Ask The Chairman Part 13 - GEORGE HIRST

Just catching up with this as I've been working daft hours this week but I think that's an excellent statement by DC and, although there are always two sides to a story, it isn't something our chairman needed to do and does match up a lot of what we know historically about footballers and their greedy agents/entourage.

I'm content that George Hirst has been made a reasonable contract offer by the club considering his playing history, performance and estimated potential. If he doesn't take it then I wish him look but the grass is often greener and all that. He may well not prosper.

On 04/12/2017 at 14:03, hugeowl said:

Wonder what money the lad Brookes is on at S2 ? 

Also, being young didn’t stop him from playing in the Championship did it?

Or Rooney for England, all those years ago... or Pele even before that...

If you’re good enough you’re old enough.

If it's 8 , he's off.

According to 5 live, Chelsea's top kids are on on around £30,000 per week.

As  is Fletcher, so this may be what Doyen are asking for Hirsty- based on what DC said.

If Everton and Leicester want him, then he's clearly got potential.

Let's hope his agents don't ship him abroad as we then get nowt.

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

If it's 8 , he's off.

As  is Fletcher, so this may be what Doyen are asking for Hirsty- based on what DC said.

Danger of them doing that now we have hung George Hirst out to dry a bit.
Hope not though.
I don't blame him for asking for £30k (if he did), you don't ask you don't get and might have just been a starting point of negotiations.

On 12/4/2017 at 13:14, @owlstalk said:

Of the numerous League One and Two clubs interested in potentially loaning George, even with our more realistic sums proposed in the contract offer, all but one were very quickly out of the running due to these clubs simply not being able to pay these levels of salary.

The loan club remaining was itself willing to break their own wage structure to enable the temporary transfer but when George did not sign with SWFC the move could not materialise. We then received an unwelcome ultimatum from his agents insisting we sell George if a loan move was not forthcoming.

To me this must be the final sticking point in the negotiations.

If no contract could be agreed/signed with SWFC, then the only remaining loan club available could not be provided with a wages figure to pay him.

On 12/4/2017 at 13:14, @owlstalk said:

Of the numerous League One and Two clubs interested in potentially loaning George, even with our more realistic sums proposed in the contract offer, all but one were very quickly out of the running due to these clubs simply not being able to pay these levels of salary.

The loan club remaining was itself willing to break their own wage structure to enable the temporary transfer but when George did not sign with SWFC the move could not materialise. We then received an unwelcome ultimatum from his agents insisting we sell George if a loan move was not forthcoming.

To me this must be the final sticking point in the negotiations.

If no contract could be agreed/signed with SWFC, then the only remaining loan club available could not be provided with a wages figure to pay him.

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

If it's 8 , he's off.

Chelsea no longer pay those silly figures for young players unless they are established in the professional game - like Chalobah and Ake were when signing new deals

They don't pay anything like that for 1st year professionals - they do give good deals and structured progression plans though

Both Leicester and Everton have new managers so it will be interesting to see if the desire is still there - football moves on very quickly

The grass is rarely greener

12 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Loan club's don't pay the wages. Loan club's pay a fee, invoiced by the parent club

That's not how DC's statement reads, but whether its wages or invoiced amount it will still be in some part dictated by the figure agreed upon by the club and GH.

As no figure was agreed one would assume no loan move could be agreed. 

A trrusted mate of mine regularly drinks with Hirst Senior.

The reason why they told SWFC they had no intention of signing, was that it had already been made very clear that GH would NOT feature in the first team squad. This came initially from Carlos, but I understand DC said similar and that he was completely behind Carlos. This left GH with no propspects at all at SWFC.

It is obviously in the club's interest to make him look like a money-grabbing-big-time-Charlie and there may be some truth in that, but the reason he would not sign is that he doesn't want several more years in the stiffs. 

The talk of 'offers' from Premier League clubs may or may not be true. Given that Hirst Senior wants GH somewhere he stands a chance of playing, I am a little surprised that any genuine offer wasn't taken further, as it is the only way out for both GH and the club.

Believe what you will but their is far more to this than DC suggests.

When you say “not feature” what do you mean exactly? 

My interpretation is Hirst wanted assurances that he’d be included in the first team squad (from now on) whilst Carlos etc were of the view that he wasn’t ready yet. 

Good luck to the kid if he thinks he’s got more chance at a Prem club. 

Edited by SiJ

Guest Hillsborough Mole
5 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Load of cobblers. 

It’s up to him to go on loan, score shed loads of goals and force his way into the match day squad. 

But if he's been prevented from going on loan it's a Catch 22

1 minute ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

But if he's been prevented from going on loan it's a Catch 22

Very much so, ie sign the contract you can go out loan. Seems to be a lack of faith from both parties. 

In which case it's probably better he moves on. 

2 hours ago, fred mciver said:

If it's 8 , he's off.

My sources tell me thats exactly whats going to happen..he his celtic bound