Prices

Disclaimer: this will end up being a rant 

Sheffield Wednesday fans are loyal, passionate and mad about the club they support

On the field, the team is doing OK/well - achieving the playoffs in consecutive seasons

Off the field, things are entirely different and that has been heavily discussed on this very forum over the past few days

But what it really boils down to me, and this issue really does truly boil my wee wee, is how much everything costs

The ticket prices have made many stop regularly attending - but, I can see why it's happening 

But its the rest of the stuff that has increased in price which is the issue

Corporate boxes are disgracefully expensive now and logging on to the club shop online opens an entirely new barrel of worms

Club towel = £20

Club scarf = £12

Club 150th medal = £20

Two books = £35

Last years home kit = £55

Track jacket = £50

All of the prices are EXPENSIVE. And when you compare them to competitors - who are built to a higher standard And quality - it gets even more shocking

What it all strikes me as is the club taking the wee wee out of the fans because they know they'll pay

Personally I'm sad about the current state of the club. We arent a friendly, fan based club anymore. The owners dont give two hoots about the average fan, it's all about making more money

The best example of this is the new kits

Taken to a factory in another country to cut costs 

To make more money

The new kits will be of a lower quality but will be £60+ 

It's a shame, because on the field it's great. But off it, I dont remember a time where I've felt more disillusioned with Sheffield Wednesday 

Chansiri has come in and done what every fan wants and make us good on the pitch - but off the pitch we are an absolute state. 

It really is a sad time to be an Owls fan, in our 150th anniversary year too

• Like 1

The thing is if you look at the price of our shirt compared to USA sports teams it's cheap. Even Spanish teams shirts are more expensive than ours 

Yes we're only a championship side, but we have a choice to buy this stuff or not. 

Note - this doesn't mean the shirt farce is acceptable. It's not.

FFP clearly doesn't help fans. But lets be honest, the elite football powers don't really care about that. 

Edited by WhiteOwl91

16 minutes ago, MOwl said:

Sheffield Wednesday fans are loyal, passionate and mad about the club they support

On the field, the team is doing OK/well - achieving the playoffs in consecutive seasons

Off the field, things are entirely different and that has been heavily discussed on this very forum over the past few days

But what it really boils down to me, and this issue really does truly boil my wee wee, is how much everything costs

The ticket prices have made many stop regularly attending - but, I can see why it's happening 

Corporate boxes are disgracefully expensive now and logging on to the club shop online opens an entirely new barrel of worms

Club towel = £20

Club scarf = £12

Club 150th medal = £20

Two books = £35

Track jacket = £50

All of the prices are EXPENSIVE. And when you compare them to competitors - who are built to a higher standard And quality - it gets even more shocking

What it all strikes me as is the club taking the wee wee out of the fans because they know they'll pay

Personally I'm sad about the current state of the club. We arent a friendly, fan based club anymore. The owners dont give two hoots about the average fan, it's all about making more money

To make more money

It's a shame, because on the field it's great. But off it, I dont remember a time where I've felt more disillusioned with Sheffield Wednesday 

Chansiri has come in and done what every fan wants and make us good on the pitch - but off the pitch we are an absolute state. 

You have a choice to buy it or not, nobody is forcing you. 

The amount of moaning and bitching on here makes you wonder whether some are really Owls

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not going to justify those prices because they are simply crazy and not reflective of the area's financial standing - it makes me sick

However, I'm led to believe our non-matchday revenue funds are terrible and therefore until we either sort ourselves out properly similar to Derby, Leeds, Wolves (i.e. proper club shop, conference facilities, etc etc) we will always be lagging behind.

We need some big changes moving forward to financially compete and I for one would not be against moving grounds if it meant we were competitive on and off the pitch - neg away

1 minute ago, meggoisgod said:

I'm not going to justify those prices because they are simply crazy and not reflective of the area's financial standing - it makes me sick

However, I'm led to believe our non-matchday revenue funds are terrible and therefore until we either sort ourselves out properly similar to Derby, Leeds, Wolves (i.e. proper club shop, conference facilities, etc etc) we will always be lagging behind.

We need some big changes moving forward to financially compete and I for one would not be against moving grounds if it meant we were competitive on and off the pitch - neg away

The last bit is why I would be pro moving grounds . Having said that , surely you make the best of what you have in the mean time 

4 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

When did Leeds and Wolves move grounds? 

• Thanks 1

Actually the kit is better quality than last years

Also you say our merchandise is priced much higher than others but have presented anything to substantiate this claim

5 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Actually the kit is better quality than last years

Also you say our merchandise is priced much higher than others but have presented anything to substantiate this claim

I bought some SWFC balloons from the hyperstore and I can tell you that they've definitely gone up.

Inflation.

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, MOwl said:

Club towel = £20

Club scarf = £12

Club 150th medal = £20

Two books = £35

Track jacket = £50

To make more money

My wife and I went to the war museum at Duxford yesterday, the entrance fee was £14.50 per person, which was excellent value for money for the amazing range of exhibits on display.

The price of goods on sale was a different matter altogether. i.e. my wife bought an oven glove with a victory logo on it, price £15.  It would have been overpriced at a fiver. They were offering Irvin flying jackets for £795 which can be bought elsewhere for about £475.

Does this remind you of anywhere?  The world's gone mad.

1 hour ago, MOwl said:

Club towel = £20

Club scarf = £12

Club 150th medal = £20

Two books = £35

Track jacket = £50

To make more money

Club shop merchandise is always over priced wherever you go. 

The thing that stops me going off my head about all of the off the field issues is that the money is being spent on quality players. 

And I think that's what everybody needs to bear in mind before they do rant about it is that we are trying to pay for the quality we have on the pitch with all this.

This is not a chairman just trying to rinse the fans because he knows he can.

37 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Our club shop is like a service station at the minute.

Our club shop and overall merchandising has always been incredibly poor.

I don't get it football merchandising is big business and we don't seem to give a rats behind about it

I am staggered that our chairman who is a successful business man has done nowt about it. You would think the image of the club is paramount in promoting us around the world.

It's a total embarrassment , i am amazed NO one has bothered to change things, it's a joke and we are a laughing stock.

Edited by Big Jack

Guest Deleted member

I can't remember the last purchase I made from the club shop. I think it might have been a scarf about 5 years ago - and that was only because I was bored as I'd arrived for a coach to an away game about an hour too early

Purchases from the shop are optional. Vote with your wallet. Don't buy. Nobody is forcing anybody to buy anything.

There are literally thousands of places you can buy merchandise associated with the club from these days - on the internet. Buy from there. I have  mate who knocks out sweathsirts at a much higher quality than you can buy in the club shop at £20 a time - with an embroidered badge on. Its warm, great quality and isnt in some of the cheap and tacky range of colours you can get in the shop.

Stop worrying about the merchandise. The chairman clearly doesn't give a f*** if anybody is buying from there.

Ticket prices on the other hand - aren't optional if you want to watch Wednesday.