Sheffield Wednesday Chairman to answer questions publically

The Chairman of our club is offering to answer questions from fans about anything and everything. I applaud him for that. Very few Chairman in whichever league have been prepared to engage in this way. He wants to ask for IDs so he knows the questions are from bona fide Wednesdayites. Fair enough. I would do the same. To suggest this smacks of North Korea is both completely ridiculous and offensive to Chansiri. To those of you who want to do so anonymously or behind the cloak of an email that you can register on gmail today solely for the purpose of asking said question, can I suggest you grow some, seriously.....  

Man up, stand up straight for God's sake and ask a question! Simple as. If you prefer to be mardy and not submit a question but prefer to carry on slagging off our club on a whole range of subjects then stick to doing it on OT. Cannot see the drama about IDs at all. If you want to question what your hard-earned cash is being used for then demonstrate that you do actually contribute some hard-earned cash. How else can you do this other than quoting your ID number ?

3 hours ago, vulva said:

DC should employ Lee Strafford to sort out the commercial side of the club. He had his faults, but he knew how to connect the paying public with the football club. 

SCH, season ticket cards etc. 

Sticking the unemployed in the triangle...

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Dear Mr Chansiri

Thank you for the opportunity to ask a question

We've polled everyone on Owlstalk and decided on the question we'd like to ask

IS THERE ANY CAKEBALL LEFT? If so could we have a slice please?

Thanks

Everyone on Owlstalk

Who ate the ball cake?

58 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Except there are many legitimate reasons why someone doesn’t have, can’t access or can’t remember their ID, or don’t want or need an ID but have legitimate concerns, as mentioned previously in the thread, that you are choosing to ignore.

Plus, the ultimate question of WHY an ID is needed to ask a question through an open email medium?

As for the introduction point, you are providing your email address and surely starting your email with ‘Hi’ and ending it with your name? Again, no ID necessary.

And all of these legitimate reasons can easily be remedied.

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Why ? 

Does having an ID make you a Superior  supporter than someone without ? 

Ive been going to Hillsbro for over 40 years without any need for an ID . Its all getting a bit North Korea for me. 

Didn't you bother with either of our last 2 home games?

8 hours ago, SiJ said:

So...we’ve decided before we even see what happens that the whole thing is a cynical, hollow PR exercise with no merit?

Right? 

Yes I can tell you how it's gonna go down

1st question from a Mr Finlux " Hi your majesty, what is your favourite colour?"

2nd question from a Mr Daveyboy *Hello your Holyness it's a real pleasure. Errm what flavour crisps are your favourite?

3rd question from Big Rons Sovereign "If I was to buy you an Apple which kind would you like your Grace?"

4th question from Coopswfc76 "Please your wonderfulness could you tell me what car you drive?"

5th question from a Mr Farrell

DC = "Release the Hounds"

5 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

Let’s also consider that people will be sending an email. From their email address. Which is an identifier in itself. So why the need for IDs?

Maybe to prove they're Wednesday fans and not Blunts on the wind up.

To those moaning (hardly surprising) about non iD's, or want to be anonymous, if you have a genuine question ask it. He's hardly going to send the heavies round if he gets a question he doesn't like

1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

And all of these legitimate reasons can easily be remedied.

And the unnecessary barrier to asking legitimate questions can much more easily be remedied. 

5 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Maybe to prove they're Wednesday fans and not Blunts on the wind up.

Jesus, it’s like being on a roundabout with the circles we keep going round.

1) Rival fans just don’t care enough to do it. They just don’t. It doesn’t happen.

2) Even if they did send a question in (which they can do anyway because it is an open email address), so what?!

6 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

And the unnecessary barrier to asking legitimate questions can much more easily be remedied. 

Jesus, it’s like being on a roundabout with the circles we keep going round.

1) Rival fans just don’t care enough to do it. They just don’t. It doesn’t happen.

2) Even if they did send a question in (which they can do anyway because it is an open email address), so what?!

You're a bit touchy.

Have you ever thought of fixing the mic? 

Just read back a few pages on the thread and it's all a bit tetchy about having an ID.  Well irrespective of IDs, I hope questions are filtered, as in questions from those with highest TPPs will be answered first (for the avoidance of doubt this is not a serious post, just a poor attempt to inject some humour into the thread). 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

No but but we can all sleep well tonight 

Check out this lady sat upon you Costello ...

Babylons a plenty lol20171011_230722.thumb.jpg.bf2339c714abfe48818b9a0e04ded7bf.jpg

Wish i didnt use an ad - blocker now , i never saw that ad. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

No but but we can all sleep well tonight 

Check out this lady sat upon you Costello ...

Babylons a plenty lol20171011_230722.thumb.jpg.bf2339c714abfe48818b9a0e04ded7bf.jpg

Typical Owlstalk. Even the dodgy adverts have poor grammar.

Surely it should be 'who lives near you !' not 'which'.