player ratings

Westwood 6.5 made a couple of decent stops . 

Hunt 2 have been a fan in the past , but that was shocking . Unacceptable levels of effort and seemed to have poor discipline.

lees 1 pitiful , supposed mr consistent . Lack of effort .

loovens 3 should have been sent off , oh wait refs don’t do us favours do they!? 

Fox 4 poor ,  but unlike some, wasn’t for a lack of effort. 

Wallace 2 wouldn’t get in any other championship starting 11. So slow and predictable, a Carlos wet dream . 

Butterfield 3 more like the player my derby supporting mates described 

Bannan 6 best of a poor bunch . 

Reach 4  back to the nesh under performer we had before 

Rhodes 2 the invisible man 

Hooper 4 penalty aside , he was awful 

subs 

lee 2 looks finished to me unfortunately 

fletcher 1 utter donkey. Sums up our recruitment , past it , expensive and not very good .

nuihu 10 legend .....

2 hours ago, frastheowl said:

He can't do it alone, you're correct. 

But he really doesn't help himself. 

He sees the ball a helluva lot. And does nothing with it, the majority of the time.

He's our creative player. We play him in the position we do, so he can create things from deep. Whether that be long passes, intricate play through the thirds, running at players or give and go's.

And he opts for the safe, easy, cowardly option too easily.

Don't get me wrong...the side without him in it, doesn't bear thinking about. But when he produces displays like last night and Saturday, then there simply cannot be any praising him. It's at times like this when we need our main players to step up and be counted...not shrivel up and hide, frightened to do anything other than keep the bloody ball. 

Theres a lot of contradiction in your post. Read it back. Cant make my mind up if you love him or hate him.He is head and shoulders above anything else in that side. God knows what happens if he gets injured.He cant pass to anyone if there not making any space to run into. The most static side ever.If he as any sense he will be off in January then we will be f**ked. You really have a downer on Bannan if you describe is play as cowardly. Deary deary me. Again MOM including Saturday.

Hunt should be fined. He couldn't even be arsed in one 15 minute spell, and just kicked people instead.

Hooper looks overweight again, and is back to arm waving and whinging.

Loovens looks like a Pub player.

Lees has given up.

Fox tries, but is techically limited, and nowhere near promotion standard.

For a squad looking to go up, only Bannan and Westwood have the required quality.

The rest either aren't good enough, or have been ruined by Carlos.

7 hours ago, wexowl said:

I think Westwood got a smack in the face from that forward and the messing was between clenched teeth . Most likely wanted to deliver an Australian uppercut whilst appearing to smile.:biggrin:

This is exactly how i saw it, thought Westwood was going to lose it and was trying hard to hold back, the grip he had was not a friendly cuddle!

cannot see why many are scoring Hooper so low, not sure what else he could do considering how we were playing.  Credit to Westwood, Bannan Hooper and Nuhiu, Loovens = speechless!  meh the rest.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Westwood 6 Not at fault for the 2 goals

Hunt 4 - Misplaced passes all night and nearly gifted them a goal

Lees 4 - Had a stinker, worst game for the club

Loovens 5 Defended better than the 2 above but shocking early challenge and I thought he looked old last night

Fox 6.5 - Thought he defended pretty well

Wallace 5 Needs taking out of the team

Butterfield 5 Poor

Bannan 8 Best player on the pitch

Reach 7 Did ok

Hooper 5 He has gone off the boil recently

Rhodes 4 Poor footballer. He needs to take them headed chances as that is what he is paid to do

6 hours ago, CLswfc said:

Theres a lot of contradiction in your post. Read it back. Cant make my mind up if you love him or hate him.He is head and shoulders above anything else in that side. God knows what happens if he gets injured.He cant pass to anyone if there not making any space to run into. The most static side ever.If he as any sense he will be off in January then we will be f**ked. You really have a downer on Bannan if you describe is play as cowardly. Deary deary me. Again MOM including Saturday.

There's no contradiction. Just high expectations of a wonderful player.

In any team, there's the carriers and creators. And we have far more carriers than creators. Bannan is the most prominent of the creators. 

If Bannan isn't trying to make things happen, and been brave...then what's the chances for the rest of them!

With Butterfield sitting and performing a fairly limited role, then there's a freedom allowed to Bannan to be braver. And in my opinion, and that's all it is, in the last two games, he hasn't been. 

Whilst being a Bannan fan,I recognise he has his faults. I would like to know why he must, on receiving a ball from one of the defenders, pass it straight back. It's a waste of time, effort, and allows defenders more time to re-organise. Maybe the answer is to play the ball not to his feet, but to a position where he can run on to it. All our players must learn to control the ball first time. 

Awful performance all round.

Westwood - 7 - Some good stops and kicking was fairly good. Could have been 4/5 without him.

Hunt - 1 - Kept giving away stupid fouls and he simply cannot clear or cross a ball without it hitting an opponent. I have this debate a lot but I think Palmer is marginally better.

Loovens - 2 - Should have been sent off and moves like he's towing a bus. Moves the ball so slowly which doesn't help create any tempo.

Lees - 1 - I really like Tom but he had a really really poor night. Shocking distribution and basic defending was lacking. Still stand by that he shouldn't have as much as the ball as he should, the midfielders simply don't show for it often enough.

Fox - 4 - Didn't think Fox did too much wrong to be honest. Was caught out of position a couple of times first half but doesn't really offer anything out of the ordinary going forward.

Reach - 4 - Get's an additional 2 points for the assist at the death and he was the only one trying to drive forward in the first half. No end product and shambolic defending for their 2nd (he wasn't alone).

Butterfield - 3 - Played way too cautiously. Sideways to Lees and Loovens isn't good enough and he needs to take much more responsibility and look forward.

Bannan - 6 - Still our most likely player to create anything and in fairness he always shows and wants the ball. Thought in the first half he was playing too safe and simply laying it back to Lees/Loovens. When he actually drives forward he looks 10x the player.

Wallace - 2 - Waste of time. Too slow and predictable and should have been phased out of the starting line up over the course of last year. Mind you. I would hate to play with Hunt.

Rhodes - 2 - Should have scored with his only touch. Totally anonymous throughout with a pathetic penalty claim thrown in there too. I really want Jordan to come good but I just can't see how at the moment.

Hooper - 6 - Really like Hoops but not everything came off for him tonight. Still, he had the minerals to took home the pen and put wallace through with a lovely flick. Must be hard for him and Bannan at the moment as they're surrounded by players in shocking form. 

Subs

Lee - 2 - Offered nothing and his foul count must have beaten his touch count. Not sure what we expect of him from the bench though - isn't the type to change a game.

Fletcher - 1 - Get's a point for his minimal involvement in the penalty (he would have blazed it over had the lad not handled it). Awful ball which led to their 2nd. Looks devoid of any confidence at the moment.

Nuhiu - 9 - Not sure what else he could have done in the time he was on the pitch. Certainly will offer more than Rhodes & Fletcher and maybe we should give him a try at the weekend. In 15/16 campaign, he seemed to strike a good partnership with Hooper.

Carlos - Out. Boring & lucky.

36 minutes ago, Tapeworm said:

Awful performance all round.

Westwood - 7 - Some good stops and kicking was fairly good. Could have been 4/5 without him.

Hunt - 1 - Kept giving away stupid fouls and he simply cannot clear or cross a ball without it hitting an opponent. I have this debate a lot but I think Palmer is marginally better.

Loovens - 2 - Should have been sent off and moves like he's towing a bus. Moves the ball so slowly which doesn't help create any tempo.

Lees - 1 - I really like Tom but he had a really really poor night. Shocking distribution and basic defending was lacking. Still stand by that he shouldn't have as much as the ball as he should, the midfielders simply don't show for it often enough.

Fox - 4 - Didn't think Fox did too much wrong to be honest. Was caught out of position a couple of times first half but doesn't really offer anything out of the ordinary going forward.

Reach - 4 - Get's an additional 2 points for the assist at the death and he was the only one trying to drive forward in the first half. No end product and shambolic defending for their 2nd (he wasn't alone).

Butterfield - 3 - Played way too cautiously. Sideways to Lees and Loovens isn't good enough and he needs to take much more responsibility and look forward.

Bannan - 6 - Still our most likely player to create anything and in fairness he always shows and wants the ball. Thought in the first half he was playing too safe and simply laying it back to Lees/Loovens. When he actually drives forward he looks 10x the player.

Wallace - 2 - Waste of time. Too slow and predictable and should have been phased out of the starting line up over the course of last year. Mind you. I would hate to play with Hunt.

Rhodes - 2 - Should have scored with his only touch. Totally anonymous throughout with a pathetic penalty claim thrown in there too. I really want Jordan to come good but I just can't see how at the moment.

Hooper - 6 - Really like Hoops but not everything came off for him tonight. Still, he had the minerals to took home the pen and put wallace through with a lovely flick. Must be hard for him and Bannan at the moment as they're surrounded by players in shocking form. 

Subs

Lee - 2 - Offered nothing and his foul count must have beaten his touch count. Not sure what we expect of him from the bench though - isn't the type to change a game.

Fletcher - 1 - Get's a point for his minimal involvement in the penalty (he would have blazed it over had the lad not handled it). Awful ball which led to their 2nd. Looks devoid of any confidence at the moment.

Nuhiu - 9 - Not sure what else he could have done in the time he was on the pitch. Certainly will offer more than Rhodes & Fletcher and maybe we should give him a try at the weekend. In 15/16 campaign, he seemed to strike a good partnership with Hooper.

Carlos - Out. Boring & lucky.

Nuhui should definitely start on sat.

Can't believe I'm saying it but he should

13 hours ago, frastheowl said:

Again, I don't necesarily disagree with you.

But, when you're comparing him to Butterfield, Wallace and Reach...who were all bloody awful...a player of Bannan's incredible talent, should be the midfielder more likely to do something.

For me, it just wasn't enough. But I can understand why people would defend him. I just wish he showed more bravery in his play. He's too cautious so for. That might be an instruction from Carlos, but as a player, in the engine room, you have to be able to drag the game up by the scruff of the neck, regardless of what your instruction was at the start of the game. You have to be able to situationally analyse the game (the best midfielders this country has seen, Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, Vieira, Keane...all did this).  And Bannan is our equivalent...and he just doesn't do it.

I get the argument that top players that drive the midfield should be able to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and lift the team ..

but for me, thats one of the issues with Bannan. He's not that type of player which is why i think he is defo more suited to a 3 man midfield with a defensive mid or 2 protecting the back 4 when he's off trying to get the ball etc ..

also he's too lightweight and small to dominate a midfield .. I know there are players that can do that i guess, that are diminutive .. but if Bannan could do that, he wouldn't be with us ...

Thought Bannan,Westwood & Hooper were the only three to emerge from last night with any credit perfomance wise,even Hunt had an offday and hes been pretty steady so far this season.

Lees had a shocker,at fault for both goals,and as good as he was saturday last night was the polar opposite.

Really pleased for Dave to finally get that monkey off his back,took it well spared us all.

Must say I dont fancy us down at reading one bit,we came out in the same mode as the bristol game & only took the game seriously once wed gone behind which was bizare

Edited by legendaryswan

22 hours ago, trask43 said:

loovens 5 Is showing his age now but is still sadly our best defender and at least he is one of the few players that knows when to commit a foul

Usually in the first five minutes

9 hours ago, Davidioso said:

Have to say I thought Jack Hunt was particularly poor. Don't ever remember him being that sloppy.
His passing was a complete mystery and very random.

watch the Birmingham away match from this season ,hunts 'defending' is embarrassing .

I have to chuckle when people say he is a good player