Ask The Chairman Part 13 - GEORGE HIRST

1 hour ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

To be fair - it still is.

Uniteds Academy is one of only 2 that has contributed most player minutes to the Premier League this season (the other being Bayern Munich)

We're not even in the top 10 academies in the Championship.

Be good if you could point us in the direction of any posts / articles where the club says we are. Club seem to be the first to admit we aren't in the past. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Why are are people saying about libel?

Nobody is saying Mr Chansiri is lying 

That’s never been the suggestion

what people are suggesting is that there is more to the story than just the facts that have been published by the club

thats all

Mr Chansiri hasn’t lied

but that doesn’t mean he’s said everything about the story 

not by a long shot

libel laws are totally completely irrelevant in this case

Don't think people are the are accusing the chairman of lying what they are saying is that the other party should give their side of the story which could in essence accuse him of being economical with the truth. As I said I would assume any meetings would be minuted giving concrete evidence to either or both sides 

23 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Which one of our U23s scored more than 40 goals last season?

But we aren't talking about him appearing for the U23 we are talking about him appearing for the 1st team. As has been said on here by people whose opinion I respect, because having spoken to them they are involved in football at various levels and by people in the media, the gulf between academy football and the senior game, especially in the top two leagues in huge. 

Edited by darra

This is starting to remind me of a time when my lad played Sunday junior football and you'd get the parents who thought their lad was the next Messi. "you can't sub little Johnny if you do ill find him another team" 

21 minutes ago, darra said:

But we aren't talking about him appearing for the U23 we are talking about him appearing for the 1st team. As has been said on here by people whose opinion I respect, because having spoken to them they are involved in football at various levels and by people in the media, the gulf between academy football and the senior game, especially in the top two leagues in huge. 

You answered my post where I questioned why he wasn't playing in August. He had been left out of the U23s in August whilst Chansiri's statement seems to point to trouble just before the window shut. An avid academy watcher on here had posted about Hirst being prevented from training with his peers way before this.

More questions than answers.

Edited by Geoffrey

Guest Hillsborough Mole
41 minutes ago, darra said:

Be good if you could point us in the direction of any posts / articles where the club says we are. Club seem to be the first to admit we aren't in the past. 

Be even better if you could point me in the direction of any posts I've made where I said the club were claiming this. 

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Well I'm sure that the chairman will have been comforted that his statement on this matter has closed it off for good meaning all the criticism will have now ended

Very cynical of him to answer the question in the first place , he certainly knows how to split the fanbase on most issues IMO.

My take on this for what its worth

Surely if Young GH has an offer from another club that they want the club to match then he has very obviously been tapped up as he still has more than 6 months on his contract
and for me this is what is wrong about this whole affair

Maybe the not playing has actually come from the Hirst camp rather than Chansiri as an injury now could put an end to his career full stop 

17 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

Very cynical of him to answer the question in the first place , he certainly knows how to split the fanbase on most issues IMO.

Cynical? I don't see it that way at all

The whole situation is far from satisfactory and unless the player's reps step forward and contest what's been said then, as an exercise, I'd say it's been helpful in providing the fan base with some much-needed clarity

I would hope at very least it might persuade them to answer those emails and get all parties around the table in an effort to resolve things

Guest Hillsborough Mole

44 pages in and some people still suggesting Hirst might be refusing to play lol

Is there really anybody stoopid enough to think the Chairman might not have mentioned that in his statement??

lol

3 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Cynical? I don't see it that way at all

The whole situation is far from satisfactory and unless the player's reps step forward and contest what's been said then, as an exercise, I'd say it's been helpful in providing the fan base with some much-needed clarity

I would hope at very least it might persuade them to answer those emails and get all parties around the table in an effort to resolve things

Going by the fan against fan posts on here it's still clear as mud lol

2 hours ago, Donny.Owl said:

Nothing to Neg in there.

This is what Neil's talking about.

More info to flesh the bones.

£2k a week, with bonuses for making the 1st team seems fair to me for a 18 year old learning his trade.

But 4 years with no clauses, doesn't seem fair.

If he became a 1st team regular and was scoring for fun next season, he'd still be on the low wage (relative in football) + bonuses, with no guarantees that he'd get a pay rise to match his progress.

If he proved himself then of course he would be rewarded with a new deal.

I love how people are saying nothing to do with him being David's Son but now it's brought up that Wednesday refused to let his Father talk to Man U back in the day.

Excuse me if my heart doesn't bleed for David Hirst but he was playing for one of the best teams in the country at the time and no doubt getting paid handsomely.

His lad has been offered a guaranteed £400k+ which is a decent wedge to earn before you're 23.

It turns out it's not enough and he wants it all now.

Edited by BIG D

3 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

Going by the fan against fan posts on here it's still clear as mud lol

I'd suggest that's because folks had taken sides before reading Mr C's account

I read it again this morning and still think it's an honest appraisal, even if it is from one viewpoint

Unless Doyen or the Hirsts decide to challenge it then it's all we have to go on

Anything else is just speculation (again!)

22 minutes ago, wattagit said:

My take on this for what its worth

Surely if Young GH has an offer from another club that they want the club to match then he has very obviously been tapped up as he still has more than 6 months on his contract
and for me this is what is wrong about this whole affair

Indeed... and what if it’s the other way round and Doyen (therefore Hirst) have approached the other clubs. I’d imagine that would rally pïss DC off.