Sheffield Wednesday vs Sheffield United

I'm glad we're at home first, its a big test for carlos and will more than likely shape the rest of his career here. A decent couple of results prior to the derby and a victory over them will ensure we end up with another season of at least the play offs, a poor run of results and a derby defeat will be the end sadly as the fans who are are already vocally anti carlos will get louder.

For me if we approach the game in our usual style of recent times a 442 of solid pros like fletcher boyd jones reach will see us lose as sadly united players will have the edge in terms of commitment as wilder will have them well up for this game. Having seen them against boro they were woeful for a supposed passing team when pressed well, so this is the best option for us to win.

The start in any derby is important and we need to revert to the energetic mobile players of carlos' first season with ff and hooper working back and pressing up top and the likes of lee hutch and bannan from midfield. These players pressing and their passing and movement from the first minute will be to much for united. Sadly I don't think this is how the game will end up these types of games are the ones carlos seems to struggle in. I imagine a tight game where we just grab a lead and sit back and eventually united nick an equaliser. 

21 hours ago, BIG D said:

Sheffield 10k first off, then head to Hillsborough to watch us turn the scrubbers over.

£22 for my North Stand ST - bargain.

What you hoping to run the 10k in mate? 

I meant time wise btw, not footwear lol 

Edited by LiamAP22D

I love/hate these games with equal measure, united have crumbled this season when the opposition have taken the game to them (see how Leicester fared when they stepped up 2nd half), if we try the cautious approach it will give them confidence, we need to nullify their early threat and get our passing game going and we should see them off, the two lesser home derbies against the Dingles and the mini pigs last season were awful games but we won both, i'd like to see a more convincing victory in this one. These games do have a habit of being draws though and a loss doesn't bare thinking about.

• Like 1