Reach

Bannan

Jones

Butterfield

Boyd

Hooper

Rhodes 

This.

After Brentford is Cardfiff, which has become a big match. Save Lee, Fletcher and Wallace for that match.

Prior to the last day of transfer season, the Brentford match would have been a shoe-in for Winnall too. I wouldn't be surprised to even see Nuhiu and Rhodes up front.

8 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

Westwood

Hunt-Lees-van Aken-Reach

Wallace-Jones-Butterfield-Bannan

Hooper-Rhodes

Cant believe I'm agreeing with a team that has Bannan left, but yes this is exactly what I want us to send out too.

Even Kieran surely needs to sit out after his fine comeback. Butters is a natural replacement.

Fletch has to rest. Rhodes is the perfect replacement.

Everyone else did well and no tinkering please.

If this team starts with similar intent we should be far too strong for Brentford.

3 minutes ago, DesWalker said:

Agree with the majority. Lee and Fletcher possibly rested for Saturday. Replaced by butterfield and Rhodes. 

Personel is secondary to how we approach the game. Start like we did yesterday and we'll be fine. 

Ive noticed that you and one or two others are typing for instead of 4 

Sort it please it's so uncool 

This is one of those draw written all over it games to me especially as we really need to win it before Cardiff, blunts and weeds all 50/50 games. I'd like the same team to play but I can see Carlos as most of you have said resting lee & fletcher. Hopefully he doesn't rotate van aken would be nice to give lees a chance to build a better understanding together. Looked good yesturday for a first go at it together.

11 minutes ago, The Coorong Owl said:

This is one of those draw written all over it games to me especially as we really need to win it before Cardiff, blunts and weeds all 50/50 games. I'd like the same team to play but I can see Carlos as most of you have said resting lee & fletcher. Hopefully he doesn't rotate van aken would be nice to give lees a chance to build a better understanding together. Looked good yesturday for a first go at it together.

I think Lee and Fletch have to sit out, for their own good as well as for the sake of the team in this long long season.

Carlos does like a tinker (like saying Merson likes a drink) but I'm not sure who the other candidates would be who need a rest. They have all just had two weeks off after all. Maybe Bannan's constant sore foot, and Jones age might make him think. Possibly Boyd in for Wallace?

Personally, same team, except Butters and Rhodes, to allow rest and recouperation to Lee and Fletch.

I would love us to be two up with 35 to go, so Joao can give Hooper some time off to ease his wounds for Cardiff. 

9 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

Westwood

Hunt-Lees-van Aken-Reach

Wallace-Jones-Butterfield-Bannan

Hooper-Rhodes

This, unless we can be 100% sure that Lee won't pick up an injury, which we can't be. Can interchange with a diamond having Jones at the base and Butterfield at the tip.

I was surprised Lee stayed on as long as he did. He was blowing out of his backside after 50 minutes, which isn't like him as he is one of those naturally fit footballers.  The lad needs wrapping up in cotton wool, and I'd certainly rest him on Tuesday night. 

Boyd has to start, and wouldn't surprise me if Pudil came in as well, with Reach pushed wide right. Pudil has been very unlucky to be dropped IMO. He likes to play a big lad away, so Fletcher will be saved for Cardiff on Saturday. 

Games like this are where our strength in depth comes into play. We brought on Boyd, Rhodes and Butterfield yesterday, and not many teams in this league can have a squad as good as this. 

Team will be, and what I would pick

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Van Aken otherwise known as Pingsville

Pudil

Reach

Bannan

Jones

Boyd

Rhodes

Hooper

12 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Westwood

Hunt, Lees, Van Aken, Reach

Jones

Boyd, Lee, Bannan

Hooper, Rhodes

Agree, tho cc spouted some nonsense about boyd not compatable with diamond.

If we need a goal would like to see matias on behind front 2 for lee or jones.

Edited by Ash77

2 hours ago, Pulcinella said:

This.

After Brentford is Cardfiff, which has become a big match. Save Lee, Fletcher and Wallace for that match.

Prior to the last day of transfer season, the Brentford match would have been a shoe-in for Winnall too. I wouldn't be surprised to even see Nuhiu and Rhodes up front.

Yep, strangely I could see Nuhiu coming in to start alongside Hooper or Rhodes although if we really must rotate I'd prefer Joao. Certainly Hooper always seemed to appreciate playing alongside him.  Butterfield for Lee and Abdi (if fit) in for Wallace.

Boyd has to start showing something apart from effort. Harsh because the diamond isn't probably best for him but it's not like we're asking him to play full back.

Westwood

Hunt    Lees    Van Aken  Reach

Jones

Butterfield    Bannan

Abdi

Joao       Hooper