Sheffield Wednesday fan banned for life for racism

13 minutes ago, Baggiehy said:

The police have had a visual database since 2009 Facial recognition software pick people out then arrested at a later date

He'sbeen banned from by Wednesday from attending matches not by the courts.  So legally he can go to the games I would have thought.  It's a private matter between Wednesday and the fan in question.

38 minutes ago, Moaty78 said:

Why what would you do

Put out words that says anyone found to be passing on their details or tickets for banned supporters can expect sanctions of their own

I’m not condoning this idiot’s actions, but since the PC brigade has taken over the world nobody is safe. My mate of many years is a very tall, well built, and super intelligent Afro Caribbean guy, now in his 60’s. My nickname for him is ‘chalky’, he refers to me as ‘honky’, guess which of us hs been accused of racism?  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Watson said:

He'sbeen banned from by Wednesday from attending matches not by the courts.  So legally he can go to the games I would have thought.  It's a private matter between Wednesday and the fan in question.

I presume he was arrested. police will have a mugshot all the club has to do is give them their address and it's a mouse click

10 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Only retrospectively 

How?.....

I buy an extra ticket for a mate..on me season ticket....Me mate doesn't turn up..So I say i GAVE it to a bloke on Penistone....What with me actually forgetting to bring me racist/owls fans photofit booklet, I unwittingly give him the ticket....So sue me?

4 hours ago, LiamAP22D said:

Tell you what lads and lasses... you lot ain't half Angels on here.

Far, Far worse things happening in the world with far less outrage surrounding them.

Racism is wrong we know that, but there's far worse 'scum' walking the streets than this guy.

So, is it like a contest, like Bake-off?

'Scum-Off'.

I like that.

We could have simpletons from every league team competing with each other.

Bit like The Darwin Award, but with added hate.

13 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

I’m not condoning this idiot’s actions, but since the PC brigade has taken over the world nobody is safe. My mate of many years is a very tall, well built, and super intelligent Afro Caribbean guy, now in his 60’s. My nickname for him is ‘chalky’, he refers to me as ‘honky’, guess which of us hs been accused of racism?  

Hooray!  We've had to wait five pages, a little surprisingly, but here it is.  Or rather here they are, the PC brigade, riding around in the rainbow coloured engines.  You can't say anything these days.  I would have marked this down for not using "gone mad" but "taken over the world", literally a thing that has happened, is way better.

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

How?.....

I buy an extra ticket for a mate..on me season ticket....Me mate doesn't turn up..So I say i GAVE it to a bloke on Penistone....What with me actually forgetting to bring me racist/owls fans photofit booklet, I unwittingly give him the ticket....So sue me?

Personally prefer to see away tickets being used only by the registered fan anyway, that would then sort that and prevent people from queue jumping for away tickets 

Just now, asteener1867 said:

How?.....

You buy the ticket you risk a ban. Fun fact of coming from a family of lawyer and coppers it's retrospective but carries a custodial sentence

1 minute ago, Baggiehy said:

You buy the ticket you risk a ban. Fun fact of coming from a family of lawyer and coppers it's retrospective but carries a custodial sentence

I doubt you would get a custodial sentence for buying a ticket for a fan who had comitted an offence that hadn't carried a custodial sentence Baggs...but show me an example of that happening and I'll bow to yer family knowledge lol

• Haha 2

Just now, asteener1867 said:

I doubt you would get a custodial sentence for buying a ticket for a fan who had comitted an offence that hadn't carried a custodial sentence Baggs...but show me an example of that happening and I'll bow to yer family knowledge lol

No but you do get a ban. you're photographed roughly 75 per  day by cctv. They're likely to have your face on matchday. Plus if you know he's banned they can lean on him to get to you