Ask The Chairman Part 13 - GEORGE HIRST

Guest Hillsborough Mole
4 hours ago, GoldGigsChris said:

If David Hirst had wanted the best for his kid 8 years ago, he would've sent him to uniteds academy - which WAS miles ahead of ours at the time.

The advice GH is receiving now seems to be based purely on money, not what is best for his development.

4 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

To be fair - it still is.

Uniteds Academy is one of only 2 that has contributed most player minutes to the Premier League this season (the other being Bayern Munich)

We're not even in the top 10 academies in the Championship.

2 hours ago, darra said:

Be good if you could point us in the direction of any posts / articles where the club says we are. Club seem to be the first to admit we aren't in the past. 

WHERE. DID. I. SAY. THAT. THE . CLUB. WERE. CLAIMING. WE. ARE. IN. THE. TOP. 10. ACADEMIES?

12 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Clare, Stobbs and Thorniley have all been out on loan this season despite their contracts terminating on the same day as George Hirst's.

Stobbs & Clare signed 1yr extensions to their previous deals during the summer, Thorniley had another year to run on his

As far as I'm aware, none of them were offered a long-term deal 18 months before their current deals expired - there's the difference

1 minute ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

WHERE. DID. I. SAY. THAT. THE . CLUB. WERE. CLAIMING. WE. ARE. IN. THE. TOP. 10. ACADEMIES?

Where did I ever say you did say that? :wacko:

I made a comment in a thread that's 40 odd pages long and you think somehow that I was talking directly to you?   What you smoking?

10 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

...every bugger making an assumption/speculating is doing the same. The only actual facts that 'we' all know is the club statement. Until Doyen et al have the decency to provide their version of the negotiating and facts then sheitestirring is all that's left to do.

A close friend said...the same thing you've just pulled another poster up for doing..I would like the reps of GH to actually tell us what they have been doing to benefit him and the club.

Why would the reps of George be doing anything to benefit the club ?

3 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Stobbs & Clare signed 1yr extensions to their previous deals during the summer, Thorniley had another year to run on his

As far as I'm aware, none of them were offered a long-term deal 18 months before their current deals expired - there's the difference

Yeah but did they have anyone 'close' effing & jeffing at academy staff?

Edited by BIG D

4 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

Why would the reps of George be doing anything to benefit the club ?

And there you have it!

So all the speculation simply damages the club. Unless someone really does know the facts then it does nothing but damage the club. The club have provided an explanation. Maybe Doyen should offer their side of the negotiations in order to make whatever happens get done professionally for all concerned.

It really would be a very simple statement. 

Or GH signs a new contract and proves himself where it matters...on the pitch.

Edited by Freshfish

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

One of the saddest things in this thread and on social media this last 48 hours is how fans have turned on David Hirst 

I don't get it

I don't really but the power of social media is overwhelming now, imagine what it would have been like if it had been around when Danny Wilson had us:duntmatter:

20 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Bit of guess work on my part I admit but you seem to have the ear of the club as it were. Hillsborough Mole indeed. I thought somebody might have told you at the club.  After all you said we aren't  t even in the top10 did you not? Or is it more guess work on your part? 

Edited by darra

5 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

..well that's lots of words to say you don't actually know anything and are speculating. But you carry on the speculation that DC stopped GH from playing...but speculating isn't necessary apparently...

Lot's of effort to speculate and pretend you don't want to speculate ... a very good speculating post when no facts are actually known. Keeps the sheite being stirred though doesn't it.

You've already once made a similar post decrying my speculating - and so I replied with an explanation of my reasoning. Odd that you never replied to that.

So, it seems you have a severe aversion to anybody speculating at all - and by 'speculating' you appear to mean piecing together the events and questioning the chairman's version of events.

If you disagree with my timeline of events, that's fine, perhaps you could suggest what you think is more likely.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
16 minutes ago, GoldGigsChris said:

Where did I ever say you did say that? :wacko:

I made a comment in a thread that's 40 odd pages long and you think somehow that I was talking directly to you?   What you smoking?

I was talking to Darra

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

One of the saddest things in this thread and on social media this last 48 hours is how fans have turned on David Hirst 

I don't get it

It's not a subject for reasoned debate it seems.

Last week I expressed (pretty mild) concerns about the dripping of leaks attributed to DH. I wish I hadn't in hindsight as perhaps it was those he had apparently confided in who were more culpable. He was/is one of my all time favourite players in some 55 years of watching Wednesday. Up there with Springett and Waddle. That he should now be the victim of abuse from Wednesdayites is beyond sad.   

There seems to be no acceptable middle ground on this; someone must be to blame it seems although this is not a view that I subscribe to.

What we are seeing is a symptom of the game/business of football in this country now. I don't like what it's become but it's just the way it is which is why I personally don't have an issue with the actions of either party in this sorry tale. It's a tough business environment first and foremost with cards fairly well stacked in the favour of players and agents these days admittedly.

It's not the same game that I grew to love as a youngster. In some respects better but in many ways far worse. My belief is that it is unsustainable financially anyway in the longer run. The prices, the spectacle, the greed and the malice have pretty much eroded my enthusiasm away.

5 minutes ago, darra said:

Bit of guess work on my part I admit but you seem to have the ear of the club as it were. Hillsborough Mole indeed. I thought somebody might have told you at the club.  After all you said we aren't  t even in the top10 did you not? Or is it more guess work on your part? 

I have absolutely no idea why you're goading Hillsborough Mole

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Hillsborough Mole
4 minutes ago, darra said:

No. I read this newspaper story. You can apologise if you like?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/revealed-premier-leagues-most-successful-9671204

Top 10 - minutes played

1. Man United: 27,179
  2. Tottenham: 13,997
  3. Southampton: 12,790
  4. Arsenal: 10,663
  5. West Ham: 10,268
  6. Man City: 9,197
  7. Chelsea: 8,586
  8. Sheffield United: 8,046
  9. Aston Villa: 7,670

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, GoldGigsChris said:

So why did you quote me?

Because I replied to a post you made - and he took my reply to you to mean that I was claiming the club were telling all and sundry that we have a Top 10 Academy.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
15 minutes ago, darra said:

My username is a tribute to the mole who would reveal club matters during the Trevor Francis years in the mid 90s?

How about you stop guessing eh? Thats twice now (if you include wrongly claiming that I was saying the club were telling people they are a Top 10 Academy) that you doing a 'bit of guess work' has made you look a bit silly

1 hour ago, Geoffrey said:

So someone has posted he's been offered 8k/week and you are repeating it as though it's fact to suit your argument.

I mean that’s exactly what you do... you just believe the people who suit your arguments.