Sheffield Wednesday Chairman to answer questions publically

I may be confused but I thought the idea was to send sensible questions to the attention of Chansiri. 

Are the questions on here or at least the sensible ones going to be sent to him ?

if so, could the poster record that the question has been sent so we can see which receive a response ?

thanks in advance 

2 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Clearly you didn't understand my point (or didn't want to) which is we do know how these owners treat there fans its in the public domain ......badly as I'm sure you know.

I clearly didn't understand - I thought the bit I quoted which was what you actually wrote was your point. The nuances escaped me.

lol

8 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

The requirement for ID numbers is entirely superfluous and completely against the spirit of being an 'open door'.

No it’s not - open door to Wednesdayites bit how else do you stop other supporters flinging in nonsensical questions. How else can you filter them out ?

Blunts amongst others would have field day:columbo:

Guest Copthorneowl
4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I clearly didn't understand - I thought the bit I quoted which was what you actually wrote was your point. The nuances escaped me.

lol

They weren't nuances Ricky, I'll assume you didn't read the next sentence in which I specifically quoted foreign managers names .......those who've been keen to walk all over their fans at times.:manager:

1 minute ago, Reallondonowl said:

No it’s not - open door to Wednesdayites bit how else do you stop other supporters flinging in nonsensical questions. How else can you filter them out ?

As stated earlier - rival fans just don't care enough to write an email with silly questions. And even if they did (which they generally won't), so what? And let's not forget that having an ID number doesn't stop anyone from sending an email anyway, so if rival fans want to email abuse (which they won't) then they can anyway. The ID number is superfluous.

Plus, it prevents legitimate fans without an ID number for legitimate reasons from participating.

2 minutes ago, Reallondonowl said:

But it's not an open forum free for all.

All questions will be vetted and carefully selected before the chairman gets anywhere near seeing them, let alone answering them.

And I can assure you, there will be plenty of nonsensical questions from our own fans that will need filtering.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

As stated earlier - rival fans just don't care enough to write an email with silly questions. And even if they did (which they generally won't), so what? And let's not forget that having an ID number doesn't stop anyone from sending an email anyway, so if rival fans want to email abuse (which they won't) then they can anyway. The ID number is superfluous.

Plus, it prevents legitimate fans without an ID number for legitimate reasons from participating.

Given the number of blunts taking time to post on here I would tend to disagree. If someone has a sensible question they are likely to know someone who has an ID who can ask it on their behalf.

Just now, Reallondonowl said:

Given the number of blunts taking time to post on here I would tend to disagree. If someone has a sensible question they are likely to know someone who has an ID who can ask it on their behalf.

It won't matter a bit.

Answers will be churned out to keep the masses happy.

21 minutes ago, Reallondonowl said:

Having worked at the club in the past I have a good grasp on just how much correspondence comes from rival fans in such situations. Trust me, the requirement for an ID is superfluous - especially considering it is an open email address that anyone wanting to send abuse to can just send it to anyway without the ID.

The ONLY reason for asking for IDs is to control responses, which is totally at odds with the ‘open door’ nature of the exercise and potentially inhibits many fans who for many legitimate reasons don’t have, or can’t access/remember their ID (including disabled supporters). People shouldn’t have to have to ask someone to do it for them.

And, again, if a rival fan does send in a question... so what?

Just now, DeeJayOne said:

Having worked at the club in the past I have a good grasp on just how much correspondence comes from rival fans in such situations. Trust me, the requirement for an ID is superfluous - especially considering it is an open email address that anyone wanting to send abuse to can just send it to anyway without the ID.

The ONLY reason for asking for IDs is to control responses, which is totally at odds with the ‘open door’ nature of the exercise and potentially inhibits many fans who for many legitimate reasons don’t have, or can’t access/remember their ID (including disabled supporters). People shouldn’t have to have to ask someone to do it for them.

And, again, if a rival fan does send in a question... so what?

I 100% agree with this 

The ID thing is completely unnecessary and should be scrapped immediately to allow free and open and INCLUSIVE input

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I 100% agree with this 

The ID thing is completely unnecessary and should be scrapped immediately to allow free and open and INCLUSIVE input

And for sake of clarity, I absolutely agree with the initiative of asking for direct feedback and responding publicly.

The ONLY thing I disagree with is the arbitrary and unnecessary requirement to include an ID.

6 minutes ago, Waddlesdiamondlights said:

I'd say most people have got an ID with the club and anybody who hasn't can ask a question via a friend as stated by the fella who worked for the club if its easy enough for other clubs fans to ask surely its just as easy for our fans

That isn’t the point though. People shouldn’t have to rely on a friend. What if someone wants to ask a question anonymously?

And whilst anyone can email, the club have indicated that they’ll only deal with ones including a client ID, which is superfluous anyway.

They should just drop that requirement and all is good.

2 hours ago, Dronowl66 said:

So the Chairman asks for questions to be submitted via the club and this thread is full of people issuing questions on Owlstalk ! and you wonder why he chooses to ignore fans opinions on here lol 

Neil wouldn't let him join Owlstalk so he has to have steering group meetings to express his opinions.