Sheffield Wednesday Chairman to answer questions publically

Dear Mr C 

How much have the boxes gone up year on year and how have the unit sales in terms of boxes faired up? Have they increased, maintained or decreased sales? Would you consider this a success?

Will you be keeping the kit the same as next year due the disaster around the availability of the kit this year? And can you assure the fans that all the correct research and diligence have been completed to ensure the kits will be available during preseason going forward? If not will you be taking the necessary steps for example using a more tried and tested route/ supplier again untill such confidence in delivering the availability of the kits to the fans even if this means a drop in profits. Placing customer expectations and satisfaction as a priority.

thats all,

keep up the good work

a generally happy owl

fpowl

While I appreciate it that the chairman wants to be seen to being transparent and open to scrutiny from fans, I'm not sure this kind of question and answer session will actually deliver any real insight.

I still think we will be told what he wants us to know and not what he doesn't.

Guest mrbluesky
9 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

While I appreciate it that the chairman wants to be seen to being transparent and open to scrutiny from fans, I'm not sure this kind of question and answer session will actually deliver any real insight.

I still think we will be told what he wants us to know and not what he doesn't.

This, he knows what most of the questions will be, so it will just be lip service.

What are Joe Palmers KPI's ?

How do you think he has performed against them ?

There are rumours that you micro manage the whole club. How do you respond to that ?

Who is responsible for the day to day running of the club bearing in mind you are often away for long periods ?

Have you had any influence whatsoever (financing aside) on deciding on any players we have signed ?

Why are our executive boxes empty ?

How do you think the celebrations for our anniversary have gone ?

If we don't get promoted again this season, what's your plan ?

Have you ever visited the club shop ? What do you think of it as a commercial operation ?

What are your long term goals ?

What are your plans to develop and improve an ageing stadium ? Have you considered a new stadium at any point ?

Have you got anything wrong since you've been at the club, and is there anything you would do differently with hindsight ?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield Wednesday’s open door policy [...] where possible and within reason [...] providing your official club ID number for verification purposes.

There's a slight contradiction in terms in these statements.

I can understand the 'where possible and within reason', that's fair enough. But what's with the Club ID number and verification bulls**t?

Dear Mr Chairman,

Do you think it's sad that fully grown men (often with MASSIVE bellies) want to pretend they are players and wear a "replica kit" at £55 a pop?  Is it even sadder if they buy the "full kit" - and - albeit in private, admire themselves in front of a full length mirror?  Do you do that, Mr Chairman?  If so, can I have a signed photo of you dressed in "full kit"?   ps- What was wrong with our stripes and do you secretly want to takeover Ipswich Town?

Yours, 

KentOwl.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DeeJayOne said:

I can understand the 'where possible and within reason', that's fair enough. But what's with the Club ID number and verification bulls**t?

Isn't that a necessity in this kind of project?

I have reservations and doubts this will go well as it is but it could have been a lot worse if it was left as a free for all. It would just end up an open invitations for fruitcakes that support rival clubs to pose as Wednesday fans and pose questions that might be of a racial or other equally dire nature. There would have to be moderation anyway but it for sure would be better that there is some form of pre-verification.

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

Isn't that a necessity in this kind of project?

I have reservations and doubts this will go well as it is but it could have been a lot worse if it was left as a free for all. It would just end up an open invitations for fruitcakes that support rival clubs to pose as Wednesday fans and pose questions that might be of a racial or other equally dire nature. There would have to be moderation anyway but it for sure would be better that there is some form of pre-verification.

No, it's totally unnecessary. Not every fan has an ID.

What if you're an overseas or faraway fan with a concern? Someone who always used to pay on the turnstile and never bought from the club shop? A potential fan who has never bought but has a question? Some disabled fans might not easily access their ID. A fan who has always had their tickets bought for them so don't have an ID? A business or sponsor who has a concern but doesn't have an ID? A local resident who has a concern but isn't necessarily a fan? Older supporters with difficulties accessing online or knowing their ID, etc, etc. There's numerous reasons behind the scenes that a fan might not have an ID.

You can't claim to be an 'open door' yet only allow access for those with an arbitrary identification scheme that you control.

11 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

so they can ban you after you ask a uncomfortable question...:ph34r:

1 minute ago, DeeJayOne said:

No, it's totally unnecessary. Not every fan has an ID.

What if you're an overseas or faraway fan with a concern? Someone who always used to pay on the turnstile and never bought from the club shop? A potential fan who has never bought but has a question? Some disabled fans might not easily access their ID. A fan who has always had their tickets bought for them so don't have an ID? A business or sponsor who has a concern but doesn't have an ID? A local resident who has a concern but isn't necessarily a fan? Older supporters with difficulties accessing online or knowing their ID, etc, etc. There's numerous reasons behind the scenes that a fan might not have an ID.

You can't claim to be an 'open door' yet only allow access for those with an arbitrary identification scheme that you control.

OK, but that is the reason why I don't think this type of online Q & A setup will work. It will, if left open, be spammed by pigs and/or other rival clubs and some of the stuff they would post could be of a very objectionable nature. The reason that they would do it is to cause a further rift between the fanbase and the chairman. I think it would be best for him not to do this at all.

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Large.jpg

As part of Sheffield Wednesday’s open door policy, the club are inviting supporters to send in questions publically answered by Dejphon Chansiri.

The Owls’ chairman hosts regular Steering Group Meetings together with open fans’ forums and is now extending the club’s communication policy across the board.

To that end, we are asking Wednesdayites to send in their questions on any given Owls subject that the chairman will answer, where possible and within reason.

Simply craft your question, together with providing your official club ID number for verification purposes, and send to website@swfc.co.uk

Mr Chansiri will endeavour to answer the most pertinent questions in an open and honest fashion.

No subject is off topic, however big or small, and we look forward to receiving your queries.

Over the course of the next week, we will collate your questions and the answers will be published in an extensive feature by the end of October.

What about people with no ID number  , arnt they Wednesdayites ? 

25 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

It’s pretty obvious why the club has done that. 

No doubt our resident crackpots will cry foul. 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It’s pretty obvious why the club has done that. 

No doubt our resident crackpots will cry foul. 

Surely if it's a perfectly sensible question an Owls ID is irrelevant. And if it isn't a sensible question it won't be answered anyway. I genuinely don't see why an ID is needed.