Sheffield Wednesday Chairman to answer questions publically

13 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

OK, but that is the reason why I don't think this type of online Q & A setup will work. It will, if left open, be spammed by pigs and/or other rival clubs and some of the stuff they would post could be of a very objectionable nature. The reason that they would do it is to cause a further rift between the fanbase and the chairman. I think it would be best for him not to do this at all.

If I'm honest I don't think it's designed to "work", certainly not how people would like it to anyway.

While being an inclusive gesture, I'm afraid gesturing is all it is.

If what we are led to believe is true, and that the chairman micromanages everything from inside the club (including the work of extremely highly paid staff), then I don't think he's suddenly going to come clean and change course on the recommendations of Ethel from Worrall.

Call me cynical.

10 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

OK, but that is the reason why I don't think this type of online Q & A setup will work. It will, if left open, be spammed by pigs and/or other rival clubs and some of the stuff they would post could be of a very objectionable nature. The reason that they would do it is to cause a further rift between the fanbase and the chairman. I think it would be best for him not to do this at all.

I think you overestimate what rival fans will do. It just doesn't happen. And if it does, so what? What harm can openly answering a silly question from a rival fan do? It would actually make the chairman look much better and as open as possible whilst taking the moral high ground. They could even inject some humour into it to give our supporters a laugh.

Actually, I just thought about another subset of people who might have questions for our chairman from this - rival supporters who have genuine concerns about the ticket prices/food/facilities/experience/dealings with the club. They are still paying customers and still have as much right as a fully-ID'd supporter to have their questions answered.

The ID thing is unnecessary.

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Surely if it's a perfectly sensible question an Owls ID is irrelevant. And if it isn't a sensible question it won't be answered anyway. I genuinely don't see why an ID is needed. 

People have freedom to ignore or delete posts on Twitter. It does not stop the nutcases doing a great deal of harm posting certain comments. And when it does happen, it is usually the supporters of other clubs that cause the trouble. It is the difficulty with anonymous faces on social media. That is why I am against Chansiri doing this at all.

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Surely if it's a perfectly sensible question an Owls ID is irrelevant. And if it isn't a sensible question it won't be answered anyway. I genuinely don't see why an ID is needed. 

Probably to dissuade idiots from other clubs trying their luck. 

27 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Isn't that a necessity in this kind of project?

I have reservations and doubts this will go well as it is but it could have been a lot worse if it was left as a free for all. It would just end up an open invitations for fruitcakes that support rival clubs to pose as Wednesday fans and pose questions that might be of a racial or other equally dire nature. There would have to be moderation anyway but it for sure would be better that there is some form of pre-verification.

It makes sweet fa who poses questions and what their credentials are.

I'm frankly amazed that a good poster like you can't see what's happening here.

Just now, Costello 77 said:

It makes sweet fa who poses questions and what their credentials are.

I'm frankly amazed that a good poster like you can't see what's happening here.

I have no influence over the matter anyway. It is going to happen so I will be interested to see how it turn out. But I hope that, if some idiots post racist agenda questions purporting to be genuine Wednesday fans with a grievance, the powers that be can accept that there was always going to be a chance that could happen and do not start turning it back on the genuine supporters.

By the way - its also worth pointing out that it isn't gated. You don't have to provide an ID before sending your email.

If someone wants to send some abuse or something, then they just can anyway.

Providing an ID in the email as a requirement to be able to ask a question is just superfluous, controlling for the sake of it, bulls**t.

Edited by DeeJayOne

Just now, DeeJayOne said:

That just doesn't happen.

And even if it does - so what?

Why don’t you just say what you are thinking rather than hinting towards it. 

Do you really think the client ID thing is being done for untoward reasons? 

Are the club trying to identify the “troublemakers” or those who are somewhat militant, not towing the line etc? 

Will those people be banned from coming to Hillsborough. 

Just now, rickygoo said:

I'm sure there'll come a day when you climb out Chansiri's jacksie.

If you had actually been reading recently I’ve been very critical of the retail side of the club. 

You probably missed that as you were probably to far stuck up your own backside to notice. 

Admittedly, oh enlightened one, you only seem to come off your pedestal and start posting when there’s something to moan about. 

Funny that...

2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I have no influence over the matter anyway. It is going to happen so I will be interested to see how it turn out. But I hope that, if some idiots post racist agenda questions purporting to be genuine Wednesday fans with a grievance, the powers that be can accept that there was always going to be a chance that could happen and do not start turning it back on the genuine supporters.

The output will be what the owner wants you to see.

3 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

By the way - its also worth pointing out that it isn't gated. You don't have to provide an ID before sending your email.

If someone wants to send some abuse or something, then they just can anyway.

Providing an ID in the email as a requirement to be able to ask a question is just superfluous, controlling for the sake of it, bulls**t.

It is is but I think it’s done because they think it’ll be blades fans who send em in

lol

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Why don’t you just say what you are thinking rather than hinting towards it. 

Do you really think the client ID thing is being done for untoward reasons? 

Are the club trying to identify the “troublemakers” or those who are somewhat militant, not towing the line etc? 

Will those people be banned from coming to Hillsborough. 

If you had actually been reading recently I’ve been very critical of the retail side of the club. 

You probably missed that as you were probably to far stuck up your own backside to notice. 

Admittedly, oh enlightened one, you only seem to come off your pedestal and start posting when there’s something to moan about. 

Funny that...

And if you weren't so blinded by your pomposity you'd know I have advocated sticking with Carlos because of the good things he's done. The football side of things is pretty important after all. The rest is a mix of peculiar, worrying and a shambles.

I'm a busy man - I don't have time to spend all day on here - and I'm a bit sick of being instantly jumped on by people like er.....you, so my posts have been a bit limited and will continue to be so. 

Touche_turtle.jpg

3 hours ago, toppOwl said:

Current attendance levels and demand suggest otherwise.

Our attendance is nearly all season tickets.

Demand? There was hardly any home fans paying on the gate v Brentford or Leeds and we couldn't even sell out for the blunts.

The next generation of fans are being priced out and will go elsewhere.

Dear Mr Chansiri

I am 30 years old and have followed Sheffield Wednesday since a young boy, and am now in my 20th year of being a season ticket holder, and watch Sheffield Wednesday every week home and away. I have followed the club thorough some of the worst periods in the clubs history and am excited by the potential of what can be achieved with you at the helm.

Thank you for the opportunity of inviting questions from fans.

However, I, like many fans, feel that there are some current policies/strategies/issues that are holding the club back and in light of your invitation, I would therefore like you to answer the following questions:

Who supports you as Chairman with the footballing knowledge needed to run a football club, in respect of recruitment and who is currently available in the market place; the value of a particular player; contract negotiation etc. in place of the advisory 

committee which previously existed in 2015?

I am concerned that our transfer policy over the last 2 years has lacked a clear strategic direction which has resulted in a lot of last minute recruitment in areas of the squad that we do not need, and failing to address areas of the squad which are in obvious need of strengthening, paying inflated transfer fees and reportedly crippling wages.  

Are you satisfied with the quality regarding the commercial and corporate side of the football club and what work is being done to improve it?

I am sure I am not alone in saying that the current merchandise on offer in the Megastore is overpriced and very poor in quality. A good example of this being the 150th Anniversary Dream Scene; 150 pounds for a picture which has errors in the labelling of players, and I believe a poor design around the edge. 

The issues of the kit have been well documented and i won't go into this any further. However that leads me on to my next question...

Given the problems associated with our kit supplier during the summer, have suitable contracts been agreed now for next seasons kit launch to avoid these problems happening again?

I am fortunate in that I can afford to pay up front for a season ticket and watch football for a reasonable price. The people of Sheffield are on much lower wages as an average that the people of other northern cities such as Manchester of Leeds. There is an even greater disparity between the average wage of Sheffield and London. 

When considering your pricing structure for both match day tickets, club merchandise, and corporate hospitality, have you carried out any assessment of what the average Sheffield Wednesday fan earns?

Other football clubs around the country have offered free travel to fans for long distance away games, especially for mid week games, such as our game at Ipswich in November which is also on SKY. Have you ever considered subsiding coach travel for fans who attend these games mid-week who often sacrifice hours at work to support the club?

Thank you for taking inviting the opportunity for asking these questions and I look forward to your answers.

Regards

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It is is but I think it’s done because they think it’ll be blades fans who send em in

lol

It just doesn't happen. Rival fans don't give two craps about something like this. They certainly don't care enough to go to the lengths of crafting an email to send to the chairman. And even if they do (which they can do anyway without providing an ID, which makes it all the more bizarre), so what?!