Ross Wallace

For a wide man, last season showed that we needed a replacement but it's a damning indictment of our transfer policy that we are still relying on Wallace, a left footed winger to provide the goods at 32/33. All because of this wretched system of the full backs providing the width sand and Wallace tucking in.  fůck off ffs

Stick him out on left cc so he can put early balls in or drop him because he's not been great this season ...

10 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

For a wide man, last season showed that we needed a replacement but it's a damning indictment of our transfer policy that we are still relying on Wallace, a left footed winger to provide the goods at 32/33. All because of this wretched system of the full backs providing the width sand and Wallace tucking in.  fůck off ffs

Stick him out on left cc so he can put early balls in or drop him because he's not been great this season ...

Yep for over a year now Wallace has been top of the problem list for me, because in a 442 formation which we play, we need a wide man with pace who can get past a defender and cross high or low across the ground to strikers in the box. Wallace can do none of those things.

I personally think Reach is fine on the left side for what he does and let’s face it he cost £5m so we need to keep him in the team.  

As a previous poster said maybe Boyd was brought in to be Wallace’s replacement but even he doesn’t have the pace to help our system, as we saw earlier in the season when he was fit

14 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Totally agree. None of our full backs ever score or even provide assists, yet are often missing when the opposition score. So it's not like this system provides a lot, and has severe setbacks. Recently at Norwich when Oliveira missed a sitter, Palmer wasn't in the same postcode. Couldn't see him either when Bannan gave pen away in RB area. I'd much prefer an out and out winger with pace. He would also provide a good outball. Unfortunately Carlos clearly wouldn't and prefers a twenty pass build up instead of being more direct. 

Edited by Beauchief Owl

Scored some great goals that will live long in the memory. That being said, it's the present that he should be judged on. As many people have said, his legs have gone. He hasn't got a trick, he has no pace, he cannot pick a pass, cannot track back and he added last night the fact he cannot make a 10 yard pass. Why does he deserve respect off the back of that? It is here and now that we live in

Wallace has been very underrated in the previous 2 seasons but this season he's just not reached anywhere near that level.

He is only 32 so I'm not buying that he is now too old, its probably more to do with the fact he has got no real competition for that spot at the moment, the only time we switch him out is for a CM playing out wide or mid-game when we change the formation. 

The decision to not take him off last night was completely bizarre, he was having his worst game in a Wednesday shirt. 

6 minutes ago, Stoop said:

I think people are forgetting that he’s another one whose having his wings clipped by our manager 

To be honest I think Wallace is one of the players who is still getting in the side due to the style of play implemented by the manager, i.e. his defensive qualities. 

17 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Wallace unfortunately looks like his legs have gone.

Weve had good mileage out of Ross. People need to show him a lot more respect. He's still trying and it's not his fault we have no one else.

Absolutely bang on.

Brilliant first season scoring some world class goals and as you say, not his fault we have no one else.

Unfortunately, the likelihood that key players such as Wallace, Loovens and Hutchinson were not going to be able to continue to perform at a high level for much longer (or reliably in Hutchinson's case) should have been acted upon with far more vigour..

On 15/12/2017 at 21:40, RocketOwl said:

Wallace unfortunately looks like his legs have gone.

Weve had good mileage out of Ross. People need to show him a lot more respect. He's still trying and it's not his fault we have no one else.

I have always wanted to see him play on the left, but with (another favourite) Reach, in that position will never happen,

another manager may have left Reach out and play him on the left, or at least when Reach goes to left back (which happens a lot) play him then.

I know its not going to happen, but for me he at least he would get good crosses in, he does have a sweet left foot.

I've always stuck up for Wallace because in a team of bottlers he has usually been the one player who we could rely on to step up in the big games and score the important goals and make an impact.

This season though he was been awful and needs dropping. I don't think I've seen him do anything this season.

Carlos out 

Carlos out 

Carlos out

Not gonna slate Wallace. He’s been a great signing on a free for us and has done well. Also think the fact Carlos makes our wingers come central doesn’t help him at all for a winger who just wants to hug the touch line and put crosses in. Shouldn’t be here next season.