Best Sheffield Wednesday Kits Ever

5 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Think it's unanimous that it has to be blue and white stripedress shirts and black shorts at home, Yellow shirt Blue shorts away and a return to the proper badge.

I like the kits, then again I like this season's kit...first seven years I can remember watching us we wore the blue body white sleeves....seemed normal to me & it seems like Wednesday now we've got it back.

Took me a full season to come around to stripes & if I had to pick one shirt to wear from now on it would be stripes but I love the old one....last season's did nothing for me, same goes for thin blue stripes & that really broad white stripe, christ we've had some bad kits....also has to be black shorts & white socks(if stripes), or blue socks with white top, hoops are ok for a change.

As for the badge, the simplistic owl we've just got rid of didn't thrill me, although I got used to it, I could never call it the 'proper' badge.

Also I think we should play in the 'home' strip away unless there's a clash, can't stand having to wear the away kit just because we are away.

Edited by qantas

I still think that one of these designs could have been a really memorable SWFC shirt.

I know I’m biased but I thought it would have been a great way to commemorate the 150th anniversary. It’s really not that difficult to have names printed on football shirts, many clubs have done it before.

I know some people don’t like the design, one of you kind souls previously compared it to a war memorial! Of course some of the names are controversial too, but you try picking 150 of the best players from our history!

Anyway, with the club unable to organize the manufacture of any of the current kits, it could sadly mean that Karl’s 150th kit won’t get made after all?! Pathetic really, but what can we do!

The 3rd CWL.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 07:40, hirstyno9 said:

I’d say either of these would be perfect SWFC kits. Simple and classic, no sponsor, just an old umbro logo alongside a club badge.

swfc shirts classic.jpg

Number 2 with black shorts and black socks would just scream "Sheffield Wednesday"

On 11/10/2017 at 08:04, hirstyno9 said:

I still think that one of these designs could have been a really memorable SWFC shirt.

I know I’m biased but I thought it would have been a great way to commemorate the 150th anniversary. It’s really not that difficult to have names printed on football shirts, many clubs have done it before.

I know some people don’t like the design, one of you kind souls previously compared it to a war memorial! Of course some of the names are controversial too, but you try picking 150 of the best players from our history!

Anyway, with the club unable to organize the manufacture of any of the current kits, it could sadly mean that Karl’s 150th kit won’t get made after all?! Pathetic really, but what can we do!

The 3rd CWL.jpg

This was my fav design, I like the third kit in white and gold that got picked I just think this offered more uniqueness and a certain "never to be repeated" feel. 

A true one off shirt. 

I just don't understand why Mr C has this thing about stripes. Isn't he aware that every time we have won a major trophy (League Title, FA Cup, League Cup) it has been in stripes. Every single promotion we have won was done so wearing stripes. Every time we played in Europe was in a season where we wore stripes.

He claims to have this huge respect for the history and traditions of the club yet puts us in a kit that during the 7 years we wore it resulted in becoming the first club in history to lose the FA Cup final after having a two goal lead and the onset of the worst football period in our entire history. I think that the Arsenal style kit is an unlucky one and needs to be ditched asap. Here is what I would replace it with:

sheffield-wednesday-paolo-di-canio-8428221.jpg

The only things I'd alter would be the badge (old 70's/80's motif for me) and the socks which would be from the c 1910 home kit. Other than that perfect!

Edited by Utah Owl
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/10/2017 at 18:38, Donny.Owl said:

Funnily enough, I found the shirt you mention yesterday.

Was looking for something and went into the deep dark depths of the spare room cupboard. Didn't find what I was looking for, but found my 2010 Away shirt.

I took it out and put it in the wash.

My Missus saw it and said "you bought a new football shirt?"

I explained it was 7 years old and where I'd found it.

She doesn't believe me!

I even Googled it and showed her a pic from 2010.

She's having none of it, and I'm in trouble for spending money again! WTF:

thats because that's a common ruse by women to hide new dresses mate 

'What this old thing? I've had it ages' :columbo:

On 12/10/2017 at 21:48, steelowl said:

thats because that's a common ruse by women to hide new dresses mate 

'What this old thing? I've had it ages' :columbo:

Don’t get me started on bloody dresses , just got the other half to have a clear out , over 100 went on eBay. 

I get moaned at for not buying enough new clothes.