Cardiff 1 - 1 Sheffield Wednesday : OMDT

1 minute ago, Mr. Tom said:

He did mention him, back in training apparently and doing well. Today will be too soon for him I suspect, but you never know. Would be interesting to see how it'd change our game quite suddenly - I'd want him to sit back if he did make an appearance, let Bannan roam but give us a permanent anchor in front of the back four. No mental tackles just outside the box either!WTF:

Would certainly allow Carlos to switch things a bit if Hutch was available...

Westwood

Lees            Van aken         

Palmer                                                       Reach

Hutch

Wallace           Lee         Bannan

Hooper       Joao

4 hours ago, np pontefract said:

Tell me Lord Snooty , is Snooty Towers by any chance open to the General public, or even to your "friends" on Owlstalk  ?

It was suggested by last Estate manager. "Might be a money spinner and all that" he rattled. 

Two issues really though.

Firstly the place is a death trap and in today's sue-at-will attitude I fear we'd have lawsuits by the end of the week. 

Not least since we never found Lady Snootys tiger.  

It was a family engagement of course and no one made a huge fuss. But I can't help but wonder if it was the tiger that took poor Timmy. 

One minute "Can I play outside uncle Snoot" the next minute gone. Never to be seen again. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKPiR46FKAcjm968_ci0D

Secondly. I'm not sure I could bear the thought of folks limping about all over the place. I'm not a snob of course, but personal experience tells me one has to be careful about the lower orders. 

I took the Big gun's chap on as Gardrner and he ruined the lawn and stole the mower and I've never seen him since.

And one only had to look at the cantilever stand to see what happens when you allow in the chumps. Fighting on the concourse. Bald headed middle aged yobbos stood effing and Jeff in at the away support and worst of all singing different song to the KOP at the same time .  It's been and disaster!

3 hours ago, VictoryBell said:

One minor crit, Snoots - can we have a reminder off kick-off time in the OP? Last week I was totally disoriented by the late KO. I can probably manage without a venue reminder, though (just).:laugh:

It's a fair point. 

One that wasn't so much an issue when football was good. 3pm Saturday. 7:45 on  Wednesday. It was all so much easier then. These days you can find a game to watch 24 hours hours a day seven days a week. 

Wrong in my book too.  Liquorice straps and pomfret cakes are the most marvelous things.

169c4269238a1e198597ef48e1ab8da9.jpg

But if I'd have been able to eat them all day every day as a Child their magic would surely have worn off. That's the danger with the game as I see it.  

2 hours ago, MrsHall said:

Hope the household staffing issues are resolved before next Sunday. I'm expecting a very tight game, so, a hard-fought 6-0 victory. UTO.

I must say I was most put about this morning. I awoke with a sore head,  as a chap does after burning the midnight oil doing the OMDT on a supper of bhaji and Cognac. I'd barely been awake ten seconds when I noticed something not quite as I left it. 

I quickly realised that my clothes weren't strewn about the floor where I'd left them. I was pondering whether I had put them away when there was a gentle tap at the door. When I said "Enter" Tillman streamed in quietly with a tall glass on a tray. 

"Good morning , Your Lordship," he said with a calming bedside manner, "If you would drink this"

I looked at it him with some wonder, as well one might.

"It is a preparation of my own invention, the raw egg will calm your stomach and the Hendersons Relish gives it the tang. I have found many of my previous employers have found it a useful weapon in the war against the morning after" He smiled. 

BlackAndSprite.png

So I necked it in one. And by Scott! Within seconds I felt a pip in my head,  the sun beamed in through the curtains and all was right with the world.

"I say, Tillman,  that was just the job"

"Very good ,Sir" he said spinning silently on his heel, "I have prepared your clothing for the day and hung them on the front of the Wardrobe. I know you're expecting the builders today and might be out of doors so I have checked the weather and thought perhaps the ribbed wool socks and an undervest. "

And with that. He was gone. 

I dressed sharply and went down stairs to take the papers. The fire was already well lit and there was a pot of hot tea waiting.  I'd barely finished my first cup and turned the front page when he floated gracefully into the breakfast room.  Sausage, double egg, bacon,  black pudding, tomato plum and cooked, fried bread, mushrooms. Superb!

I feel some guilt about ,Stubbs but I can't help but warm to this man!

I'm just sat by the fire enjoying a smoke. O'Reilly said he'd be here at nine. It's twenty to eleven. Typical!

1 hour ago, Bodhidharma said:

Can't start dropping Joost because of the opposition- he has to learn on the job.

Be positive.

Agree wholeheartedly ,old egg. Not for a moment suggesting the chap is rested or saved,  Just musing thst after Forest ponced about and Brentford played Euro football around our box, today might represent the cultural shock that the chaps been expecting. 

Of course, with us playing on the counter but having no one who can cover ground rapidly, then young Van Halens ability to ping a 40 yard pass on a sixpence might actually be the key to us getting goals on the break.

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Been a strange week here at Snooty Towers. My man, Stubbs, has gone away for a fortnights break. In London of all places.  Not the sort of place you'd really expect a chap to take a rest.  Though I gather he hails from those parts originally.  I heard him on the phone earlier in the week whispering  to someone in his  low growl about 'taking care of business'. He also said he was going to 'put a few more holes in the fackin doughnut'. Why anyone would want more than one hole in a doughnut is beyond me. 

p_R166608.jpg

I've since discovered one of the guns is missing out of the rack. I don't know why he's taken that with him. Sure I'll have to grill the beggar when he gets back.

I've been on to the agency to get  in a replacement valet for a fortnight. They sent me a little chap, Jemson. Surly faced scout if ever I saw one.  Takes his time getting about the place too. I rang the bell last night as I fancied some crumpets and a pot of tea as I was getting to rather an exciting place in my book. Well, it fair took him an age to arrive.  I went to find him myself and saw him admiring himself in the mirror in the hallway. Thought he was too good for the job. Wouldn't do and so I have got on the phone and asked them to send me someone else at once.     He slunk his way out with a face like a miserable teenager.  Imagine my horror when later in the evening my scullery maid  came up to the study and informed me that the meat store had been emptied. Completely ransacked.   No cast-iron evidence it was him of course. But hard to not jump to conclusions.

Anyway. They've sent me another replacement , Tillman. We'll see how we go on with him.  He seems a decent sort of Johnny. His first test will be in the morning , we'll see how he does at breakfast. I'll need a good one . I have the builders coming around. The battlements on the South side have been in disrepair since the war. O'Reilly is coming to do it. Recommended by the B&B owner in the village. Anyway the upshot of all this is I won't be going tomorrow.

My first away game miss in some time so I'll be needing regular updates from you chumps...

21742952_10156091350746111_2980356927048

Cardiff City - V- Wednesday

Quite a week too for the Wednesday. Six points from the last two.  Forest those damnable thieves who stole 'Hood' from us were sent packing after comfortable win for us. Then Brentford an-uncomfortable win.  Quite how they are propping up the table with Bolton I have no idea.  But it does prove the old adage a win is a win.

I was slightly surprised to see the Warhorse Fletcher start against Brentford. Especially with this game on the horizon.  I know, I know. Every game as it comes. One match at a time and all that.  But the big Scot (I know he's from Shrewsbury, stop nit-picking, it doesn't help the Scottish Warrior narrative I'm trying to paint here. For Gods sake)  

As I was saying. The big Scot is an absolute warrior at the top end of the park. Throwing himself into aerial duals , getting clattered from arsèhole to breakfast.  He's just the sort of  chap a team needs on the road. Especially down there in the land of Dragons. OR bluebirds. Or is that all still a bit of a sore subject? Either way.  This is a Warnock side. Two units at the back who'll be only too ready to dish it out.  This will be a battle. Always his with him. They'll be lobbing the ball in our box like grenades.

There's two ways to beat a Warnock side in my book.  You've got to match them up and have a battering ram up there to give you an outball, someone to hold it up and let your team get out as their kitchen sink is thrown at our back line or you hit them with pace.

We haven't actually got any pace. So that's why Fletcher is so vital.  Unless Joao comes in from the cold.  

Warnock has hardly changed his team at all this year.  Nearly the same side every week unless someone has a knock. 

CARDIFF - MOST USED SIDE 

21742827_10156087609851111_5906425620996

The one to watch for them is the lad Medez-Laing who has got 5 goals in 6 starts from the wing. Impressive in anyones book. Reach will have to be at his best. But one has to wonder if this is one of the changes that Carlos was talking about in his press conference. To let this lad expose space is to ask for trouble. Might the experienced Pudil come in to face him and Reach be used on the left of midfield to give us the legs?

Old Warnocks a rum old cove and no mistake. But put aside the groucho nose and the Pantomime villain act and he’s got an incredible record in the football league. Seven (7) promotions.  You don’t pull that off by fluke. He’s often , with the exception of QPR , done it without the best squad in the division too. 

Course, I’m not saying the fiend will do it again but they have had a superb start. Interestingly their two defeats this season have been against teams which have been described on here as being terrible.  Burton in the Cup and Preston in their last outing in the League.

21765100_10156087625471111_7513245854740

Carlos says we will play differently against Cardiff. And it has to be said my old chums, that that isn’t too hard to imagine. Not least since this season Wednesday seem to be able to play differently in the second half to how they did the first!  

One minute we’re sitting back inviting trouble like an Eriksson era England side, defending a lead which we haven’t got.  The next we’re closing down and pushing on and thundering down the slope (even though it’s gone) like a Wilkinson team in its pomp for eight minute spells.  God knows what we'll do tomorrow from one minute to the next.

We all know old Neils style. Get it in the mixer. And why not? Works for him.  Up front they have Albin Kenneth Dahrup Zohore, the archetypal Warnock striker. Big, powerful , bustling and bruising.  Lees will know what is in store but it might be the first time that our new centre half Eddie Van Halen gets a taste of some old fashioned British football. Pinging the passes from the back is one thing.  Having Warnocks lot wrestling and grappling while they slap their balls in your box is quite another.

21751513_10156091347336111_2184865470620

Perhaps old Carlos will throw a curve ball in. Truth is though. I don’t think he can with the current injuries; so many options have been taken from us.

4-2-3-1?  - We only have one fit defensive midfield player and it’s an outrageous waste of Bannan or Lee to stick them in front of the back four with Jones-eh. I mean, Jones. 

3-5-2?   -  We could of course go 3 at the back. But that’s a gamble with not much preparation time. And with Medez-Laing on fire would it really be wise to play a lone wingback against him? We struggled enough defending the flank on Tuesday when Reach in theory should have had help from first Lee and then Bannan.  

4-1-4-1?  The one that could make a difference as it would give us compactness out wide AND  strength in the middle.

The only problem is….

…………unless Fletcher is fit who plays up top? 

The lone role.... It’s one that doesn’t really suit Hooper and it certainly doesn’t suit Rhodes.  

Joao or Nuhiu in from the cold?  Highly unlikely I'd have thought. 

If Fletcher or Hooper are anywhere near fit they’ll play , surely?

I think, injuries permitting, it’ll be the standard away 4-4-1-1 despite what the gaffer says  changing things up. Only changes I can see are in personnel.  

21742969_10156091362531111_1228292585986

Crikey. I'm really not a fan of the bruised banana away kit.  Still. It's going to be a bruising encounter so maybe it's the right gear for the day.

Anyway. Must dash.  

COME ON WEDNESDAY

Top quality omdt. Above & beyond the norm. Absolutely psd oneself at the tale of Stubbs returning to the smoke. Couldn't help but read his quotes in a Tom Hardy Kray Legend voice. 'I came here for a fackin shoot-out, like a western' while literally spitting venom. Hilarious m'lord.

:tango:

Must admit, you just can't get the staff these days. Hopefully Colin can't rally his either, after their dry bumming at Preston. The blaggard reminds me of captain Rum, erstwhile of Blackadder fame. A bit of a loon & insists on doing things his own way, while talking shyte at the same time. Loathe the man with a passion, Wouldn't pass water on him if he was on a bonfire. But anyway, to football.

Hardest game of the season for me. Yet we always rise to these occasions. Winning at Fulham may become a 6 pointer come May. As could today's result.

Got the look of Newcastle away last year, but with the added spice of chief pig. Think we'll pinch it 2-1, leaving old bacon rounduns with a longer face than usual.

UTO!

47 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Top quality omdt. Above & beyond the norm. Absolutely psd oneself at the tale of Stubbs returning to the smoke. Couldn't help but read his quotes in a Tom Hardy Kray Legend voice. 'I came here for a fackin shoot-out, like a western' while literally spitting venom. Hilarious m'lord.

:tango:

I only wish I was in as pecker a mood as yourself. 

O'Reilly has just turned up in his van , a battered old bedford which has left a trail of smoke in the sky as if some great old steamer had chugged up the drive. Had his two son in tow. 

One looked barely more than halfwit at first glance. Something qualified when I made out a Sheffield United badge on his paint splattered tracksuit top.  The other a baseball capped ratboy with the sneaky look of a stoat and the beady  glancing eyes of a magpie. 

I went to greet them and I'd barely had chance to ask whatever had kept them when O'Reilly mumbled something about materials and said they were just off to the village for some breakfast. Breakfast! At 12 noon!

They just left me stood there and a cloud of black smoke. 

It's just not cricket. 

• Haha 1

Lord Snoots is so obviously from the class that we refer to as knowledgeable Gentry. States his case clearly and concisely rejecting all forms of Pretentiousness  Yet his recent trip to Cardiff missed out on such an obvious target.

As a 16 year old this young Lady was one of Britains darlings and reigned supreme as the Queen of Cardiff.SB1.jpg.2c8032e61cff32e8882221eb5f47f438.jpg

Fame and fortune took it's pound of flesh, forgetting she was ever a one of Cardiffs daughters she joined the 70's 'Jet Set' leaving Cardiff behind for a Swiss Villa.

She metamorphosed into this SB2.jpg.38afe606510851bf6e0148ab81f52195.jpg   “Whenever an occasion arose in which she needed an opinion on something in the wider world, she borrowed her husband's. If this had been all there was to her, she wouldn't have bothered anyone, but as is so often the case with such women, she suffered from an incurable case of pretentiousness. Lacking any internalized values of her own, such people can arrive at a standpoint only by adopting other people's standards or views. The only principle that governs their minds is the question "How do I look?”  

I'm sure Shirley won't give a throw how the Bluebirds fair against the Owls today; So come on Wednesday dip your bread !

12 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

SB2.jpg.38afe606510851bf6e0148ab81f52195.jpg  

I'm sure Shirley won't give a throw how the Bluebirds fair against the Owls today; So come on Wednesday dip your bread !

Ahh, Shirley. 

Not the first time I've seen her with a Pearl necklace.

She was singing Fire down below and with these hands at the time

But one likes to be discreet. 

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Ahh, Shirley. 

Not the first time I've seen her with a Pearl necklace.

She was singing Fire down below and with these hands at the time

But one likes to be discreet. 

Please explain how she could sing with her mouth full.

2 hours ago, Fuzzy logics said:

I'd love to see the same team but 3 games in a week whilst carrying knocks before a Derby is probably a step too far...players like Joao, Matias, Butterfield etc. need to show what they can do whilst we still have so many injuries. Didn't catch Carlos saying anything about Hutch, anyone know if he is far off?

I'd love to see Matias, Joao and Rhodes all starting at the same time at some point, but not sure an away game in Cardiff is the place to do it. Matias and Joao particularly are not known for mixing it up

So, I'd go for Boyd and Wallace on the wings, Butterfield in for Lee (only if latter is unfit) and Nuhiu in for Fletch (again, if latter is unfit), which of course is a bit dicey

But imagine we come away with all 3 points with Dave leading the front line. Would help rehabilitate his rep here and add "meat to the fire" for our manager

Lose with the above and it's back to the moaning and a groaning on here though 

2-0 Owls

4 minutes ago, owlandished said:

I'd love to see Matias, Joao and Rhodes all starting at the same time at some point, but not sure an away game in Cardiff is the place to do it. Matias and Joao particularly are not known for mixing it up

So, I'd go for Boyd and Wallace on the wings, Butterfield in for Lee (only if latter is unfit) and Nuhiu in for Fletch (again, if latter is unfit), which of course is a bit dicey

But imagine we come away with all 3 points with Dave leading the front line. Would help rehabilitate his rep here and add "meat to the fire" for our manager

2-0 Owls

Thought Boyd was injured?

5 minutes ago, owlandished said:

2-0 Owls

I'd like to see Rhodes given a decent amount of game time paired with Hooper.