Team 4 Brentford

2 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Sounds like Brentford performed well at Villa yesterday so I wouldn't want to 'rest' players unless it was absolutely necessary. 

Villa Talk in total meltdown - lots calling for Bruce to go.

Post from Villa Talk.....

Brentford are a small club with no money at all. They have just had to sell their best three players in the last week of the transfer window, and yet they totally dominated us in front of an angry and embarrassed Villa Park crowd.

They didn't have to play brilliantly, they just had to do the basics properly. They passed and moved in support of each other. They got forward in numbers when they had the ball, and they pressed when they didn't have the ball.

They appeared fitter and much better organised than us.

Dean Smith said before the match that they'd spent the past couple of weeks bedding in five new players. Getting them used to the system, developing an awareness of where their team mates were going to be on the pitch with the ball and without the ball in relation to them etc etc. 

What did we do in the last couple of weeks? We were knackered and needed a well earned break according to Bruce.

We only had five players away on international duty, so we could have put in some valuable work on the training pitch with our large squad, but we decided not to.

Bruce complacently said he was delighted with our performances in the last two games and that he thought we'd played really good football going into the international break.

Brentford knew what they were doing yesterday, and it showed. Villa didn't have a clue, and it showed.

The buck stops with Bruce, Calderwood and Clemence.

Villa fans are so arrogant. :duntmatter:

I don't think they've signed very well at all the. Last season's recruitment made ours look amazing.

Hogan for £15m was funny. Then Hourihaine and Lansbury...theyre ok but they're not the standard you will need to be a top 2 side.

Just now, LiamAP22D said:

I don't think they've signed very well at all the. Last season's recruitment made ours look amazing.

Hogan for £15m was funny. Then Hourihaine and Lansbury...theyre ok but they're not the standard you will need to be a top 2 side.

Everybody on here wanted Hourihaine last season

Start the same team. Bannan was fantastic in his best position on the left drifting in. Lee was immense and gives us another dimension. Fletcher and Hooper really click up top for us and we looked like a much more fluent attacking side with them 2 leading the line. Reach has found his best position at left back. 

Finally Carlos has something build on after a fantastic performance. Now stick with it. 

I can see 4 changes.

Lee surely can't play 2 in quick succession right now?

Both full back positions to be rotated, so that is Palmer and either Fox or Pudil coming in

Rhodes to start in place of Fletcher.

Other than that, I don't imagine any other changes, you need to keep the majority of a winning side if possible.

The likes of Fletcher will probably be managing this injury for the rest of his career, as will Loovens.

Will be interested to see if Lee plays. I'd keep Hunt in there if fit as he's been one of our best.

Brentford played really well at Villa and have been getting closer to getting a win so we need to be careful. We messed up against them last season.

Edited by Bluesteel

....................Westwood

Palmer.....Lees......Van Aken......Reach

Boyd.......Jones....Butterfield.....Bannan

...............Hooper....Rhodes

Wildsmith, Hunt, Pudil, Lee, Wallace, Fletcher, Joao

Which is the same 18 but with 4 changes.

Hunt, Lee, Wallace and Fletcher get a breather.

Palmer, Butterfield, Boyd and Rhodes get starts, this gives them an opportunity to grab the shirt for the weekend, giving the manager real options for the next game and the game time keeps them sharp.

Plenty of quality on the bench but will also allow them to be fit and firing for the weekend.

Those changes means we can still play the same way, its like for like.