Interesting comments.

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

A physical presence in midfield and some pace in the channels...

That's what we needed after Wembley. 

Instead, we ended up signing more of the same. 

Yeah, it was pretty obvious. Most people look back to this match and pin point where we should have made the signings to take us to the next level but I think we had the puzzle sussed when we played Arsenal in the cup. I can never fathom why those tactics weren't ever (or rarely at best) used again or players brought in to fit that system. We went 433- Hutch, Lee and Bannan in central midfield with Helan and Wallace wide and Joao as the lone striker. FF wasn't available for the cup game but you'd imagine he'd have thrived in either Helan's or Wallace's role. That side baring injuries did not need much tinkering with to gain promotion imo. maybe a more consistent / better version of Joao and another tricky winger would have done it? That side had a lovely balance to it and a look of defensive compactness which CC loves plus it gives him bodies in midfield to stop him being outnumbered which he is now so concerned about that he pulls the wide players inside...and then our problems start. That side and formation for me should have been the blueprint.

2 hours ago, Kevan said:

Speaking of interesting comments - I just watched the match back this afternoon and one comment by the commentator was that Wolves had recruited specifically for the system that they wanted to play and all their players know the system and are committed to it.  Compare that with our piecemeal and uncoordinated recruitment resulting in an unbalanced squad and Carlos playing square pegs in round holes and you can see immediately the difference between the two clubs.  Yet another reason why we need a change of Head Coach and also makes it clear to see that it will take 2 to 3 seasons to get the squad back to where it should be, bearing in mind the ages and contract length of some of the current squad.

It didn't help that we brought in Joao and Matias on long term deals thinking we'd be playing 4-3-3, only for Carlos to change this as soon as the seasons started.

The most bizarre signing has been Boyd. Played 1,498 consecutive games for Burnley, probably on huge money, number 1 target etc and his leg drops off as soon as he comes here, not long after Carlos noted he can't play in our system. 

Not been seen since. 

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

The most bizarre signing has been Boyd. Played 1,498 consecutive games for Burnley, probably on huge money, number 1 target etc and his leg drops off as soon as he comes here, not long after Carlos noted he can't play in our system. 

Not been seen since. 

Stevie May's hairdresser broke his shoulder. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

If I was in position like Carlos where money is plentiful I would resign and tell the fans what is going off.if he did that can you imagine how much respect the guy would get from us fans.

This is why you'd never even get remotely close to holding such a position.

11 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Why the need to take down any Carlos supporters?

You see fans will get hounded on here time and again.  It gets to a point where it is beyond laughable, 

Don't let the mob dictate, how you think or feel.  

:ghoulguy:

Because it's well and truly bizzare that he's got any supporters left at all, these are the people that are obviously okay with mediocrity or even worse, a relegation battle, because that's what we're heading for right now. 

Baffles me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ronio said:

Why the need to take down any Carlos supporters?

You see fans will get hounded on here time and again.  It gets to a point where it is beyond laughable, 

Don't let the mob dictate, how you think or feel.  

:ghoulguy:

I didn't, when the vast majority of fans were behind Carlos I got hounded to death for saying he will take us nowhere, no i've been proven right and the boots on the other foot.

Karma is a *****.

20 hours ago, s6 owl said:
Paul Smith @PASmudger3974
Follow Follow @PASmudger3974
More
Replying to @Owlstalk

Medical/fitness teams fault again...??? Totally dictated too by the Manager and what he wants to happen. Even when they are coming back from injuries believe it or not.

8:35 PM - 11 Dec 2017

Replying to @Owlstalk

We NEED Meggo back ASAP

Must have been a very good reason for David to refuse to continue working in the Academy months and months ago.....have a think.

It will all come out eventually I’m sure

Oh dear Carlos, things just go from bad to worse for you, do us all a fecking favour and walk.

Ps, and take that 20 quid and shove where the sun don't shine.

Edited by Blue and white

19 hours ago, Bodhidharma said:

Carlos is a fraud and a conman (in my opinion) 

He has brain washed the chairman and everything he says and does is all about him and saving himself at the expense of the club and the fans.

IN MY OPINION he is a parasite that is fully prepared to kill the host to ensure his own survival. 

I'm sick of pulling my punches. He isn't nice or decent, if he was he would resign. 

The cuckoo needs booting from the nest. 

WOW!   People are waking up at last!  I said this sort of thing ages ago and was shot down.

3 hours ago, Blue and white said:

I didn't, when the vast majority of fans were behind Carlos I got hounded to death for saying he will take us nowhere, no i've been proven right and the boots on the other foot.

Karma is a *****.

“Hounded to death”

Flip me. 

You said a football manager was a w@nk. 

What a martyr. 

23 hours ago, Stoop said:

I’m starting to think this too Trev

When CC walked through the door in 2015 he was immediately onto a winner

He had a very solid side left by Stuart Grey

He had lavish amounts of money at his disposal 

He was joining a club with a extremely high feel good factor after DC’s takeover 

Did he just get lucky?

This is so bang on. 

He inherited a very solid side - half of which (Westwood,Lees, Loovens, Hutchinson and Lee) he’d probably still pick now if everyone were fit. He’s spent £35m on top and we’re no further forward. And what people rarely mention is that he hasn’t had to sell a single first-team squad player, not one, in 3 years. Not even the best managers at the biggest clubs in the world get that luxury. 

And yet despite all that he’s failed in his objective and actually taken the club slowly backwards in the last 18 months. But his boss - who seems to know very little about football - inexplicably keeps him in the job. 

I’d say he’s the luckiest manager we’ve ever had.

Lost all respect for him when he hung FF out to dry, Knowing full well what the fans reaction would be.

when saying FF wouldn't play on the left, He missed the bit out where the reason being he was forced to play carrying an injury and couldn't actually get up and down the left wing, Not as carlos tried to make out that he had spat his dummy out.

He hung JR out to dry after the play offs which was exactly what a striker with no confidence needed.

Then you have playing Westwood against United with a rib injury, Lee being rushed back all the time etc etc

2 hours ago, paulrs said:

This is so bang on. 

He inherited a very solid side - half of which (Westwood,Lees, Loovens, Hutchinson and Lee) he’d probably still pick now if everyone were fit. He’s spent £35m on top and we’re no further forward. And what people rarely mention is that he hasn’t had to sell a single first-team squad player, not one, in 3 years. Not even the best managers at the biggest clubs in the world get that luxury. 

And yet despite all that he’s failed in his objective and actually taken the club slowly backwards in the last 18 months. But his boss - who seems to know very little about football - inexplicably keeps him in the job. 

I’d say he’s the luckiest manager we’ve ever had.

Said it before. Never understood the hysteria. He came having achieved very little and will certainly leave having done the same. 

22 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

BOOM!!!!!

There you have, this guy’s a winner who dates real life women and everything and all you lot that disagree with him have a miserable existence sitting at home getting aroused by Owlstalk!!

What a guy!! :stuwinky:

Collected the food, ate the meal, bit of flirty stuff then got binned off early doors based on a very early start she had this morning!

Carlos Out!

lol

• Haha 4