Hooper - Waste of a Shirt...

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

When he first joined I thought he was little more than a poacher. Nothing could be further from the truth. I never noticed him at Celtic or Norwich, so maybe he has always been the perfect link-player, or maybe he has developed into this role whilst with us, in which case Carlos deserves huge praise, as of course does the player himself.

As you say, his game is not about pace. It is about timing, power, brilliantly lethal finishing and a rocket of a shot. His timing in particular is wonderful. 

Like you, I think Hooper is hugely important to our success. But I also think Carlos should be readying Rhodes to stand in for Hooper in times of fatigue or injury.

Reminds me a bit of Teddy Sherringham if I am honest. 

Also think Carlos is readying Rhodes for either the Fletcher or the Hooper role.

Guest everydays_wednesday

I reckon if we ever won the league by 10 points someone would come up with a stat saying how crap we are at something or other !

Send him back tonight btw :-)

If you don't want him anymore send him back to where he learnt his trade.
And send Hull's Jarrod Bowen, Bournemouth's Marc Pugh & Swansea's Sam Clucas while you're at it.
Not that we need them mind, two promotions on the trot we're doing just fine in cider city.
UTO
Hooper Hooperman, Hooper Hooper Hooperman