Sheffield Wednesday fan banned for life for racism

14 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

good riddance 

its funny when they come out with lame asss excuses like I didn't realise it was racist ,was just banter 

its like caught robbing a bank at gunpointand saying I was just after the elastic bands

Yep..singin' on a train is exactly the same as walkin' around with a gun...Its how the Sundance kid did it...walked straight up to the carriage holding the bullion an' said...

"If you don't hand it over I'm gonna launch into "Bye Bye American pie"

• Haha 5

Just now, stevewhiterose said:

Well done Wednesday. On another note, I just wonder how these bans are actually enforced. 

Suppose its simple enough if he's a season ticket holder....it doesn't debar him from walking up though..but he's paying again, so I suppose its a bit like a fine...If he simply walks up..A mate gets his ticket and I can't remember seeing many "Wanted" posters on the Turnstiles

Just now, steveger said:

if hes as thick as shyte (he seems to be) and  he applies for a season ticket or ticket in his own name then gets refused, that'll stop him

knowing Wednesday they'll give him a job as international scout in  asia

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Suppose its simple enough if he's a season ticket holder....it doesn't debar him from walking up though..but he's paying again, so I suppose its a bit like a fine...If he simply walks up..A mate gets his ticket and I can't remember seeing many "Wanted" posters on the Turnstiles

all been plastered over with the missing posters for Abdi,Matias and Venancio

6 minutes ago, Watson said:

Will it affect him from traveling away?

The police have had a visual database since 2009 Facial recognition software pick people out then arrested at a later date

Edited by Guest

Just now, Ryan the owl said:

People questioning how these bans get policed.

I'd have thought it would be similar to when England play away and banned lads have to hand their passports in, maybe the person has to report to the police station at the kick off time?

I'd have thought it's along them lines. 

Just the club thats banned him mate, not the courts..

1 minute ago, Baggiehy said:

The police have had a visual database since 2009 Facial recognition software pick people out

WEdnesday have that ive heard.....Well its coming..we sourced it out to an Australian face recognition company...

F..reemantle

A.....ustralian

K.ite finder

E.......mporium

7 hours ago, cross owl said:

I have heard it sang once for about five seconds in over fifteen years . Where do they sing it ? Didnt even realise it was still sung . I'm on the kop and stunningly enough I heard it in the south after the beam back years ago . 

7 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

To be fair I have not heard it at a match for over a decade.

Oh, and anyone using the word 'banter' as an excuse, mitigation etc wants the book throwing at them. 

There was a group of blokes singing it on the tube going to Wembley, me and my lad just turned to each other and cringed.

Although you're both right,  I've not heard it being sung at Hillsborough for years.