If not Carlos Carvalhal, Who?

10 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Where and when did he say this?

He said in a radio interview that he’s ready to return to management and would consider offers from the championship if it was right. However I’ve just read he’s ruled himself out the Leicester job and may only be interested in international football so it seems he’s sending mixed messages at the moment 

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

He said in a radio interview that he’s ready to return to management and would consider offers from the championship if it was right. However I’ve just read he’s ruled himself out the Leicester job and may only be interested in international football so it seems he’s sending mixed messages at the moment 

Leicester aren't a Championship club, not yet anyway :columbo:

49 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Top3 we aren't getting after that I'd take Hurst, Pardew, Lambert rest no interest. 

It's a big risk getting rid of Carlos as any new manager will more than likely want his own players which can take a while to bed in.

Would only take Hirst with the set up we were originally planning with Carlos ad a sort of director of football with cooper under him. Go with a strong experienced character to help him out. 

Got me though it would be lambert or heckingbottom. 

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

If you remember Carlos's appointment was a slightly bizarre one. 

Think he was meant to come in some sort of advisory role (with Mark Cooper as first team coach?) and then ended up becoming first team coach instead. 

Personally, I'd like to see someone such as Paul Heckingbottom who has done a great job at Barnsley and plays really nice attacking football. 

Paul Hurst is another young manager doing a stunning job ,and could be a good choice working under a director of football 

32 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

He also ruled himself out of the Scotland job as reported by Radio 5. It would appear that the only job he hasn't ruled himself out of is Sheffield Wednesday!

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Majority of Grimsby fans couldnt stand Hurst. Took him 6 years I believe to get out of the conference, for the money they spent on wages that was a crazy amount of time. Miserable, arrogant, stubborn and stuck in his ways where just a few words they often said about him. 

Sounds like the perfect combination!

29 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

He also ruled himself out of the Scotland job as reported by Radio 5. It would appear that the only job he hasn't ruled himself out of is Sheffield Wednesday!

But is he a client of Doyen Sports? If not he's got no chance!

The only name mentioned I think is realistic and I would be excited by is eckingbotom , young plays good football and as an eye for a player also think the reports of a takeover at Barnsley may make him weary of being replaced so may be easier to tempt 

But as with all managers it would be a gamble and still think we would end up with a foreign manager but with a better CV than Carlos 

7 hours ago, new zealand owl said:

Genuine question why have things gone so right at Shrewsbury do you think?

I guess sometimes things just click at a club. Bear in mind though that he had Grimsby riding high most seasons but they always fell away in the end or he failed to get players fired up for the games that really mattered. Perhaps he is a changed man now but I can only go on things I have seen and heard from friends that are Grimsby season ticket holders and unfortunately living in Grimsby in the past. 

31 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

So you'd be happy to give it to no marks,Gigs,Neville,and Phelan ?

I said some of the names mentioned on here. That includes Allardyce, Lambert, Moyes, Pearson, Pardew. All of which have achieved a lot more in English football than Carlos, and I would wager they understand what’s needed in the championship better now than carlos does too 

To answer your question, Giggs I would be alright with as people associated with Man Utd have said he’s got the attributes to be a good manager. But Neville has said he’d never manager again and Phelan was a silly suggestion 

10 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

I said some of the names mentioned on here. That includes Allardyce, Lambert, Moyes, Pearson, Pardew. All of which have achieved a lot more in English football than Carlos, and I would wager they understand what’s needed in the championship better now than carlos does too 

To answer your question, Giggs I would be alright with as people associated with Man Utd have said he’s got the attributes to be a good manager. But Neville has said he’d never manager again and Phelan was a silly suggestion 

I'd be pushed to choose any of those personally,but if i had a gun to my head it would be Pearson.

9 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

IMG_9841.GIF.7986c270a43a66b08db118308d2e5161.GIF

That was my exact reaction when I saw Carlos’s CV when he landed the Wednesday job.

12 clubs in 12 years and out of work for the 3 years prior to getting the job, take the Carlos blinkers off pal, there’s an argument to be had that every manager in the list I’ve just provided has a better track record than Carlos had when he came to Hillsborough.