Leon Clarke - What's made him what he is?

Finally matured. Apparently he is a positive presence in the dressing room now as well.

I always thought he was a decent player. The carp he got from us lot was well over the top. Yes, he was inconsistent and petulant but he had talent. Much better than some of the strikers we had at that time. 

I think the majority of our fans don't see any good in a player. I remember when Chris Brunt was here - the abuse he got was unbelievable. 

Had glimpses of brilliance, but overall he was terrible and only played to his potential when he felt like it. 

According to my blade friends Leon had a bit of a family tradgedy / emergency that may have given him a new outlook on life. Perhaps now he’s started to put some effort in. Who knows. 

Typically his best ever season has to be for the pigs, 

From what I've been told, Wilder and his staff have him on a specific diet and work him very hard in training. That and the manager's motivational aspects and players playing to their strengths are paying dividends. To be fair, it isn't just Leon that's benefitting either.