Ask The Chairman Part 13 - GEORGE HIRST

Guest Manwithastick

Well, I wouldn't have signed on for four years, with no  break clause (playing and scoring for fun, Man Utd come in and offer £25m - Wednesday 

can repeat what they did with David and refuse to even let him talk to them) for £2k per week either. 

You won't get George's version as there is simply no upside. It doesn't matter what else is said - the vast majority have made their minds up and the 

chairman has played another blinder. Rest assured, £10k per week was NOT being sought but assurances about development, options etc were,

and quite rightly so. 

What has happened says everything about the attitude of one person, and it's a crying shame.

Neg away. 

18 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

The other side need to come out in public then and make a statement now as if the Chairman is telling lies then this will end up in court.

I honestly don't think he would have put this to print if there was no truth in it, he might struggle in some peoples eyes running a football club but I don't think he would put his self up for a libel case. The silence coming from the Hirst camp has been deafening and this is very very sad for all parties concerned IMO

Why are are people saying about libel?

Nobody is saying Mr Chansiri is lying 

That’s never been the suggestion

what people are suggesting is that there is more to the story than just the facts that have been published by the club

thats all

Mr Chansiri hasn’t lied

but that doesn’t mean he’s said everything about the story 

not by a long shot

libel laws are totally completely irrelevant in this case

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

what people are suggesting is that there is more to the story than just the facts that have been published by the club

thats all

Mr Chansiri hasn’t lied

not by a long shot

Was just about to type more or less the same.

It is possible the club have put a bit of spin on there version of events similar to how politicians do.

Not lying at all but putting facts is best possible light and leaving stuff out that puts them in a bad light.

18 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

Well, I wouldn't have signed on for four years, with no  break clause (playing and scoring for fun, Man Utd come in and offer £25m - Wednesday 

can repeat what they did with David and refuse to even let him talk to them) for £2k per week either. 

You won't get George's version as there is simply no upside. It doesn't matter what else is said - the vast majority have made their minds up and the 

chairman has played another blinder. Rest assured, £10k per week was NOT being sought but assurances about development, options etc were,

and quite rightly so. 

What has happened says everything about the attitude of one person, and it's a crying shame.

Neg away. 

Nothing to Neg in there.

This is what Neil's talking about.

More info to flesh the bones.

£2k a week, with bonuses for making the 1st team seems fair to me for a 18 year old learning his trade.

But 4 years with no clauses, doesn't seem fair.

If he became a 1st team regular and was scoring for fun next season, he'd still be on the low wage (relative in football) + bonuses, with no guarantees that he'd get a pay rise to match his progress.

Edited by Donny.Owl

2 minutes ago, Donny.Owl said:

Nothing to Neg in there.

£2k a week, with bonuses for making the 1st team seems fair to me for a 18 year old learning his trade.

If he became a 1st team regular and was scoring for fun next season, he'd still be on the low wage (relative in football) + bonuses, with no guarantees that he'd get a pay rise to match his progress.

Although we’ve already seen that Chansiri will dish out improved contracts, probably a bit too readily to be honest.

It all this is because he wants a minimum buy out clause then... Jesus. If Man U come in with £25m then he’ll get his move whatever his contract says. 

All this talk about Man U and contracts though eh. He’s never even kicked a league football and that’s what they’re haggling over.

Run/Walk

14 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Was just about to type more or less the same.

It is possible the club have put a bit of spin on there version of events similar to how politicians do.

Not lying at all but putting facts is best possible light and leaving stuff out that puts them in a bad light.

As is their right and the right thing to do from a corporate, PR and commercial point of view

If I were Chansiri I'd have either made no statement at all about it or I'd have put out exactly the same statement because as we saw in the times of Dave Allen, anything put out that sounds meaty, in-depth and with the club letterhead attached at the top will be swallowed by the vast majority of fans out there who will also turn on anyone who might suggest there's more to it than what they got.

Owlstalk Shop

16 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Although we’ve already seen that Chansiri will dish out improved contracts, probably a bit too readily to be honest.

It all this is because he wants a minimum buy out clause then... Jesus. If Man U come in with £25m then he’ll get his move whatever his contract says. 

All this talk about Man U and contracts though eh. He’s never even kicked a league football and that’s what they’re haggling over.

Run/Walk

See can't argue with that either!

As I was typing my post, I did think, there's a history here of Chansiri rewarding players with improved deals.

I guess it boils down to trust, and this is maybe where having an agent muddies the waters?

Shame they can't meet in the middle, make it a 2 year deal and trust each other that, for George, there's a chance of a better contract at he end and, for Chansiri, George isn't gonna jump ship as soon as it runs out.

22 minutes ago, Donny.Owl said:

Nothing to Neg in there.

you can’t really think that - been said many times in this thread that football is a business and if GH did make the first team and did well, became a real tangible asset rather than a potential one and you think his contract wouldn’t change? Ridiculous assumption just to make a negative point. 

47 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

thats all

Mr Chansiri hasn’t lied

not by a long shot

I was reacting to this:

19 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

The other side need to come out in public then and make a statement now as if the Chairman is telling lies then this will end up in court.

Nothing else, not saying anyone is lying just that @coopswfc76 was wrong in his assumption of this.

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

I was reacting to this:

19 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

Nothing else, not saying anyone is lying just that @coopswfc76 was wrong in his assumption of this.

Yeah I saw that.

I was referring to fans in general discussing the libel laws when it's absolutely nothing to do with all this mess or anything that Mr Chansiri released which I'm sure is 100% total fact

Owlstalk Shop

41 minutes ago, stowyowl said:

Has there even been so much public furore around a youth player with two first team sub appearances before?

The reason in 2 words. David Hirst.

9 hours ago, 2hoots said:

Very true. There is only one truth out there at the moment and it comes from the Chairman. I believe that his statement is unarguable (he cannot lie in official statements), and I’ll be very surprised if we hear anything official from GH and his team. They may continue with leaks and innuendo via third parties, but this will undermine their position, and you’re right - assumptions will be made.

Also I would think that any meetings between the two parties would be minuted thereby giving more gravitas to the chairmans statement. 

• Like 1

Top quality British strikers ala Hirsty, Shearer, Kane etc come around once in a decade.

Be absolutely gutted if we missed out on one of our own because of Doyen, DC, etc.

The odds of him being that good are remote, but all the cash spunked on crap signings would make it all the more disappointing if he was.

Him putting pen to paper on the great deal offered by Leicester would be more salt in the wounds after Vardy.

24 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I was referring to fans in general discussing the libel laws when it's absolutely nothing to do with all this mess or anything that Mr Chansiri released which I'm sure is 100% total fact

Like the statement about the kit manufacturer. It was a shame that they weren't named, though.