CC comments on playing Atdhe Nuhiu

We are all grateful to Atdhe and as fans I think we all have respect for him and the passion he has for the club.

A bit disingenuous of Carlos though,  no surprise there. If we had not bought a lame duck in Rhodes, shipped Winnall out and not desperate for something different to try and rescue a game due to his dire tactics, don't think for a minute that Atdhe would be getting any further than warming the bench.

There are a lot of players in the team of better ability than him that don't even get a place on the bench.

It is a sad reflection of where Carlos has taken us that we are relying on Atdhe instead the big money strikers.

Edited by Vic Flange

Wow....here we go again....I'm not going to get in to reams of posts on this because to be honest it's all been dont to death in the past but a few points to clear up

1. Criticising a player for his footballing ability (or lack of) is completely different to hating a player

2. Nuhiu gets criticism from fans because he's scored 1 goal in the last 18 months.....that's a pretty spectacular statistic to achieve

3. Some fans like players who give 100%....for me that's the least I expect (and yes I know we don't get it from every player) but I also want from a forward, pace, finishing ability and a pin ability to read the game...in pure statistical terms would you rather have 100% of 50 or 80% of 80?

4. In order to be a scapegoat it is generally a small minority critisising,,,,there is such as vast majority that don't rate Nuhiu then eventually people have to think that there is a reason why

5. There is far more abuse on here for the people who criticise Nuhiu than there ever has been for Nuhiu himself (not forgetting the odd bit of mod strategic post deleting / editing to keep the fires burning)

There is no doubt whatsoever that Nuhiu has made a massive difference in the last 2 games and anyone who can't see that is an idiot and there is a very good case for starting him on Saturday.....BUT...and it's a big one, don't get your expectations too high because we've been here time and time again, Nuhiu has a good game followed by 10, even 20 very average to poor ones. The good game leads to 100 page threads on here about how good he is before they generally peter out over the next 10.

If Nuhiu played every game like he did on Saturday, or even close to that then no one would be more delighted than me....but he doesn't, everyone knows that but for some reason there is a massive love fest for him on the odd occasion he does.

4 hours ago, WAWAW said:

As fans i think we all love Atdhe and Carlos for their passion for our Club, but as fans we know they are not the solutions to our ambitions.

Exactly,rose tinted glasses off Nuhui likeable but be honest,dross,CC likeable again but as a manager about on a par with Nuhui as a player,

change is needed now!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Kosovo'sNo.9 said:

What I have heard some of the fans shout to Nuhiu in the past 4 years has been nothing short of vile and disgraceful.

He has been made such an easy scapegoat because of his size and his different style of play, and fair play to him he has just got on with it.

To all the fans who have abused him in the past (and I mean abused, not constructively criticised him) Would you go and say that to his face when it would be just the 2 of you??? No I thought not, filthy cowards.

UTO!!!

I haven't said anything on here that I wouldn't say to him face to face.....wonder how many people you've called a filthy coward to their face?

4 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

TBF he has had more stick on here especially from IAN who turned every football thread into Nuhiu bashing thread...must have been spewing on Saturday with everyone singing his name lol 

I was spewing more when I think back to how Hull got the ball to attack and equalise in the 96th minute.

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

they don't  coz most chairman know bugger all about football but they usually know men that do ......I cant for 1 minute think chansiri had even heard of carlos when someone put his name forward.........a chairman cant take any notice of the fans though when it comes to picking a manager , if we did a straw poll of who we wanted as the next manager you finish up with about 50 proposals .

Agree with not necessarily listening to fans when it comes to picking a manger but it's a foolish chairman who doesn't take in to account the fans views of a manager 2+ years in........you can't ignore unhappy punters for too long especially when season ticket renewal time is just round the corner

33 minutes ago, Ian said:

I haven't said anything on here that I wouldn't say to him face to face.....wonder how many people you've called a filthy coward to their face?

Really?

Is this what it has come down to, petty childish arguing.

I'm not trying to start an argument I'm just saying that Atdhe Nuhiu (and every other footballer for that matter) is also a human being, people seem to forget that, and most of the abuse he receives is completely vile and therefore completely unnecessary, the majority of fans who shout and swear at him would never have the balls to say the same thing to their face, yet they're more than brave when they have thousands of fans around them.

And in answer to your question Ian, yes I have, i've said it to few Wednesday fans when the abuse has got past a certain point, it didn't make much difference but it felt good to get it off the chest.

UTO!!!

Edited by Kosovo'sNo.9
Spelling mistake

4 hours ago, torryowl said:

he's plenty good enough if you want a big lump in the box causing the opposites confusion due to his size ........he's just another option when you chasing the game and he's a very good option when your under the cosh hanging on to a lead away from home .

I think he's a terrible option when we are holding onto a lead.

The opposition can just camp in our half knowing that Nuhiu will not hit them on the counter.  They would know that it cam with huge risks if the likes of FF and Joao are on the pitch.

Always put pace on when you are winning in my opinion.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
56 minutes ago, Ian said:

Wow....here we go again....I'm not going to get in to reams of posts on this because to be honest it's all been dont to death in the past but a few points to clear up

1. Criticising a player for his footballing ability (or lack of) is completely different to hating a player

2. Nuhiu gets criticism from fans because he's scored 1 goal in the last 18 months.....that's a pretty spectacular statistic to achieve

3. Some fans like players who give 100%....for me that's the least I expect (and yes I know we don't get it from every player) but I also want from a forward, pace, finishing ability and a pin ability to read the game...in pure statistical terms would you rather have 100% of 50 or 80% of 80?

4. In order to be a scapegoat it is generally a small minority critisising,,,,there is such as vast majority that don't rate Nuhiu then eventually people have to think that there is a reason why

5. There is far more abuse on here for the people who criticise Nuhiu than there ever has been for Nuhiu himself (not forgetting the odd bit of mod strategic post deleting / editing to keep the fires burning)

There is no doubt whatsoever that Nuhiu has made a massive difference in the last 2 games and anyone who can't see that is an idiot and there is a very good case for starting him on Saturday.....BUT...and it's a big one, don't get your expectations too high because we've been here time and time again, Nuhiu has a good game followed by 10, even 20 very average to poor ones. The good game leads to 100 page threads on here about how good he is before they generally peter out over the next 10.

If Nuhiu played every game like he did on Saturday, or even close to that then no one would be more delighted than me....but he doesn't, everyone knows that but for some reason there is a massive love fest for him on the odd occasion he does.

Every bandwagon has a driver

I would agree with those that point to Nuhiu's goal scoring record with dismay and it makes it hard to argue for a start in the team. But I would have him on the bench for every game, even to the exclusion of Fletcher should he be dropped from the team..I would consider bringing Nuhiu on straight after half time if needs be or at any point late into the game, even if we are winning. There is nobody at our club who is better than him at holding the ball up (he may lose it ocassionally)but mostly he does that job well and he has the ability to create panic in the oppositions area, when we are on all out attack mode. Atdhe is a big unit and hard to knock off the ball. He has shown us some really nifty footwork at times  too, for  a big lad.He does have drawbacks, but if I were a central defender of our opponents, I would not like to see Nuhiu standing on the sideline waiting to come on at say the 60 mins stage. You would at the very least know that you are going to have to deal with something different and physical.

It is pretty obvious that for Atty to be effective we need to be pushing forward. The Hull scenario was perfect. Get the ball forward , get bodies close to him and try to benefit from the carnage he creates.

Not sure starting him will work unless we are willing to commit players forward from the start and bringing him on to hang on to a lead is nonsense.

He gets left on the halfway line on his own and opposition just ignore him.

But bringing him on last  30 to chase a game is a worthwhile tactic which we should have used more but Carlos settles for a draw too often 

6 hours ago, Kosovo'sNo.9 said:

What I have heard some of the fans shout to Nuhiu in the past 4 years has been nothing short of vile and disgraceful.

He has been made such an easy scapegoat because of his size and his different style of play, and fair play to him he has just got on with it.

To all the fans who have abused him in the past (and I mean abused, not constructively criticised him) Would you go and say that to his face when it would be just the 2 of you??? No I thought not, filthy cowards.

UTO!!!

Would you go and say that to the fans faces when it would be just the 2 of you???

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Can't argue with that, Ian, and I'm a fan of Nuhiu.

I actually wouldn't start Nuhiu unless we're going to replicate the set-up that saw out the Hull game.

If it's going to be Nuhiu up top by himself or Nuhiu with Hooper, then it'll fail and he'll inevitably get subbed at half-time.

If it's Nuhiu with Rhodes or Fletcher, and Hooper playing either alongside them or (as is more likely) at the tip of a midfield diamond, and we play on the front foot then it might just work.

6 hours ago, Kosovo'sNo.9 said:

UTO!!!

Top post K9

4 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Our fans are a disgrace at times. United are getting more credit for losing games than we are when we win them. I created a thread about Nuhiu the other month saying he has a role to play and how he can get the best out of Rhodes and got abused for it.

In fairness all clubs fans have an element who can be a disgrace at times, certainly United have many and more than us IMO.

Its not really an even playing field at this time, to properly try to draw a comparison between Sheffield fans behaviours though, again IMO. United are most certainly riding the crest of a wave and we most certainly aren't, that's undeniable and is of huge relevance to how people feel and what they might say.

Your right about abuse though, its not acceptable.

UTO

6 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I think he's a terrible option when we are holding onto a lead.

The opposition can just camp in our half knowing that Nuhiu will not hit them on the counter.  They would know that it cam with huge risks if the likes of FF and Joao are on the pitch.

Always put pace on when you are winning in my opinion.

i remember at Blackburn last season he came on and 3 times they put dead balls into our box and 3 times it was dave who headed it away .......think your peeing in the wind if you expect carlos to put on an attacking player if we are 1 up away from home and under the cosh. 

7 hours ago, Ian said:

Agree with not necessarily listening to fans when it comes to picking a manger but it's a foolish chairman who doesn't take in to account the fans views of a manager 2+ years in........you can't ignore unhappy punters for too long especially when season ticket renewal time is just round the corner

i have seen posts on here from the usual suspects but in the main it seems to me the majority of our supporters seem to be still onside with carlos ......i havnt heard any major protests at games , i havnt heard any carlos out chants  from the masses so i don't see it as  chansiri ignoring the majority of fans ,quite the opposite in fact .

Unfortunately we have some moronic fans, alas there’s nothing we can do about it.

Under no circunstances should that prevent Nuhiu getting a start based on performances the same as everyone else.

The most concerning aspect of all this is that it’s testimony to our transfer failings, that’s no slight in Nuhiu.