Sheffield Wednesday vs Sheffield United

If Carlos comes out pre match with the same comments Robson did in that it's only another game, then I'll be worried. 

Make no mistake tufty ball will have them pigs wound up like a coiled spring.Add some serious tempo to our game and we'll win.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, marshy said:

If Carlos comes out pre match with the same comments Robson did in that it's only another game, then I'll be worried. 

Make no mistake tufty ball will have them pigs wound up like a coiled spring.Add some serious tempo to our game and we'll win.

Hopefully we'll be in slightly better shape in terms of confidence by the time we play the pigs. If not though, if we go balls to the wall from the off, I do think this could be a real catalyst for the rest of the season. Excited/nervous already.

God, I hope we start clicking properly before this game.

If we turn up for the first half we'll be competitive..for once CC had to get us to start properly -  It's crucial we do.

His usual tactics of playing second half will backfire in this one as they will be up for this and in our faces from the off.

I can see us going in 2-0 down first half leaving us too much to do.

Really not looking forward to this one tbh.

Guest The Horse

We might not be known for putting teams to the sword but we're not that easy to beat either.

Two seasons of record clean sheets and our only loss this season came on the first day.

They will have to be playing at 100% for 90 mins to stand a chance of even matching us.

If both teams turn up then we win easily.

A 100%  Wednesday will smash them for a cricket score.

Don't think Carlos will be as unprepared for this as people think- once you've done derby games in Turkey, you 'get it'. If anything, I'd expect him to be underwhelmed given the craziness he will have seen whilst at Besiktas. 

Pricing is pretty scary looking but the club have obviously realised that out of 32k tickets SAG will allow us to sell, 21k are probably season ticket holders so they're backing themselves to flog the other 11k at those prices. Which they probably will, and they'll get close even if they don't. 

Anybody who is surprised by the price shouldn't be though. Our ticketing policy is clearly to drive Owls towards season tickets and rinse the POTD income for as much as possible. Not nice to see for SWFC fans who can't afford a ST etc but it shouldn't come as a surprise, we've been doing this for two years now...DC just hasn't had many games big enough for the top category of ticket pricing. 

£50 odd quid for Championship football though...in a way I can't wait for this Sky induced disaster to implode. It'll be havoc when it does, but charging anybody (Owl, Blade or others) that much money for a Division 2 league game is eye watering. And the only way it ends is when the top teams go off and form their European Super League and the rest of the footballing pyramid collapses. 

Edited by TheBoyBeevers

10 hours ago, mark1982 said:

1 leg....

2 legs .....how can you possibly think that the team wasn't fired up for the second leg ......brighton  played really well and our lot defended brilliantly and after we scored we controlled the game in the second half .

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LiamK2292 said:

As a STH, I'll be there. Prices don't matter to me - expensive but expected. If fans really want to go, they'll pay the money.

How am I feeling? Dreading it, not because of how both teams are playing but because it's the Steel City Derby. Everyone knows what it means to the fans.

Form goes out of the window, it's about who wants it more. They'll be up for it no doubt. We may have the better players on paper but our style of play lacks tempo. The way Carlos gets us to play at home inspires me with little confidence. I really can't see us winning. My gut says we'll lose. Really want to be proved wrong.

If results haven't improved and we lose this, Carlos has to go. Simple as that. I want him gone now but I think fans' opinions will turn.

My feelings too.

We have the better individual players, but they have the better TEAM.

Guest We Shall Overcome
19 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

article-1267013-093003A6000005DC-645_468x286.jpg

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY vs SHEFFIELD UNITED

The big derby match is almost upon us.

Let's start the ball rolling then

Firstly who's going? What do you think of the ticket pricing for this one?

Also how do you think we are going to do? 

Sheffield+Wednesday+v+Sheffield+United+m2xSLuhgDrJl.jpg

Can Carlos survive as manager if we lose this one?

So many questions so little time to answer them so hurry hurry hurry 

I can imagine some of your threads if we ever return to the premier league, 'Who Misses them Massive Games in The 2nd Division', it seems to me a section of the fan base have accepted mediocrity including the likes of you. 

Anything can happen in a Derby so there is no favourite. The issue is that many of our fans will expect a clean victory. 

Uniteds team isnt much on paper but they have the underdog tag to play on this season and they will feed off that in this game. But I am glad we are at home first as I think it gives us the advantage. We have the quality and they need to step up.

Im going, it's costing a fortune with travel included, so it will be a miserable sight on the bank statement if we don't get a result lol