If not Carlos Carvalhal, Who?

2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

This exactly ! Pardew would absolutely get the best from our talented squad.

What a load of gash. What evidence do you have to support such a comment. None. Your post was wrong on two counts

Would sort of love us to go for a lower league manager who's doing well at their club, instead of the has been, old fashioned managers who have failed at this level or who have been sacked from jobs in the premiership. There's plenty of up and coming, young, managers who are proving themselves in either our league or below. Dean Smith and Hecky to name 2 in the championship, and Paul Hurst and Paul Cook in league 1. I saw plenty of Chesterfield under Paul Cook when Wednesday weren't playing, and they were fantastic. He won them league 2 in his first full season then finished 6th in a tough league 1 the season after but played some wonderful stuff, and seems to be doing very well with Wigan at the moment, and obviously Hurst's story speaks for itself at Shrewsbury. But yeah, cant see us going down this route what so ever

5 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Would sort of love us to go for a lower league manager who's doing well at their club, instead of the has been, old fashioned managers who have failed at this level or who have been sacked from jobs in the premiership. There's plenty of up and coming, young, managers who are proving themselves in either our league or below. Dean Smith and Hecky to name 2 in the championship, and Paul Hurst and Paul Cook in league 1. I saw plenty of Chesterfield under Paul Cook when Wednesday weren't playing, and they were fantastic. He won them league 2 in his first full season then finished 6th in a tough league 1 the season after but played some wonderful stuff, and seems to be doing very well with Wigan at the moment, and obviously Hurst's story speaks for itself at Shrewsbury. But yeah, cant see us going down this route what so ever

Would like to see us give a young promising manager a chance and the two you mention are very able. If we do bring someone in from abroad I think it is essential we place a good young English/British coach along side them who knows the British league and has up to the minute knowledge so transfer system can be used to best effect. I do not mean someone like Bullen who was out of the game and basically appointed because he had been wholehearted player. If going abroad would prefer someone from Northern Europe (preferably Germany) as their football is the most similar in style to ours and good leagues where you can bring in talent. Think there is also a place for a Director of Football to ensure Head Coach does not become too powerful and can provide Chairman with sensible advice, at the moment I see one man having far too much influence and its not in a direction I want. A suugestion for this role would be Terry Burton who we know is a good coach and in other roles has shown has a good eye for talent.

5 minutes ago, Quist said:

Would like to see us give a young promising manager a chance and the two you mention are very able. If we do bring someone in from abroad I think it is essential we place a good young English/British coach along side them who knows the British league and has up to the minute knowledge so transfer system can be used to best effect. I do not mean someone like Bullen who was out of the game and basically appointed because he had been wholehearted player. If going abroad would prefer someone from Northern Europe (preferably Germany) as their football is the most similar in style to ours and good leagues where you can bring in talent. Think there is also a place for a Director of Football to ensure Head Coach does not become too powerful and can provide Chairman with sensible advice, at the moment I see one man having far too much influence and its not in a direction I want. A suugestion for this role would be Terry Burton who we know is a good coach and in other roles has shown has a good eye for talent.

My choice would be Cook. League 2 titles with Pompey and Chesterfield, league 1 semi final with Chesterfield and got head hunted by Wigan who are now challenging to return to the Championship.

33 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

My choice would be Cook. League 2 titles with Pompey and Chesterfield, league 1 semi final with Chesterfield and got head hunted by Wigan who are now challenging to return to the Championship.

I don't think Carlos will be going anywhere this season, if DC had any thoughts in that direction I think he would have gone by now. As others have said when we change it will probably another bazaar appointment by DC and his advisors, I bet most people given 1000 guesses wouldn't have come up with Carlos.

I do like the idea of Paul Cook, he has done the business at 3 different clubs, with the different issues that this brings. Quite often employing a manager with a track record of success at just one club doesn't work out. Differnt set up etc etc. A good example of this is Eddie Howe of Bournemouth, but there are latterly tons of managers who have failed at the second club after doing a great job at one club.

As I have said don't think for one second this type of manager would fit profile DC and his advisors are looking for.

2 hours ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

I really like the idea of Dean Smith or Paul Heckingbottom.

I know many have said that DC would end up going abroad again but weren't we very heavily linked with the guy at Swindon before Carlos came in? I can't remember his name but I'm sure in an interview after he'd been sacked, he said he could have got the Sheffield Wednesday job.

19 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I really like the idea of Dean Smith or Paul Heckingbottom.

I know many have said that DC would end up going abroad again but weren't we very heavily linked with the guy at Swindon before Carlos came in? I can't remember his name but I'm sure in an interview after he'd been sacked, he said he could have got the Sheffield Wednesday job.

Mark Cooper or something like that? We just need somebody who is proven in this country, and at a good age where his ideas will be fresh and imaginative. Dean Smith's side at Hillsborough the last two seasons has been very impressive, and Hecky does a good job on limited resources. But still, Paul Cook!

I think Hecky, but I like the lower league suggestions. Get a manager who is moving forward with recent success on their CV. It is working at other not to be named clubs,

I think getting a big name will be a disaster, in less than 12 months Owlstalk will be full of Pardew out after he has punched a linesman, kicked a fourth official in the nuts and then moonwalked down the tunnel. After signing Jason Puncheon and paying him 70k a week.

If Karanka then get ready for boring boring football.

only big name I kind of like is Lambert, like what he did in his previous roles. plays better football than others and can get promotions.

11 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

I think Hecky, but I like the lower league suggestions. Get a manager who is moving forward with recent success on their CV. It is working at other not to be named clubs,

I think getting a big name will be a disaster, in less than 12 months Owlstalk will be full of Pardew out after he has punched a linesman, kicked a fourth official in the nuts and then moonwalked down the tunnel. After signing Jason Puncheon and paying him 70k a week.

If Karanka then get ready for boring boring football.

only big name I kind of like is Lambert, like what he did in his previous roles. plays better football than others and can get promotions.

Don't let his failings at his last three clubs cloud your judgement, think he's cack to be honest. 

10 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Don't let his failings at his last three clubs cloud your judgement, think he's cack to be honest. 

I would go Hecky as all the big names have failed at their previous clubs, that's why they are available. Out of all the big name rejects i just like Lamberts style best, at wolves I believe he left because they went for the big name Portugal coach and had lots of money. he had some success there.

34 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Out of all the big name rejects i just like Lamberts style best, at wolves I believe he left because they went for the big name Portugal coach and had lots of money. he had some success there.

He managed to get them from a 19th placed finish to 15th in one season, hardly a ringing endorsement, no thanks not for me 

2 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

He managed to get them from a 19th placed finish to 15th in one season, hardly a ringing endorsement, no thanks not for me 

Fair enough, I want hecky or a coach on the up anyway. That and a director of football to sort out the recruitment.

7 hours ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

I was thinking the same last night mate . Either him or Hurst at Shrewsbury. 

On 22/10/2017 at 21:08, BuckhurstOwl said:

Who do you guys think could manage the above?

At the moment, Bleedin' Jar Jar Binks - I'm that p*ssed off with the current setup. Mind you, with the Gungan in charge the press conferences may make more sense!

:manager:

(I kid, I kid)