CC comments on playing Atdhe Nuhiu

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

What is all this 'disgraceful' treatment of Nuhiu?

More of a cult figure and gets crowd going.

Yes he gets stick on social media more then some, part of being a footballer but can never remember anyone booing when he comes on or anything. I stand to be corrected if I had not noticed it.

Last Saturdays match people were leaving because he came on.. saying I aren’t watching that dolls head play.. and we won’t get anything now he is on.. I’ve heard it for the last couple of seasons.ok it’s not booing but season 1 he played most games and helped us to a play off final.. then we started to get better players.. and he got further down the pecking order.. he has a role to play.. 

In CC's first season you could see FF enjoyed having Nuhiu up top.  Nuhiu occupied defenders, created space for FF and others.  One thing Nuhiu allows us to do as a team is go more direct, hold the ball up and allow us to get up the pitch quicker.  Which is something that we certainly haven't been doing recently.

He's not the long term answer, but while we currently lack a spark to get things going he needs to be involved.  He not only got the fans going Saturday, but the rest of the team.

I've always had a soft spot for Adthe and can see what he brings to the team. 

During our recent run of indifferent performances however his influence has been one of the few positives. People say "that shows how bad things are", but I disagree, it shows how big the players heart is!

I have no problems with people slagging off players if they aren't giving 100% (Bothroyd immediately springs to mind) but when they give everything to the cause like Nuhiu does then I think they deserve respect. 

I actually agree with Carlos that over the years Atty has received some seriously unwarranted flack. But if he thinks he should be starting he should have the balls to pick him, regardless of what some fans may think.

Edited by Cosby Blunkett

Yeah I take your point to a degree.

I just wish CC could find some fault with himself, as easily as he seems to do with others though -  I.e. fans, refs, fa fixtures ETC.

I was only giving my thought to his comments and which had chosen to make and put out into the public domain first.

UTO

Seems to me that Carlos is saying Nuhiu is the nearest thing he's got to a plan B.

Therefore when his usual game plan fails (most of the time) he needs to keep him in reserve.

Seems his only plan if not winning is to play the long ball game for Atdhe to play knock downs for Hooper.

I've seen that work so well over the last few seasons that I don't think he should bbe afraid to use him in the starting 11.

Defenders thesedays get away with so much pushing and grappling. That doesn't work with Atdhe, very few can stop him like that.

The report also claims he's 6'4". I reckon he's been robbed of a couple of inches or more there.

17 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

Just out of interest what makes a chairman better at choosing a football manager than the fans?

they don't  coz most chairman know bugger all about football but they usually know men that do ......I cant for 1 minute think chansiri had even heard of carlos when someone put his name forward.........a chairman cant take any notice of the fans though when it comes to picking a manager , if we did a straw poll of who we wanted as the next manager you finish up with about 50 proposals .

3 hours ago, WAWAW said:

As fans i think we all love Atdhe and Carlos for their passion for our Club, but as fans we know they are not the solutions to our ambitions.

From the amount of criticism of BOTH men on here, it is obvious that there are sections who think Atdhe is completely useless, and hate him as such, whilst how can anyone who has read anything on this site within the last six months cannot feel the venom against Carlos must be unfeeling.  To say that ALL love both for any reason must bE completely word-blind.

36 minutes ago, torryowl said:

they don't  coz most chairman know bugger all about football but they usually know men that do ......I cant for 1 minute think chansiri had even heard of carlos when someone put his name forward.........a chairman cant take any notice of the fans though when it comes to picking a manager , if we did a straw poll of who we wanted as the next manager you finish up with about 50 proposals .

and they'd want them sacking a few poor results later. lol

Kind of ironic, that nowadays when Managers (Head Coaches) haven't got half the responsibility that Managers of old used to have. In the financial side, signings, contracts etc, that we're far less patient and put all the blame for everything squarely on their shoulders.

They used to be far more in control, had more say in a lot of things, and we gave them more time.

Now when they operate with their hands tied to an extent... It's all their fault.

Edited by Donny.Owl

There still seems to be something the wrong way round with CC's attitude towards the crowd - as though it's all about us geeing up the team, and not the team geeing up the crowd.

When we start games slowly, CC knows that he'll end up playing against the crowd too. Now an obvious solution here would be to just start games on the front foot - get the crowd on your side, let them be the 12th man - but CC won't do this because he thinks it's more important to spend the first half containing sides.

Of our 10 league home games, we've conceded first 5 times, all in the first half, and of those 5 the record is: W1 D3 L1. And of the other 5: W3 D2 L0.

I would mind far less if we were actually good at controlling home games, but we clearly aren't. Those 5 drawn home games should all have been easy wins for us, and we'd have been on 37 points and sitting moderately content in 3rd place.

CC seems to see the home crowd as getting in the way of his plan to contain teams in the first half.

His call to arms last week basically came down to him asking us to not stand in the way of his first half tactics.

I also think it affects the minds of the players when their coaching staff are talking in the media about the crowd. I can't help thinking it creates an attitude that there's something unusual and especially fierce about our crowd.

Look if this has genuinely come from Carlos and its in the Stir so debatable, then I hope that Nuihu is sold come January as he is another player we have who will never play.

The blame game goes two ways, not going to play him as you would have to drop one of your favourite in Fletcher so get rid of him and we can save the wages we are wasting on him.

But really 2 goals in 43 games, yes he did play well for half an hour but we have defenders that are more prolific than him and strikers are paid to score goals not show effort. Andy Booth showed the same effort but at least he scored goals at a higher level see below very similar stats but booth was playing in the premier league at the time.

Andy Booth 133 appearances 28 goals (mostly premier league appearances)

Atty Nuihu  143 appearances 20 goals (mostly championship appearances)