Prices

Club merchandise has always been very expensive, with little correlation to quality. Not much has changed in my 37 years supporting the club, remember my dad moaning about shirt prices when I asked for one as a kid.

We have a Premier League pricing model, problem is we are not in the Premier League. Can understand fans tolerating while challenging for promotion and how this disconnects when we have a season like this one.

tbf I can't complain too much with our pricing, it only affects me when I come to renew season ticket & buying a pint before game

both could be cheaper but it's my choice to pay it & I'm happy I do.

I can completely understand the frustration of fans who pay as they go & like to buy merchandise, all way too expensive.

1 hour ago, Bulldog said:

The ticket prices hasn't stopped "many people attending" Last year was the highest home average attendance for 17 years.This season the average is over 27k

That is above average at the minute with us playing pigs and Leeds , reckon it'll be more like 24/25k come the end of the season 

It isn't as if Mr Chansiri hasn't explained the rationale on several occasions. He has said that he needs supporters to help him invest to the maximum. What he means is that he needs supporters' money into the club. He's not going to get that by having small margins .Market pricing is not going to achieve what is needed. We should stop thinking about pricing in market terms and start thinking about it in terms of an investment in the team's development and the future. If we do get to, and sustain our membership of the premier league I am pretty sure that Mr Chansiri will reward fans with better prices providing that the funding of Premiership teams remains lucrative and that the big six don't get their way and take the lion's share of the TV money.

Think it all boils down to if we get promotion.

If Wednesday do get promotion the ticket prices have been justified, if not then the club has got it wrong.

What frustrates me if I get the impression we are now close to the FFP limit when we could have had a bit more leeway if our recruitment was a bit more thought out and better pruning of the squad.

Yes not every transfer will work out for a variety of reasons, more of an art then a science. But using Jordan Rhodes as the prime example was brought for a big transfer fee and wages to match without any it seems really thought if his style will match Wednesdays playing style.

Then the club turn around and ask the fans for more money in the form of a loan / 1867 scheme (with a plaque on the seat to make it legal).

You feel if the club doesn't get promotion this season then something else will be rolled out to extract more money from the supporters. Yes no one is holding a gun to anyone's head to purchase anything but does feel the club are exploiting fans loyalty a bit too much at times.

Not bought anything from club shop since 2008 so can't comment on merchandise and price range.

Ticket prices, Average attendance is up considerably since Chansiri took over - whether this is right or wrong it's pushing people to buy season tickets. Some will be happy and some won't.

Kit, shocking commercial activity as everyone knows and I'm sure Chansiri and the club are not happy as it is costing money and upsetting fans. I just wonder whether its too big a deal for the manufacturer - not a knock on them but they haven't been around long and may not have had the infrastructure to complete the turnaround as apparently it's the biggest deal in their short business. 

You cannot say the quality is worse than Sondico etc.... Until you have seen it close up, felt it, worn it and washed it. 

Chansiri does have a lot of work to do to find that fine balance. He's on a learning curve and i think maybe badly advised in some stuff. It wouldn't hurt him to give Mandaric a call regarding certain aspects. 

Given the often mentioned concern regarding staying within the Financial Fair Play rules I doubt very much the club is making a profit therefore it isn't money grabbing and it could be argued that it isn't charging enough.

I don't understand all the angst regarding shirts as clubs have always charged over the odds for these, changed them often to encourage repeat purchases and style has always been a matter of personal opinion. You don't have to wear the latest version or buy every version. As far as the misadventure that is the current change of supplier the club has explained what has happened and apologised. My growing son wanted a new shirt last season but I said wait as I didn't like the style of the shirt, I will be getting this year's because I like it. My son is waiting patiently and as far as I can tell he is not suffering any ill effects.

Having watched Wednesday since the old third division days and had a season ticket since we dropped out of the Premiership I have seen football of varying quality and have to say I have enjoyed Stuart Gray putting some fight into the team, being competitive at the top end of the table under CC and not having our best players picked off by other teams. What badges, broaches, scarves socks and place mats are available in the club shop does NOT really affect my match day experience.

Edited by Day before Thursday
missing word

Whilst I can understand POTG match day pricing (and do think they are ridiculous), I do sometimes think supporters have given th club license to charge what they like. Why aren't people staying away? For example last season, the Fulham game was almost a sell out I paid £42, United game (on sky) £49 and a game at Wembley where we could have sold out allocation twice over was around £45 (I can't remember exactly). 

What is the point in all this out cry if people in large numbers are still prepared to pay excessive prices? 

Its the same same with the shirts, the prices for a kids kit last season was disgusting £85 but the club tell us we sold them in record numbers? 

I really don't see how the fan base can complain if we are then prepared to pay it? 

12 minutes ago, David1867 said:

Whilst I can understand POTG match day pricing (and do think they are ridiculous), I do sometimes think supporters have given th club license to charge what they like. Why aren't people staying away? For example last season, the Fulham game was almost a sell out I paid £42, United game (on sky) £49 and a game at Wembley where we could have sold out allocation twice over was around £45 (I can't remember exactly). 

What is the point in all this out cry if people in large numbers are still prepared to pay excessive prices? 

Its the same same with the shirts, the prices for a kids kit last season was disgusting £85 but the club tell us we sold them in record numbers? 

I really don't see how the fan base can complain if we are then prepared to pay it? 

I take the point that if people continue to pay for high ticket prices, replica kits etc. then the club will carry on charging these prices.

But I cant help feel the club are pushing supporters loyalty to the limit, basically it feels like the supporters are being exploited.

Also when charging high prices then people can not complain if the supporters are very demanding. 

Edited by matthefish2002