Interesting comments.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
8 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

If I was in position like Carlos where money is plentiful I would resign and tell the fans what is going off.if he did that can you imagine how much respect the guy would get from us fans.

You can't pay the mortgage with respect

And what Chairman will employ him when he's hung his previous Chairman out to dry?

8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Social media is certainly a big factor, as is the instant gratification culture which seemingly permeates every facet of modern day life. 

I get what you mean, but people expect results when you spunk millions of quid. No one would expect anything in the shreeves/yorath/gray eras 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

BOOM!!!!!

There you have, this guy’s a winner who dates real life women and everything and all you lot that disagree with him have a miserable existence sitting at home getting aroused by Owlstalk!!

What a guy!! :stuwinky:

He's right to be fair

I'm surrounded by the women in our house watching bloody Strictly. His night sounds far more exciting

1 minute ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

He's right to be fair

I'm surrounded by the women in our house watching bloody Strictly. His night sounds far more exciting

Get the hobbit on, my kids are loving it. I have no idea what's going on but they are quiet. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, debram said:

and we will be shocked and peeved that it was kept undercover from the fans

The history of this club & RS / Star, has shown, that local journos only grow a pair when they know the writing is on the wall

I noticed Dom Howson recently grew a pair too 

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yep. 

It started pretty early on last season. By about the Leeds home game? 

It started because the football changed and became tedious. We were still solid and the odd bit of individual skill won us games.This year the skill and solidity have gone but the tedium has gone up a notch. 

And I’m one who wanted to stick with Carlos until last week. 

Edited by rickygoo

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Get the hobbit on, my kids are loving it. I have no idea what's going on but they are quiet. 

I turned the telly off with my mobile for a laugh about 20 minutes ago.

Seems I'm sleeping in the spare room tonight

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

It started because the football changed and became tedious. We were still solid and the odd bit of individual skill won us games.This year the skill and solidity have gone but the tedium has gone up a notch. 

And I’m one who wanted to stick with Carlos until last week. 

Won't disagree with that. The style was clearly different from pretty much the first game of the season...in saying that though, we got the results, so the ends justified the means (until we went uber negative in the play offs). 

This season...worst football I've seen since the days of Irvine. Largely boring, insipid, once paced nonsense. 

5 minutes ago, camffiti said:

The history of this club & RS / Star, has shown, that local journos only grow a pair when they know the writing is on the wall

I noticed Dom Howson recently grew a pair too 

Tbh I think that's pretty much how every local journalist operates. 

At the end of the day your access to the club is your job and if you pi55 off the wrong people then you might be struggling to fill those column inches. 

Tbf I think Howson and Holt have been very critical of the team (rightfully so) from the off this season. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Won't disagree with that. The style was clearly different from pretty much the first game of the season...in saying that though, we got the results, so the ends justified the means (until we went uber negative in the play offs). 

This season...worst football I've seen since the days of Irvine. Largely boring, insipid, once paced nonsense. 

Totally agree, the football is hideous. I say it's on a par with Irvine. 

Its become progressively worse or is that because we are losing? Which kinda backs up your point. 

However many of us were complaining about the football before this season started. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Bit selective

We had a run of 1 win in 7 before Hooper came back, Fletcher found his best form for us since he arrived and we then win 6/7. That put us in the playoffs when it seemed unlikely

Its become progressively worse or is that because we are losing? Which kinda backs up your point. 

However many of us were complaining about the football before this season started. 

Tbh I didn't really enjoy watching us last season, but as I said previously: the ends were justifying the means. 

When we properly clicked last season - Newcastle, Norwich and Wolves away - we were actually very good, but as ricky pointed out we were too reliant upon moments of one-off brilliance or opposition mistakes. 

This season...well we are even more one-paced than we were last season and have become a very poor defensive unit. Unfortunately, I'd imagine playing against Wednesday atm is very easy. We don't press particularly well and our only attacking tactic is getting out wide to Reach, Wallace or perhaps Hunt to put a ball into the box. Only Reach seems capable of delivering a half decent cross this season. Don't even get me started on Wallace. 

To cap it all off we are very vulnerable to any sort of counter-attack and our game management is atrocious. 

2 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Bit selective

We had a run of 1 win in 7 before Hooper came back, Fletcher found his best form for us since he arrived and we then win 6/7. That put us in the playoffs when it seemed unlikely

You're being selective too :duntmatter:

5 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Everyone who saw the "performance" against Rangers... That pre season friendly where "some players were nervous".

Before the season even started we were on the back foot, the dire, negative, fearful football has been the only constant.

3 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Everyone who saw the "performance" against Rangers... That pre season friendly where "some players were nervous".

Before the season even started we were on the back foot, the dire, negative, fearful football has been the only constant.

I must admit, on first viewing, I was very concerned. But in the end I just though we were just a little ring rusty.

How wrong I was. 

Edited by Maddogbob

40 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I feel sorry for Carlos

I'm not convinced he's choosing the players

35 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

If I was in position like Carlos where money is plentiful I would resign and tell the fans what is going off.if he did that can you imagine how much respect the guy would get from us fans.

Whatever is going on behind the scenes at S6, Carlos is complicit in it.

I wouldn't feel sorry for him, nor expect him to blow the whistle on the whole charade.

Just now, Cosby Blunkett said:

Whatever is going on behind the scenes at S6, Carlos is complicit in it.

I wouldn't feel sorry for him, nor expect him to blow the whistle on the whole charade.

The longer he stays - and we continue to plummet - the more you have to wonder about what on earth is going off. 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Don't usually do the ITK stuff, but f*ck it things are so bad atm why not...

Last season one of our players had a major fallout with Carlos because he felt management was bringing him back too soon following injury. 

The said player remains at the club, but he and Carlos do not talk anymore. 

if you say it sij that's good enough for me never known you to bs mate

I must admit, on first viewing, I was very concerned. But in the end I just though we were just a little ring rusty.

How wrong I was. 

We were fully bobbins, but it wasn't that which set my alarm bells ringing.

It was Carlos' post match interview where he implied that it was a big game against a good side and that the team had been nervous. This was supposed to be a side gearing up for automatic promotion playing (in effect) a league 1 outfit FFS.

The fear of losing had rolled right over from 70mins into the Huddersfield 2nd leg, and for me, fear has dominated our season so far.