If not Carlos Carvalhal, Who?

Guest Theboylangers
1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Majority of Grimsby fans couldnt stand Hurst. Took him 6 years I believe to get out of the conference, for the money they spent on wages that was a crazy amount of time. Miserable, arrogant, stubborn and stuck in his ways where just a few words they often said about him. 

He'll be right up our street then? 

57 minutes ago, SiJ said:

If you remember Carlos's appointment was a slightly bizarre one. 

Think he was meant to come in some sort of advisory role (with Mark Cooper as first team coach?) and then ended up becoming first team coach instead. 

Personally, I'd like to see someone such as Paul Heckingbottom who has done a great job at Barnsley and plays really nice attacking football. 

Heckingbottom is a great shout and one I would be really happy with 

46 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Coleman 
Allardyce 
Pearson
Heckingbottom
Giggs
Keane
Hurst
Neville 
Pardew 
Lambert 

Moyes 

Agree with the majority of these names and that we need a no nonsense guy to get a grip of the squad and take no b*ll s**t. Following the example of Brighton and Burnley 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

I’ll answer sensibly because I’m bored even tho it’s a repeated thread. 

Basically i’d want anyone British who may understand English football’s demands better and who can motivate players. Such as 

Coleman 
Allardyce 
Pearson
Heckingbottom
Giggs
Keane
Hurst
Neville 
Pardew 
Lambert 

Moyes

But as mentioned I expect it would be an obscure foreign name again 

Where's garymegson on that list.

I'm not sure that the Wednesday dug out at the moment is the place for someone who's cutting their teeth or a young manager in Under Armour trackie bottoms with his notepad an pencil.

Personally I'd like to see a Pardew or an Allardyce in there, big personality used to dealing with players on big money. Big Sam would have to leave little Sam at home though.

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Majority of Grimsby fans couldnt stand Hurst. Took him 6 years I believe to get out of the conference, for the money they spent on wages that was a crazy amount of time. Miserable, arrogant, stubborn and stuck in his ways where just a few words they often said about him. 

Genuine question why have things gone so right at Shrewsbury do you think?

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

I’ll answer sensibly because I’m bored even tho it’s a repeated thread. 

Basically i’d want anyone British who may understand English football’s demands better and who can motivate players. Such as 

Coleman 
Allardyce 
Pearson
Heckingbottom
Giggs
Keane
Hurst
Neville 
Pardew 
Lambert 

Moyes

But as mentioned I expect it would be an obscure foreign name again 

Top3 we aren't getting after that I'd take Hurst, Pardew, Lambert rest no interest. 

It's a big risk getting rid of Carlos as any new manager will more than likely want his own players which can take a while to bed in.

Before even choosing a name 

Chansiri needs to decide whether he wants a continental “coach” set up or a British “manager” set up,

How much power will Carlos replacement actually have?

iIf it’s restricted power then it means certain managers won’t be interested in that arrangement, it will shorten the list of realistic contenders.