Sheffield Wednesday Chairman to answer questions publically

4 hours ago, jamsandwich said:

theyve not been very lucky for 15years

We'll in 40 years I've been watching em I think the stripes have done well and are iconic...

Could have easily ended up in old division 4...could have never in my lifetime been to Wemberley 4x...

Could have easily gone out of business and had to change our name...

And could have easily been as bad as our friends across the city but we ain't!!!UTO FTB...

I suppose its fair enough, but I don't particularly like the ID's only...There are questions to be asked about fans who can no longer afford to tip up, fans who can only make the odd game that renders membership unfeasible...Are fans with ID's going to address those questions?..doubt it, in the main.

The question regarding recruitment should be one worth reading though, should we get an answer

6 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

We'll in 40 years I've been watching em I think the stripes have done well and are iconic...

Could have easily ended up in old division 4...could have never in my lifetime been to Wemberley 4x...

Could have easily gone out of business and had to change our name...

And could have easily been as bad as our friends across the city but we ain't!!!UTO FTB...

I'm putting this post up as the best flounce ever. I challenge any owlstalker to better it.

I fully understand why MM paid off our debts at a very well negotiated price, I'm everlastingly grateful to him and for finding your good self to take us to the next level. However I'm curious as to what your reasons were to throw your money at SWFC, I'm biased and also dead chuffed to have a very wealthy owner, but why us, just an honest question?

7 minutes ago, happy bunny said:

I'm guessing its so that only genuine Wednesday fans are asking the questions

Oops, serves me right for not reading the whole thread but seriously, how many Wednesday fans who want to ask a question won't have an ID

Honestly don't see an issue with this request

5 minutes ago, happy bunny said:

I'm guessing its so that only genuine Wednesday fans are asking the questions

Because rival fans can't be a r s ed to write an email with a question. That would be too much trouble for them. They can write complaint letters to the CO-OP Bank regarding our reduction in debt repayment, and they can write stupid letters to Wycombe Wanderers begging them to beat us but they would never write a question in an email.

Just now, happy bunny said:

Oops, serves me right for not reading the whole thread but seriously, how many Wednesday fans who want to ask a question won't have an ID

Honestly don't see an issue with this request

There are many legitimate reasons why fans don’t have, can’t access or can’t remember an ID (including certain disabilities).

Plus, there is literally NO reason why an ID is needed to simply ask a question.

It is superfluous and unnecessarily standoffish and the requirement should be removed.

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

Because rival fans can't be a r s ed to write an email with a question. That would be too much trouble for them. They can write complaint letters to the CO-OP Bank regarding our reduction in debt repayment, and they can write stupid letters to Wycombe Wanderers begging them to beat us but they would never write a question in an email.

Largely, they don’t bother though, especially in volume. It just doesn’t happen like people seem to think it does. And - again - even if they did... so what?

Seriously. What difference would it make if a rival supporter did email in a question? Genuine question.

Just now, DeeJayOne said:

Largely, they don’t bother though, especially in volume. It just doesn’t happen like people seem to think it does. And - again - even if they did... so what?

Seriously. What difference would it make if a rival supporter did email in a question? Genuine question.

I guess that I have it in my mind that there are some people loopy enough to attach racist comments given the ethnicity of our Chairman. I fully understand that they will be filtered beforehand but things like that seem to stick. A bit like Twitter or Facebook abuse. It is all too easy to hide behind an anonymous username. It could happen, maybe it won't happen. But if it does happen, I hope that it is not turned back on the genuine supporters.

7 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I guess that I have it in my mind that there are some people loopy enough to attach racist comments given the ethnicity of our Chairman. I fully understand that they will be filtered beforehand but things like that seem to stick. A bit like Twitter or Facebook abuse. It is all too easy to hide behind an anonymous username. It could happen, maybe it won't happen. But if it does happen, I hope that it is not turned back on the genuine supporters.

I doubt it is the reason they ask for IDs, or that it actuallywould happen, but if it did... report any genuine racism and abuse to the police. It is attached to an email, which is an identifier in itself without the need for an ID (the club have more than 150,000 emails on record in their database, so anyone can be identified from that if they were that way inclined).

The club are potentially cutting off plenty of legitimate fans who don’t have an ID (or access to one) for the sake of someone who might send a silly email. It doesn’t add up and is disproportionate and unnecessary.

Just now, DeeJayOne said:

I doubt it is the reason they ask for IDs, or that it actuallywould happen, but if it did... report any genuine racism and abuse to the police. It is attached to an email, which is an identifier in itself without the need for an ID (the club have more than 150,000 emails on record in their database, so anyone can be identified from that if they were that way inclined).

The club are potentially cutting off plenty of legitimate fans who don’t have an ID (or access to one) for the sake of someone who might send a silly email. It doesn’t add up and is disproportionate and unnecessary.

Yeah OK, I have listed my concerns. I can see the benefits and possible risks involved. I hope it goes well and this sets up a genuine and beneficial path to communication between the supporters and the club. We'll just have to see what transpires!