Ask The Chairman Part 13 - GEORGE HIRST

Not quite sure if George is doing the right thing here, but hey, from one Wednesday fan to another, good luck pal. Hope it all works out for you.

And you know, David is David, and a father always wants whats best for his lad. Don't ever take away from him what he did for us. Totally brilliant on his day.

I'm moving on. Good luck fellas.

i think that there is little doubt that we are going to be saying goodbye to Mr Hurst. It seems obvious to me That he is never going to be satisfied with any deal which we may offer. Don't forget that there are players which clubs have been unable to sign but this has not stopped football going o The game is still bigger than the players, and so I think we should close this thread, otherwise it will just keep rolling, at the expense of other topics.

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

Naturally! They want their 'product' to be seen in as many windows as possible. The question is not,whether Wednesday are keen on him going into the shop window, bt the price they are prepared to pay for this 'priviledge'. The question is simple not about anything other than MONEY. The way I read it, Hurst values himself much higher than Wednesday value him.This NOT a new problem, it is age-old, and applies in all commercial concerns.

As for DC 'doing what he wants', of course he does. He OWNS the club. It's his money that is invested, not ours. We may not like it, but we must accept it. If he is not prepared to be held to ransom by an employee, that is his prerogative.

Hirst, his name is Hirst Bookstonegent.

Please try and spell it correctly.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Thats a sad indictment of the mentality of young footballers then.

So take the fact he's a football out of it and why would it be any different for any profession?  People put too much emotion into football deals when in reality they are little more than business deals for 2 of the 3 parties involved (player and club, not fans).

Why is it sad that an employee would attempt to earn as much money as possible during their (very short) career?  Exchange the name George Hirst with your own and Sheffield Wednesday with your current employer and run the numbers.  How much loyalty would you have if a larger competitor came in and offered you a much larger wage?

• Like 1

Just not bothered...

On 12/4/2017 at 13:24, @owlstalk said:

What if they weren't berating the club but instead have the story from the other side that might show the club differently to Mr Chansiri's explanation?

If Chansiri's public statement is all lies, has the other party come forward - publicly - with their version.

Sometimes silence speaks volumes.

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

One of the saddest things in this thread and on social media this last 48 hours is how fans have turned on David Hirst 

I don't get it

What don't you get exactly ?

You offered this same sentiment to me, in a reply to an earlier post i had made and which dared hold a negative encompassed about David Hirst within it. I then replied to this and with some reasoning as to why this was and which I also believed and as stated then was of fair comment and also in the known circumstances to this time  -  How very dare I, I will give myself a damn good thrashing for this.

Do you expect everybody connected with SWFC to have absolute undying loyalty to David Hirst and way above SWFC itself  ? There appears precious little loyalty on display coming the other way at this time, from David / George Hirst, as far as I can see at all here.

Do you think David Hirst sh!!s twenty pound notes ? Are you in love with him ? Please, please change the record.

UTO

• Haha 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole
5 minutes ago, Beanie Rook said:

Ok wrong choice of words. Doesn't want to stay rather than play. The answer is exactly the same. Why play him?

Maybe he does want to stay?