Ask The Chairman Part 13 - GEORGE HIRST

1 minute ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

what about the 100th?

or does the topic start again with a new heading?

Only when we reach the 1001st page.

We'll need another heading by then because we'll have moved on to David Hirst's grandson.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Anyone who thinks they're gonna start publishing responses is very naive.

They have absolutely zero need to. 

Sorry I don't agree totally.

There is a need to clarify their stance on all of this. They are trying to find the highest profile suitor out there, who will pay the highest possible money and give George the best advantage. They will not want to be seen as difficult to deal and people that make impossible demands on behalf of their client. Doyen want to attract even more players into their stable and will want to be seen as professional. There is a need, I assure you...they want to make money and lots of it. David Hirst will be very keen that George does not get held back the same way he did.

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Anyone who thinks they're gonna start publishing responses is very naive.

They have absolutely zero need to. 

No because they have 'friends' in the media who keep putting out the story about how badly the club are treating the 'young, exciting prospect' George Hirst. It may be that after the John Beresford one-sided article that the club decided it was time its side of the saga was heard.

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

One of the saddest things in this thread and on social media this last 48 hours is how fans have turned on David Hirst 

I don't get it

For the record I never have nor ever will turn on David Hirst, I know him as a great footballer and a man who many Sheffield Wednesday Fans aspire to as "one of our own" 

What ever has and is going on is out of our (the fans) hands ..

But he is a father and he I would assume is guiding and looking after his sons best interests ?

Mr Chansiri is I assume looking after his family and I would hope our clubs best interests ?

Again this is out of our control ....

All we should be concerned with is the club achieves the success that we patiently have waited for.

For most of my life and before my life started Wednesday have had the infastructure and the greatest support that befits a very successful club.

We - in my opinion are long overdue success  by no means do I imply we are a " Newcastle" and deserve success just because we are a big team,  the reason I say Newcastle is Alan Shearer.. he could have gone to Man Utd and have a wall full of cups n medals to look at in his retirement but chose his hometown club, because he wanted to play for them - he loves them and wanted to win things with them , that didn't happen but he had no regrets doing so ..

We can't read into Hirst Snr or Jnrs mindset 

But if and if it's all about money then the chairman is correct to stick to his policy. 

But at the same time have a long hard look at our squad and look at the bench sat on cushions of 50 quid notes? 

There is always two sides to a story 

Unfortunately we don't know both sides 

So there's no point grasping for an answer.

In the near not too distant G Hirst may go and play somewhere else but we will still be here and we will move on and hopefully get the success we crave- with or without a Hirst in the team.

Don't take it personal though 

Because that's how business works , 

And football is a Huge Business you know ............ 

• Like 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole
23 hours ago, BIG D said:

If he proved himself then of course he would be rewarded with a new deal.

I love how people are saying nothing to do with him being David's Son but now it's brought up that Wednesday refused to let his Father talk to Man U back in the day.

Excuse me if my heart doesn't bleed for David Hirst but he was playing for one of the best teams in the country at the time and no doubt getting paid handsomely.

His lad has been offered a guaranteed £400k+ which is a decent wedge to earn before you're 23.

It turns out it's not enough and he wants it all now.

7 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Geoffrey?

8k per week?

owt to say?

Wasn't this the £8k? I know its slightly less than £8k but near as damn

Guest Hillsborough Mole
Just now, Donny.Owl said:

To be fair, he did say it's a decent wedge to earn "before you're 23".

Which is in around 4 years.

Might be better to be a bit more specific when hes having a go at Wednesday players. would save confusion.

On 05/12/2017 at 08:26, Manwithastick said:

Well, I wouldn't have signed on for four years, with no  break clause (playing and scoring for fun, Man Utd come in and offer £25m - Wednesday 

can repeat what they did with David and refuse to even let him talk to them) for £2k per week either. 

You won't get George's version as there is simply no upside. It doesn't matter what else is said - the vast majority have made their minds up and the 

chairman has played another blinder. Rest assured, £10k per week was NOT being sought but assurances about development, options etc were,

and quite rightly so. 

What has happened says everything about the attitude of one person, and it's a crying shame.

Neg away. 

It’s all in there, best to read the thread. 

I think Geoffrey did that’s why he went missing.

Edited by BIG D
  • Haha 1