Leon Clarke - What's made him what he is?

6 minutes ago, qantas said:

A massive reason yes, Wilder scares me in terms of what he might do at S2, hopefully he's not as good as what a lot of people are starting to believe but....I think most of us know he probably is, lets hope he goes somewhere else.

Why would he go anywhere else when he's a out and out Blade and will be managing a Premier League team next season. 

22 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

It's not as if he was shyte for us.

That is a myth.

He was unplayable on a number of occasions for us too- and had obvious talent as a striker. But now he has a team around him and a positive manager he has finally realised his full potential and found consistency.. 

Correct, seems like he's finally grown up too and as already pointed out the death of his father will have had a positive impact on his career

He's not done in anywhere in the championship, this form will be a shock to any of the 100s of clubs he has played for. He was always a threat in L1 but to see what he's doing now is incredible really, I bet even he can't believe it 

58 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Leon Clarke.jpg

Who the hell would have thought for a second that Leon Clarke would have had the season he's having after watching him play for us the way he did?

What makes it worse is that it's for our neighbours and biggest rival too

What's made him click do you think?

Hes in really good nick - lost a lot of weight.

never seen him in shape he’s in.

plus I think wilder must have done something- he seems to have turned a lot of l1 also rans into good championship players and Clarke’s one of them.