Cardiff 1 - 1 Sheffield Wednesday : OMDT

2 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

So Reach who has been playing out of his skin at left back, moved to left midfield where he has been average at best, Lee once again shifted out wide. He does leave himself open to criticism.

Reach been brilliant at left back. Why have we moved him? I do foresee him having a bad game, hope I'm wrong.

Wallace was fit according to CC's press conference so this is clearly a tactical decision. Would've preferred to see Matias than Reach left midfield.

1 minute ago, LiamK2292 said:

Reach been brilliant at left back. Why have we moved him? I do foresee him having a bad game, hope I'm wrong.

Wallace was fit according to CC's press conference so this is clearly a tactical decision. Would've preferred to see Matias than Reach left midfield.

Clearly thinking about countering their wingers rather than playing to our own strengths.

I guess it will be vindicated if we get a clean sheet and nick a win.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Big question today and one which I think will decide whether we get a result or not will be can Pudil handle Mendez Laing. Because he will run him all over the shop.

Put a fast/tricky winger up against Puddle and you know that he is gonna feign injury when hes getting his arrsee wiped.

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Big question today and one which I think will decide whether we get a result or not will be can Pudil handle Mendez Laing. Because he will run him all over the shop.

Quite obviously doubling up on him with two left-sided players that defend well.

Our attacking outlet today is Lee and Hunt down the right.

To be fair, our team on paper beats theirs by 2 or 3.

But we all know the championship throws up anything.

7 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

This threat probably the reason for the change. Pudil will be well reinforced by Reach.

Edited by Dagmeister

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

That's the spirit...

Let's see what happens before we all start going apesh*t. 

Apeshit the bigger assumption than assuming we have a defensive 11 (3cm's and a left wing back in midfield) with no pace and little creativity on bench.

Merely an observation but do have private assumptions on how it will go due to negative selection as will others, would love to be proved wrong tho

We should get a better idea on Joost today. It's okay being nicey, nicey on ball, bla de bla. But fundamentally, he's a defender. CCFC are strong physical side which will be a test for the guy. Hopefully he can show what he's made of. 

Two good teams go head to head. Always tight games! 

1-1

Like the look of our midfield 4. 

Means we can change alot.

Lee Bannan Jones Reach.

Reach Lee Jones Bannan

Bannan Lee Jones Reach.

Jones will always be the base in a diamond.

But the other 3 can all play in any of the other positions. 

Think it may work better than some think.

Edited by pazowl55

1 minute ago, Dylan93 said:

We should get a better idea on Joost today. It's okay being nicey, nicey on ball, bla de bla. But fundamentally, he's a defender. CCFC are strong physical side which will be a test for the guy. Hopefully he can show what he's made of. 

Two good teams go head to head. Always tight games! 

1-1

Joost looks anything but 'nicey, nicey' to me. He's quite aggressive, which is good, but I hope he can avoid the red cards.