Sheffield Wednesday fan banned for life for racism

1 hour ago, Baggiehy said:

The police have had a visual database since 2009 Facial recognition software pick people out then arrested at a later date

1 hour ago, Baggiehy said:

CCTV mate

1 hour ago, stevewhiterose said:

Well done Wednesday. On another note, I just wonder how these bans are actually enforced. 

Not a chance in hell with this disguise !!

The black tie might give it away though :ph34r:

downloadfile.jpeg

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

If I were banned from Hillsborough..I'd get round it by watching war of the world's nonstop until I had enough motivation to make the first eleven..see how the ban goes FFS then eh?

What you doing Saturday afters?

What Shirt size are you ?

Oh and your neighbours just called 

Can you turn the record player down 

They are fed up of the "Moody Blues" 

Next door geddit?

And there is flouride in the water in a toilet so I was technically correct 

FFS 

Hands up everyone that has never said a racist comment in their life? Not saying what he did was right but there's some right angels on here. Just putting this out there... if you got recorded saying everything you'd said would you be able to get a season ticket at the club? He's a muppet, no doubt, but I imagine there's a few comments put on here by folk who have said/ chanted just as bad

10 hours ago, cross owl said:

I have heard it sang once for about five seconds in over fifteen years . Where do they sing it ? Didnt even realise it was still sung . I'm on the kop and stunningly enough I heard it in the south after the beam back years ago . 

I remember about 15 years ago at Bradford it seemed like the entire away end was singing it (not everyone but you know what I mean) thankfully this kind of thing has nearly gone 

31 minutes ago, ruscol85 said:

Hands up everyone that has never said a racist comment in their life? Not saying what he did was right but there's some right angels on here. Just putting this out there... if you got recorded saying everything you'd said would you be able to get a season ticket at the club? He's a muppet, no doubt, but I imagine there's a few comments put on here by folk who have said/ chanted just as bad

Even so it's not something you'd sing in public in this day and age whether you were racist or not !

5 hours ago, Wednesday Fan said:

He should have gone down! It’s the other innocent commuters who suffer when brainless idiots like him get on public transport. He should be ashamed

Because our prisons aren’t full enough are they... if we started locking people up for low level, petty crime like this there’d be chaos in our prisons... sorry, there already is.

He’s done wrong, been caught and paid the price. It’s not exactly the crime of the century. Let’s not all jump on the bandwagon like we’re all perfectly innocent, law abiding citizens because I guarantee each and every one of you have broke the law no matter how minor at some stage in your lives, like going over the speed limit. 

To try put it into context, the word he used, I heard a few times on Only Fools and Horses a while back. 

You’d think he’s Peter Sutcliffe going by the reaction of some on here.

Edited by robowl4life

3 hours ago, robowl4life said:

Because our prisons aren’t full enough are they... if we started locking people up for low level, petty crime like this there’d be chaos in our prisons... sorry, there already is.

He’s done wrong, been caught and paid the price. It’s not exactly the crime of the century. Let’s not all jump on the bandwagon like we’re all perfectly innocent, law abiding citizens because I guarantee each and every one of you have broke the law no matter how minor at some stage in your lives, like going over the speed limit. 

To try put it into context, the word he used, I heard a few times on Only Fools and Horses a while back. 

If I was caught doing something like this I would be sacked from my job and never work for that employer ever again. Wednesday are only doing what's right. He got what was coming to him frankly - how anyone can seek to justify it or try and excuse it or use weasel words about it is beyond me. 

Edited by rickygoo

3 hours ago, robowl4life said:

Spot on.

If every Wednesday fan who had done something like this in the past was banned for life there would be a lot more empty seats at Hillsborough.

Not that long ago here in Oz there was a headline on the back page of a daily paper that read "The Pakis are coming" in reference to the Pakistani cricket team arriving shortly, in a TV ad it sang…. ‘the Paki’s & Windies are coming, come on Aussie come on’… no one was offended, it wasn't considered racist or abusive....then PC arrived & guess what.

I might be old school but I've never thought of 'Paki' as being racist, to me it's the same as Pommie, Kiwi, Yank...I get called a Pommie poopydoo on a regular basis, I've never felt like it was racist or an abusive term, in fact the opposite is true.

You know you can't even say Baa Baa Black sheep anymore over here, maybe same back home now I don't know but it does my nut in....the script for the not yet produced new Dam Busters movie has been hotly discussed because the do gooders want Gibson's dog N_gg_r to be called something else as it might upset some people, Digger I think they want to call it ffs….who are these people offended by such things & why are they listened to….I think I know what Tarantino might tell em.

None of the above excuses what the bloke in the OP was doing(context), I’m just saying the word ‘Paki’ in itself shouldn’t always be looked on as being racist which I believe it is these days.

Edited by qantas

Reasonable point but in the UK it has a more insulting tone to its use hence why it's not acceptable language.

I can relate to Asteener on this - as we are roughly from the same era. It is hard to explain but racism and racist words were everywhere. On TV, the media, school playground, home and the football terrace was part of that world. I can't be the only person who has parents who would still refer to the local convenience store as something else unless corrected. I can readily recall monkey chants on the Kop in the early 80's. As a stupid teenager I probably joined in. Clearly nothing to be proud of but a symptom of growing up in a north Sheffield suburb and attending a school that was 99.99% white.

The world does move on rightly so but it did via education and indeed peer pressure. And that is the only issue I have the immediate reaction in football is always to issue a lifetime ban. No offer of education, no 2nd chance - banned. Can you imagine if you were banned for life from driving for being caught doing 32mph in a 30 zone. 

Football fans are treated in a different way to all other sections of society and that is inherently unfair

22 minutes ago, Steevo said:

Agreed. 

But doesn't football have double standards. 

This chap gets a ban but players who are rapists, thugs, fraudsters, drunk drivers, all get welcomed back with open arms and a big cheque. 

Yes it does

Amazing how that works if the player is worth £5m on the balance sheet 

6 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I remember that day too I believe we won and it was classed as a good day.How times have changed ! 

They have to a degree, but you'd be amazed at the remaining undercurrent of racism everywhere and much of it 'innocent'.

I speak to many people both socially and through my business who still call black people coloured and think that this is the pc way of referring to non white people :wacko:

Like a black friend of mine once said, "i'm black, not purple and yellow"

Anyway, hands up anybody who has had a nice chinky recently? :ph34r:

I need you to be honest!

35 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

They have to a degree, but you'd be amazed at the remaining undercurrent of racism everywhere and much of it 'innocent'.

I speak to many people both socially and through my business who still call black people coloured and think that this is the pc way of referring to non white people :wacko:

Like a black friend of mine once said, "i'm black, not purple and yellow"

Anyway, hands up anybody who has had a nice chinky recently? :ph34r:

I need you to be honest!

Stevie Wonder answer to a reporter who asked him if he ever wished that he hadn’t been born blind.

”Hey, it could’ve been much worse - I could have been born black”.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, robowl4life said:

Don’t think you can in any way compare this buffoon to the Yorkshire Ripper!!! But I’ll definitely have a pint of what you’ve been drinking mate. Up the Owls