Sheffield Wednesday Chairman to answer questions publically

59 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

There are many legitimate reasons why fans don’t have, can’t access or can’t remember an ID (including certain disabilities).

Plus, there is literally NO reason why an ID is needed to simply ask a question.

It is superfluous and unnecessarily standoffish and the requirement should be removed.

He might be doing a prize draw for the best question

1 minute ago, Waddlesdiamondlights said:

He might be doing a prize draw for the best question

1st Prize: Limited Edition Watch, 2nd Prize: Team Shirt

Winning Question: "If I win the prize draw, when will I be able to receive the prize"?

:manager:

Pretty sure I haven't got an ID.

At the end of last season I emailed the club with a question for the chairman regarding what was the Wednesday Player and the possibility of the club doing both home and away match commentaries citing various reasons why Radio Sheffield wasn't ideal.Constantly going around the sheds being one. I even had the email translated in to Thai. Never got a reply.

1 hour ago, daleblue said:

Cant we have one question each on here, then can be narrowed down (people asking the same question), then put forward as questions from OWLSTALK, and submitted by 

Neil.

Thats an Idea...but if you were allowed just the 1 question, it would leave Neil wiv a problem....

It would have to go summatt like..

What is actually wrong with Stripes, bearing in mind how much we pay and where the new shirts are, and in passing why Jordan Rhodes?

1 hour ago, daleblue said:

Cant we have one question each on here, then can be narrowed down (people asking the same question), then put forward as questions from OWLSTALK, and submitted by 

Neil.

Dear Mr Chansiri

Thank you for the opportunity to ask a question

We've polled everyone on Owlstalk and decided on the question we'd like to ask

IS THERE ANY CAKEBALL LEFT? If so could we have a slice please?

Thanks

Everyone on Owlstalk

Owlstalk Shop

I don't get why people are getting so worked up about the ID thing. If i want to ask a question of somebody i don't know i'd have the decency to introduce myself first.

I'd also expect the same in return. 

I don't buy this no access to the ID, anyone serious about supporting this fine football club should have access to their ID very easily. If not has nobody learnt from Wembley?

Besides anybody that genuinely doesn't have one should probably get one, it's really easy too. If you can use e-mail you can manage that 

18 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

I don't get why people are getting so worked up about the ID thing. If i want to ask a question of somebody i don't know i'd have the decency to introduce myself first.

I don't buy this no access to the ID, anyone serious about supporting this fine football club should have access to their ID very easily. If not has nobody learnt from Wembley?

Besides anybody that genuinely doesn't have one should probably get one, it's really easy too. If you can use e-mail you can manage that 

Why ? 

Does having an ID make you a Superior  supporter than someone without ? 

Ive been going to Hillsbro for over 40 years without any need for an ID . Its all getting a bit North Korea for me. 

36 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Except there are many legitimate reasons why someone doesn’t have, can’t access or can’t remember their ID, or don’t want or need an ID but have legitimate concerns, as mentioned previously in the thread, that you are choosing to ignore.

Plus, the ultimate question of WHY an ID is needed to ask a question through an open email medium?

As for the introduction point, you are providing your email address and surely starting your email with ‘Hi’ and ending it with your name? Again, no ID necessary.

28 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Why ? 

Does having an ID make you a Superior  supporter than someone without ? 

Ive been going to Hillsbro for over 40 years without any need for an ID . Its all getting a bit North Korea for me. 

Never had a season ticket?  Not a foundation member?  I've had the same ID number for at least 24 years.  Can't see a problem misen.

16 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Never had a season ticket?  Not a foundation member?  I've had the same ID number for at least 24 years.  Can't see a problem misen.

so how does one find said ID number?

not bought anything from the shop for years last time was probably 30 years ago. Bought a sweat shirt that was supposed to be a large. Still waiting for them to send the tent poles :picnic:

• Haha 1