CC comments on playing Atdhe Nuhiu

Its nothing new from our fans, when Hirsty signed from Barnsley he got his fair share of stick in his early days.

All fans are the same, fickle when things arnt going their way, too quick to judge or just havnt got a clue about the game.

Who is our best player, at the moment I would say Hooper, but maybe Fernando when fit and on song.

Who is my favourite player, Nuhiu!  After the recent bore fests of the last few home games, what a lift he gave the game, got me going, would have laughed myself senseless if he had scored a third when put through by Hooper.  Still that's AN for you, long may it continue, but agree off the bench is probably best.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

4 minutes ago, paddyowl said:

Its nothing new from our fans, when Hirsty signed from Barnsley he got his fair share of stick in his early days.

All fans are the same, fickle when things arnt going their way, too quick to judge or just havnt got a clue about the game.

they boo'd john Sheridan which tells you everything you need to know about the fickleness of some fans .

He's quite comparable to Emile Heskey really in the sense that it's become fashionable to slate him. Rather than see him as the perfect foil for the other striker who does get the goals (owen/hooper) he's seen as a parody for some and for others a way to give banter to other teams (how crap must you be if Heskey scored!?!)

Atty could be our Kosovan Heskey!!

Just now, Ash76 said:

Just for starters he was boo’d when he came on at Ipswich 

I only saw that game on TV so didn't hear it.

Its part and parcel of being a well paid footballer getting a bit of stick from the crowd. Not that I would recommend doing it but can sometimes fire up a player to do well and stick two fingers back to the crowd.

8 minutes ago, wednesdaywizard said:

Technically he's limited but so are some of our other players.  They all have areas that are beyond them or they could improve.

Fact of the matter is though that Atdhe played 50 (FIFTY) games when we made wembley and played our best football.  People refuse to acknowledge that.  We've spent millions on 'better' players and have performed worse.

Technically he’s actually decent, his problems are shooting, speed and jumping 

13 minutes ago, BDM4nil said:

I know AN has come in for a lot of criticism from fans at times - he 's also far from alone - and IMO a fair bit has been 'over the top' and not required.

I myself think AN gives his all and you can't ask for more. Yeah he's got limitations, but he can also be a handful up front clearly and things do happen around him. I have also previously stated that he makes great defensive headers from conceded set pieces, which is a big asset to have in the team - Fletcher is very good at this also - and this can also go largely unnoticed by many fans, I feel.

AN in his last few games has done very well and has rightfully received a good deal of praise. Shouldn't this be enough to get a start then - in my opinion yes - but its CC decision here, as will be the way we play and how well his team try to use AN's assets.

In his Star article on this matter though, all CC has managed to do really, is stir up more s!!t and negativity and for the fans, himself and AN - not good, required or professional IMO. 

Also, it appears to me that there may be an element of self preservation in CC's comments here - I.E. If we lose and play poorly at Norwich and AN hasn't started, then a potential attempt to to deflect from CC here already, some criticism of this that may have been coming  his way ?

Granted I may be seeing too much here, but it does make you wonder and particularly so in the current climate of large unrest.

UTO - Hope we beat Norwich, play well and AN scores.

is there 2 articles ?coz the one I read i'm blowed where I can see where carlos is having a pop at the fans 

For me big Dave has always given everything, yes he doesn't score many but as other people have said he makes life difficult for defenders and many are scared of him. He does have a lot of skill on the floor which has surprised quiet a few people. He doesn't deserve the criticism , some owls fans seem to be on the bandwagon to destroy the Owls confidence. We don't make the decisions, we go to support so lets get on and support ALL the Owls players who ever plays 

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

they boo'd john Sheridan which tells you everything you need to know about the fickleness of some fans .

Some of the tripe that has been posted on here in the last 6 months and the rest has been embarrassing TBH.

Its very rare I read past the topic page nowadays.

• Thanks 1

Guest Bulgaria
46 minutes ago, addedtime said:

I tell you what. I think AN may actually be a solution. He doesn't need to be a goal threat as Fletcher isn't and he offers something that Fletcher doesn't. It was obvious on Saturday what he offers. He need goal scorers around him. He has this with Hooper and Rhodes. Give him a start with Hooper.

We have a winner

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

is there 2 articles ?coz the one I read i'm blowed where I can see where carlos is having a pop at the fans 

I think its this bit:

“But we must be careful. “If he has a good game, and we put him in from the beginning, the criticism maybe will come very easy.” “But he is a player we like a lot, because he can affect the game.”

Nothing to get too upset about.

For what its worth I don't really rate Nuhiu, nowhere near mobile enough for me and think he is better coming off the bench with his height for something different if we need it late in a game.

Big Dave is without question the cult hero at SWFC.

Semedo held that title until he was released in the summer - now it is big Dave.

It is a crown worn with pride by many players over the years - limited, sparingly used grafters who everyone wants to see succeed, or perhaps the maverick and unreliable winger.  Lawrie Madden towards the end of his career, perhaps Nigel Jemson post car crash, JJ et al. 

Love to see the big fella come on and, as has been discussed before, no goal is celebrated more than a big Dave goal.

Guest everydays_wednesday
1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

Agree, everyone in ground singing his name Saturday when a large amount will have abused him previously. The 2 faced w4nkers should be ashamed 

You are right but......let him without sin cast the first stone !

Think of all your years of watching Wednesday and if you can come away after truly thinking back and saying to yourself you have never had a player you have disliked and possibly made a scapegoat and hurled a little bit of abuse at in the heat of the moment then you are truly a saint. And I don’t mean Southampton fan.

TBF I think Nuhiu is a player with limited ability but plenty of heart. Many will say he is not good enough for a team chasing promotion (allegedly), myself included though he was my MOM on Saturday, but few would question his willingness to give his all. He got a standing ovation for winning a throw-in on Saturday after running down a ball whilst other more gifted players do not commit themselves as fully. Criticism I can understand, he did not score a single goal last year, hatred and personal abuse I can not. 

Edited by Beauchief Owl

5 minutes ago, everydays_wednesday said:

and hurled a little bit of abuse at in the heat of the moment then you are truly a saint.

I am sure there are many of us that have never 'hurled abuse' at a player and I am no saint.

28 minutes ago, BDM4nil said:

I know AN has come in for a lot of criticism from fans at times - he 's also far from alone - and IMO a fair bit has been 'over the top' and not required.

I myself think AN gives his all and you can't ask for more. Yeah he's got limitations, but he can also be a handful up front clearly and things do happen around him. I have also previously stated that he makes great defensive headers from conceded set pieces, which is a big asset to have in the team - Fletcher is very good at this also - and this can also go largely unnoticed by many fans, I feel.

AN in his last few games has done very well and has rightfully received a good deal of praise. Shouldn't this be enough to get a start then - in my opinion yes - but its CC decision here, as will be the way we play and how well his team try to use AN's assets.

In his Star article on this matter though, all CC has managed to do really, is stir up more s!!t and negativity and for the fans, himself and AN - not good, required or professional IMO. 

Also, it appears to me that there may be an element of self preservation in CC's comments here - I.E. If we lose and play poorly at Norwich and AN hasn't started, then a potential attempt to to deflect from CC here already, some criticism of this that may have been coming  his way ?

Granted I may be seeing too much here, but it does make you wonder and particularly so in the current climate of large unrest.

UTO - Hope we beat Norwich, play well and AN scores.

With respect, I think you're doing a good job with the stirring.