If not Carlos Carvalhal, Who?

I don’t think it’s as much to do with the head coach as it is the recruitment, with BIG question marks around whether CC is truly involved with the latter. If I was Chansiri, I would be seriously looking into this area before I looked at replacing a capable head coach with some of the dross that is out there at the min. We do not have enough quality and game changers in depth and for me, therein lies the problem. If CC is fully involved with the recruitment they need to sack him off in that dept. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

15 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

That was my exact reaction when I saw Carlos’s CV when he landed the Wednesday job.

12 clubs in 12 years and out of work for the 3 years prior to getting the job, take the Carlos blinkers off pal, there’s an argument to be had that every manager in the list I’ve just provided has a better track record than Carlos had when he came to Hillsborough.

No arguments in the CV thing, I think most we're a bit sceptical, but his record here aint bad. Some are just expecting too much and bitter that sh!tty lower clubs Hull and Huddersfield got promoted instead of us. It's disgraceful, maybe we should march to Parliament ?

1 minute ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

No arguments in the CV thing, I think most we're a bit sceptical, but his record here aint bad. Some are just expecting too much and bitter that sh!tty lower clubs Hull and Huddersfield got promoted instead of us. It's disgraceful, maybe we should march to Parliament ?

No, some just think that given the significant financial investment made into the side and the wealth of attacking talent in the squad, we should be doing better than sat in the lower reaches of the table and struggling to score goals. His inability to get the best out of a striker with Rhodes goal scoring record at this level is comical.

You are not going to convince me that out of the names linked with this job, some of whom have a proven track record of getting sides promoted to the top flight, none of them could do a better job with this group of players than Carlos currently is.

I don’t think we have a devine right to be promoted but I think this group of players should be up there challenging and I don’t see what a match to parliament would achieve under these circumstances but if you want to arrange one, fill your boots pal.

15 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

No, some just think that given the significant financial investment made into the side and the wealth of attacking talent in the squad, we should be doing better than sat in the lower reaches of the table and struggling to score goals. His inability to get the best out of a striker with Rhodes goal scoring record at this level is comical.

You are not going to convince me that out of the names linked with this job, some of whom have a proven track record of getting sides promoted to the top flight, none of them could do a better job with this group of players than Carlos currently is.

I don’t think we have a devine right to be promoted but I think this group of players should be up there challenging and I don’t see what a match to parliament would achieve under these circumstances but if you want to arrange one, fill your boots pal.

I'm so excited and just can't wait for the

"Pardew had a dance"

"He's one of us, wasn't for long and he was a bit crap, Dean Smith he's one of us"

I'll not bother with songs for Big Nige and Big Sam cos they waint be coming. Same with that ginger bloke who struggled in the pub league.

2 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

I'm so excited and just can't wait for the

"Pardew had a dance"

"He's one of us, wasn't for long and he was a bit crap, Dean Smith he's one of us"

I'll not bother with songs for Big Nige and Big Sam cos they waint be coming. Same with that ginger bloke who struggled in the pub league.

So what you’re saying is the biggest negative in replacing Carlos with some of the names mentioned is you don’t think we could make good songs for them?

I think I can live with that if it means an end to the dire, mind numbingly boring football currently served up under Carlos.

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

So what you’re saying is the biggest negative in replacing Carlos with some of the names mentioned is you don’t think we could make good songs for them?

I think I can live with that if it means an end to the dire, mind numbingly boring football currently served up under Carlos.

Yeah that is exactly it  :ghoulguy:

The realistic possible replacements leave me, meh! There's talk of another unknown coming in, what would be the point of that? Some are on Carlos' back for that very reason... 

The current structure and set up will preclude a lot of managers coming here.

Imo we have a lot of issues that need sorting before the right environment is in place - only then can the sort of managers that can get the job done be installed. 

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

Koeman is now available :ph34r:

There’s not really any “exciting” candidates available but there often isn’t when the best managers have got jobs.

I think Pardew is a k*obh*ad but I’d still back him to sort our problems and make us a promotion team in this league.  Likewise with some of the others mentioned 

I like Carlos as a bloke but I’ve realised that like and respect are two different things and I want wednesday to be successful before I keel over 

20 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Koeman is now available :ph34r:

There’s not really any “exciting” candidates available but there often isn’t when the best managers have got jobs.

I think Pardew is a k*obh*ad but I’d still back him to sort our problems and make us a promotion team in this league.  Likewise with some of the others mentioned 

I like Carlos as a bloke but I’ve realised that like and respect are two different things and I want wednesday to be successful before I keel over 

How long do you have?  Been 25 years since we last won anything ..

Pardew has what it takes to do what’s needed here - problem is the current setup would not accommodate him. 

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

17 hours ago, BuckhurstOwl said:

Irrespective of whether people want Carlos as manager or not, the real question is who would be a realistic option who can work with the current squad and achieve promotion.

This is a real challenge for anyone who would come in. 

Who do you guys think could manage the above?

Domenico Tedesco or Hannes Wolf would be a huge coup in my opinion.  

Young German coaches who were never the best of players but have instead learned to become good managers and coaches. This is the kind of managers that will bring us success in the long-term.

1 hour ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Pardew has what it takes to do what’s needed here - problem is the current setup would not accommodate him. 

I’m in my 30’s so hopefully have a while yet tho you can’t even go to a leisure centre these days without running into trouble :wacko:

If Chansiri really wants success I’m hoping he won’t be stubborn and realises some things we are doing haven’t worked. But that seems a faint hope at the moment 

2 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

And therein lies the problem. No decent experienced British manager with a track record of getting teams out of this league will touch us. They simply will not work under the bizarre restraints and interference from above. Therefore, we either bring in another obscure unknown chap or leave CC to it to sort out over time. In my view we simply will not go up without an experienced manager being allowed to recruit and shape his team as he sees fit.

5 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

This exactly ! Pardew would absolutely get the best from our talented squad.