Van Aken

Pudil

Bannan

Lee

Jones

Reach

Hooper

Fletcher

Not much width there, but not sure we'll need it as I can't see us winning Tom many headers against their centre backs. Goals may have to come from a bit of magic from Lee, Bannan, Hooper etc. 

Cardiff might have really had their confidence knocked after that poor result in the week. Definitely think we  are capable of winning, but a draw would be by no means a terrible result. 

COME ON WEDNESDAY

Need the lads to do me a favour today as the build up at work down here has been fruity....1-2

Westwood

Palmer            Lees           Loovens        Pudil

Wallace       Lee/jones       Bannan          Reach

Hooper

Joao

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

Westwood

Palmer            Tommy           Loovens        Pudil

Wallace       Lee/jones       Bannan          Reach

Hooper

Joao

Fixed it for you :ph34r:

• Haha 2

I would just go with the same team.

Can't start dropping Joost because of the opposition- he has to learn on the job.

Likewise, Reach and Bannan left has been a combo that has worked well. Changing it up because we fear their winger is playing into their hands.

Play to our strengths, not theirs.

Be positive.

1 minute ago, Bodhidharma said:

Can't start dropping Joost because of the opposition- he has to learn on the job.

Likewise, Reach and Bannan left has been a combo that has worked well. Changing it up because we fear their winger is playing into their hands.

Be positive.

Although Carlos seems to have put his positive head on for home games now. Would be an amazing ask for him to do it in the away matches aswell.

So many laugh out loud moments in today's OMDT, particularly enjoyed Colin recalling the team from his 'glory' years, genius. I thought the Robin of Loxley history lesson was a high note, but this!?!  What a piece of work m'lud!!

So to today's game, after such a rousing read my spirits are truly lifted and the positivity is positively flowing. Positively.

We know a battle will ensue, we know Colin is the arch enemy, we know we can blow hot and cold, but i think we can match them and our class will show through with a 1-2 reversal.

UP THE OWLS!

Edited by gazzamk2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kevan said:

A fine OP as usual Lord S. You're fast 

becoming a legend!

I'm forced to agree

Is it too late to make a minor amendment to that SWFC DREAM SCENE?

I'm thinking bottom left hand corner - maybe a top hat and monocle placed strategically alongside two bin bags of damp washing

• Haha 1

Happy with a draw, but I'm willing to be optimistic and predict a scrappy 2-1 win to the Wednesday.

I note that the two games Cardiff lost in the last 6 have been against tough, scrappy opponents who don't necessarily always try to walk it in, and instead tend to play fairly direct (although tbf Preston were by no means hoofers in that game, by all accounts played some nice stuff). The likes of Wolves, QPR and Fulham (who at least managed a draw) have faired less well. A quick, intricate ground game may not be the way forward today - ironically, the slower and occasionally more direct game we all got sick of last season could well serve us slighly better today.

I think that's what we'll do, with a bit of added quality and compactness at the back that we're becoming renowned for these days.

Zohore, oddly enough, doesn't overly bother me in his loan striker role - we've got more than enough at CB to deal with him IMO. It's the line of three behind him that bothers me more.

I'd like to see Reach and Hunt, if it's them at fullback, playing deeper for more of the game than we've been used to lately. That would reqire a major shake-up of our attacking style, for sure, but I think risking being caught out of position down the flanks today could create more problems than opportunities for us.

Perhaps we'll see Pudil in for Reach, and Reach pushed forward into more of a wide midfield position, for that very reason. I'd be ok with that: a bit of pace higher up the pitch would do us no harm at all, particularly as crosses from deep will likely serve us better than long balls down the middle (especially if Rhodes or Joao are in for Fletcher). If it *is* Pudil at LB though, he needs to stay back more or less permanently, especially with his pace issues. I do NOT want to see our CBs repeatedly getting split apart while one of them drifts out to cover the channel; that way Zohore-shaped problems lie.

Either way, I don't expect it to be beautiful viewing, but as I'll be limited to listening on the radio it'll be mercifully impossible to tell what's happening anyway.

Squeaky win, scrappy game, couple of knocks by the end no doubt. Goals from YOOOAAAAAAAASSSSTTT and Rhodes. Possibly the latter from a penalty. His celebration will be AGGRO. WTF:

Edited by Mr. Tom

33 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

Be positive.

I'd love to see the same team but 3 games in a week whilst carrying knocks before a Derby is probably a step too far...players like Joao, Matias, Butterfield etc. need to show what they can do whilst we still have so many injuries. Didn't catch Carlos saying anything about Hutch, anyone know if he is far off?

Just now, Fuzzy logics said:

I'd love to see the same team but 3 games in a week whilst carrying knocks before a Derby is probably a step too far...players like Joao, Matias, Butterfield etc. need to show what they can do whilst we still have so many injuries. Didn't catch Carlos saying anything about Hutch, anyone know if he is far off?

He did mention him, back in training apparently and doing well. Today will be too soon for him I suspect, but you never know. Would be interesting to see how it'd change our game quite suddenly - I'd want him to sit back if he did make an appearance, let Bannan roam but give us a permanent anchor in front of the back four. No mental tackles just outside the box either!WTF: