Hooper - Waste of a Shirt...

3 hours ago, Binky Griptite said:

...In the second half of games this season.

While wind up title for a thread; to counter that table, how many of our games has Hooper actually been on the pitch that late in the game? Hasn't he usually subbed?

As for needing more goal scorers; Fletcher is about to come around too :)

Such a good footballer. He is always aware of what is around him and he always buys himself a couple more seconds than our other strikers. He has great link up play, he is solid as an ox and he can finish. If he had pace, he would be playing for a top club in the Premier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N0rtherner said:

While wind up title for a thread; to counter that table, how many of our games has Hooper actually been on the pitch that late in the game? Hasn't he usually subbed?

As for needing more goal scorers; Fletcher is about to come around too :)

Not this season. 

Played almost every minute since the second game of the season.

• Thanks 1

For a player not yet 30, he has that 'seen it all' air about him that you usually get with top class players or those in their mid 30s eking out another season. Maybe that's because of his lack of pace, so he makes up for it in other ways. First thing I look for in Wednesday news is if he's still fit. He must be a great influence on the youngsters at the club on how to play simple but effective football.

47 minutes ago, Wisenightowl said:

For a player not yet 30, he has that 'seen it all' air about him that you usually get with top class players or those in their mid 30s eking out another season. Maybe that's because of his lack of pace, so he makes up for it in other ways. First thing I look for in Wednesday news is if he's still fit. He must be a great influence on the youngsters at the club on how to play simple but effective football.

When he first joined I thought he was little more than a poacher. Nothing could be further from the truth. I never noticed him at Celtic or Norwich, so maybe he has always been the perfect link-player, or maybe he has developed into this role whilst with us, in which case Carlos deserves huge praise, as of course does the player himself.

As you say, his game is not about pace. It is about timing, power, brilliantly lethal finishing and a rocket of a shot. His timing in particular is wonderful. 

Like you, I think Hooper is hugely important to our success. But I also think Carlos should be readying Rhodes to stand in for Hooper in times of fatigue or injury.

On 01/10/2017 at 21:42, Spondon Owl said:

He's a cracking player. Really fantastic ... BUT the contribution of fletcher was outstanding.. He had l**** back four at sides and sevens with his physicality allowing Hooper to play to his strengths.. Really good.

Excellent point, and against L**ds, because of young Joe’s superb kicking, Fletch and Hoops actually received the ball nice and early instead of knackering themselves out trying to shake defenders off.

On 01/10/2017 at 21:42, Spondon Owl said:

He's a cracking player. Really fantastic ... BUT the contribution of fletcher was outstanding.. He had l**** back four at sides and sevens with his physicality allowing Hooper to play to his strengths.. Really good.

sides and sevens? Is that better than sixes and sevens?