rather the club close the uncertainty out right here, right now and start rebuilding for the future rather than leaving things hanging.

I agree...but you can't apply normal football logic to a chairman who is new to the whole concept of managing a football club. If it was MM would you be saying that CC would be gone by January?

59 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

DC set him the target of getting us promoted within 2 seasons and he has failed. We are now into his third season and we are closer to the relegation positions than the playoffs

The guy has wasted millions on bang average players who he either leaves on the bench or are nowhere to be seen and he refuses to change his approach during matches

DC has provided him with every tool possible to make promotion happen yet under his management we are going backwards yet some fans still can't see it

He has been very fortunate. Not only has he kept his job after two failed promotion attempts but we haven't sold any of our better players

Don't even get me started on his press conferences...

I commend DC for his loyalty to Carlos, something you don't see often in football but he has to act NOW before it's too late

Bang on m8. How can happy clappers keep supporting him. CC has failed after wasting millions on players to sit, play out of position and useless tactics. I've supported Owls since Quixall and seen high and lows and this is dire after so much promise. I was on the Kop early 70's when Man City sents us into div 2 after trying to keep us up. The team forgot to tell City's sub not to score. I feel the same now as back then. 

5 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

You've just seen us play the league leaders with TEN of our first team players out...do you really believe we'll go down or is that what you are hoping

Ive also seen the rest of our dire performances this season

. 5 shots on target in the whole of November 

1 pt from the last 9

4 pts from the last 18 

6 wins in 22 games 

That is relegation form 

Edited by S36 OWL

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

I agree...but you can't apply normal football logic to a chairman who is new to the whole concept of managing a football club. If it was MM would you be saying that CC would be gone by January?

If Milan was still in charge Carlos would have been gone after the surrender to Huddersfield. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

I get what you are saying Davey, but we need the new manager in for January so he can make a start on wheeling and dealing to improve this ageing, samey, lop sided squad.

I agree but that's just us who have an idea what is needed...I'm not sure DC knows that he gave Gray a couple of months leeway BUT, he had some football people around him then

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I agree but that's just us who have an idea what is needed...I'm not sure DC knows that he gave Gray a couple of months leeway BUT, he had some football people around him then

Yeah...............whoever the new manager is he needs to be given total control over transfers.

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

If Milan was still in charge Carlos would have been gone after the surrender to Huddersfield. 

No he wouldn't... a 6th and 4th position in successive seasons would have ensured CC got another season. He may well have got rid before now though instead of waiting until January

We aren't going to get promotion - to reach 74 points as a realistic play-off target would require 1.96 points per game as things stand now. That is nigh on automatic promotion form for more than half a season. Even when some of the best performing players return from injury, it will take about a month to achieve anything like match fitness. It's not going to happen.

We might as well resign ourselves to a rebuilding job for next season starting in this January transfer window. The chairman ought to come out and make the decision so that rebuilding can begin. Either he sees Carlos as the best long term option to carry out the rebuilding or he should get shut now (or move Carlos to another role and bring in a new Head Coach and give him the reins to start the rebuilding).

Carlos hanging on until the end of the season and then walking away is the worst option all round.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

We aren't going to get promotion - to reach 74 points as a realistic play-off target would require 1.96 points per game as things stand now. That is nigh on automatic promotion form for more than half a season. Even when some of the best performing players return from injury, it will take about a month to achieve anything like match fitness. It's not going to happen.

We might as well resign ourselves to a rebuilding job for next season starting in this January transfer window. The chairman ought to come out and make the decision so that rebuilding can begin. Either he sees Carlos as the best long term option to carry out the rebuilding or he should get shut now (or move Carlos to another role and bring in a new Head Coach and give him the reins to start the rebuilding).

Carlos hanging on until the end of the season and then walking away is the worst option all round.

Can you see DC making that decision before January ?

1 hour ago, IWEDFM said:

DC set him the target of getting us promoted within 2 seasons and he has failed. We are now into his third season and we are closer to the relegation positions than the playoffs

DC has provided him with every tool possible to make promotion happen yet under his management we are going backwards yet some fans still can't see it

He has been very fortunate. Not only has he kept his job after two failed promotion attempts but we haven't sold any of our better players

Don't even get me started on his press conferences...

I commend DC for his loyalty to Carlos, something you don't see often in football but he has to act NOW before it's too late

I don't recall DC setting him a target can you show that he did?