CC comments on playing Atdhe Nuhiu

He has run out of ideas - we are at the point where it’s all about excuses and passing the buck.

We are going nowhere and relying on players who weren’t good enough the first time around.

Its a mess at the moment and tbh I’m waiting for this whole management team to be replaced 

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

I thought his Wednesday Career was over a few weeks ago but he’s a survivor. He’s seen off several strikers during his time here and I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if he makes a go of it between now and the end of the season and ends up staying longer? He has his critics but he’s been an effective player for us during his time here :nuhiu:

8 hours ago, Tudders said:

Unfortunately there is a vocal minority who are blinded to Atdhe’s footballing ability/impact because he is ungainly in his stature. Those who truly understand the game realise the positive impact he creates.

Agreed. I'd personally start him in all/most games if fit. He links up play between the front and midfielder really effectively and roughs up the opposition defenders and they know they've been in a game; bring him off between 60 and 70 mins for another forward, if necessary, and I think they'd potentially reap the dividends of a punch drunk centre-half.

7 hours ago, cowl said:

Can't argue with that, Ian, and I'm a fan of Nuhiu.

I actually wouldn't start Nuhiu unless we're going to replicate the set-up that saw out the Hull game.

If it's going to be Nuhiu up top by himself or Nuhiu with Hooper, then it'll fail and he'll inevitably get subbed at half-time.

If it's Nuhiu with Rhodes or Fletcher, and Hooper playing either alongside them or (as is more likely) at the tip of a midfield diamond, and we play on the front foot then it might just work.

It's simple to me.  Playing Nuhiu - at the moment - works well.

We score goals

We look a threat

He compliments our other players.

Word to the manager - forget the crowd -  frankly, we're a bunch of fickle idiots - play to his strengths and get some results.