Sheffield Wednesday Chairman to answer questions publically

11 hours ago, londonowl said:

Did anyone say they are not?

So is that the deal then? If you have a season ticket, you're alright. If you don't, f**k off you're only a part-timer anyway.

No not at all, but as stated before we are averaging 27,000 fans a game in the second division, the ticket prices aren't keeping fans away like some are making out. We can't expect the level of investment we've been given to come for free. 

20 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

No not at all, but as stated before we are averaging 27,000 fans a game in the second division, the ticket prices aren't keeping fans away like some are making out. We can't expect the level of investment we've been given to come for free. 

Who is asking for freebies?

2 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

I am not asking prices to be free or even £10 a match, I accept that would be unrealistic.

But really would like to hear someone explain why we are much more expensive then similar size clubs in the Championship like Derby, Forest and Wolves.  None of these have been in the Premier league in last 5 years so cant argue they have parachute payments.

27 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I am not asking prices to be free or even £10 a match, I accept that would be unrealistic.

But really would like to hear someone explain why we are much more expensive then similar size clubs in the Championship like Derby, Forest and Wolves.  None of these have been in the Premier league in last 5 years so cant argue they have parachute payments.

Perhaps a more pertinent question would be:

How can the club continue to justify charging some of, if not, the highest ticket prices outside the Premier League (often quoting FFP and budget reasons for doing so) and yet seemingly be willing to forego revenue from such basic commercial activities like selling football strips and stocking the club shop with merchandise?  

5 hours ago, The Coorong Owl said:

Sounds like a painful thing to do but I suppose he's just trying to do the right business thing as he would probably do at his fish business 

it isn't his fish business he is only a very minor shareholder