Ticket Details For The Sheffield Derby

2 hours ago, Andoverowl said:

So let's get this straight then Rob, do you think £37 " cheapest adult ticket btw" is a justified price for a championship game that is on TV? Beggars belief really.

Firstly, the fact that it's on Sky is completely irrelevant.

The pricing is a commercial decision and the fact that it will be a sellout (whatever that means nowadays) makes the fact that it's on TV, as i said, completely irrelevant.

If however, it was a lesser game and on TV and that was likely to affect the crowd numbers, then i would assume they would do a reduced price offer.

I would say the laws of supply & demand have been in force since the middle ages and i can't see things changing suddenly because the resident Moanstalkers say "it isn't fair".

As for £37.

Is that so extortionate in this day and age for someone who doesn't or can't commit to either membership or a season ticket? 

I assume there are concessions for families and OAPs.

I aint well off by any stretch but i would have thought £37 was about par for the course to be honest. How much do people actually see as being 'fair' 20 quid??? 10 quid???? Maybe DC should pay them for turning up. (They'd still moan it was the wrong day, wrong time or they're boycotting it till CC is sacked).

Also this discussion has done the rounds for 3 seasons now and it was absolutely crystal clear at the outset the strategy that DC was adopting (he made no secret of it), that he wanted people to commit up front and they would be rewarded for doing so in respect of the price they would pay.

If people cannot or will not make this commitment then they cannot expect the same rewards as those that do. 

I flew with Ryan Air in July and i had booked the flight 6 months earlier, the flight cost £119.00 and 5 months later was double that. It's how it works. 

Also, how many people is this affecting? In an average crowd of 26000, 21000 have season tickets, i would assume a couple of thousand have membership and then the away fans, which leaves a relatively smallish number who 'pay on the day' (or equivalent).

Considering the numbers it affects as a percentage of the total, i can't help feeling it's either an extension of the 'social justice' argument, or just another blatant excuse to have a pop at the club.

21 hours ago, barmyowl1212 said:

Please dont start. You want to see the level of thickness of some of our fans on Facebook. Total melt down as they have to by a ticket for the match even though they have a ST. Iv just pulled myself off the floor after crying with laughter

Haha. Oh dear 

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

The pricing is a commercial decision and the fact that it will be a sellout (whatever that means nowadays) makes the fact that it's on TV, as i said, completely irrelevant.

If however, it was a lesser game and on TV and that was likely to affect the crowd numbers, then i would assume they would do a reduced price offer.

I would say the laws of supply & demand have been in force since the middle ages and i can't see things changing suddenly because the resident Moanstalkers say "it isn't fair".

As for £37.

Is that so extortionate in this day and age for someone who doesn't or can't commit to either membership or a season ticket? 

I aint well off by any stretch but i would have thought £37 was about par for the course to be honest. How much do people actually see as being 'fair' 20 quid??? 10 quid???? Maybe DC should pay them for turning up. (They'd still moan it was the wrong day, wrong time or they're boycotting it till CC is sacked).

Also this discussion has done the rounds for 3 seasons now and it was absolutely crystal clear at the outset the strategy that DC was adopting (he made no secret of it), that he wanted people to commit up front and they would be rewarded for doing so in respect of the price they would pay.

If people cannot or will not make this commitment then they cannot expect the same rewards as those that do. 

I flew with Ryan Air in July and i had booked the flight 6 months earlier, the flight cost £119.00 and 5 months later was double that. It's how it works. 

Also, how many people is this affecting? In an average crowd of 26000, 21000 have season tickets, i would assume a couple of thousand have membership and then the away fans, which leaves a relatively smallish number who 'pay on the day' (or equivalent).

Considering the numbers it affects as a percentage of the total, i can't help feeling it's either an extension of the 'social justice' argument, or just another blatant excuse to have a pop at the club.

This bloke likes the sound of his own keyboard !

• Haha 3

We expect the chairman to spend millions of pounds and then when he asks us to commit to help the cause people kick off.Before he spen t owt on the team he bought the club a scoreboard a pitch heat lamps to make the pitch grow then had to upgrade the electrics to power the lamps then upgrade the training facilities.All this has to be paid for.Remember he is a part owner of his company and our football club is a luxury like a holiday home and he could easily get bored maintaining this luxury if he feels other people aren't prepared to commit what he has.We all have the choice to pay the money to watch the game or stay away and watch it on sky just dont be upset when DC decides he'd rather not pay and watch the game on sky from thailand

It's just far too much really, but i would also say not at all unexpected.

The perspective I would use here though, is that my adult son has a Man City fan friend, who got him a ticket for a Man City v Juventus champions league match, not that long ago. The match ticket and his Sheffield to Manchester return train ticket in combination, was cheaper than the adult kop none member price for the piglet game.

Guest Copthorneowl

Our prices are, whether anybody likes it or not up there with the dearest.

Personally it doesn't affect me a jot and I hope to make a big fairly expensive round trip journey to enjoy us smashing dem blades  .....however we can still surely sympathise with those of our fanatic fan base who find it tough well I do anyway.ji

At the end of the say as I've said many times this is 100% down to sky TV They shuffle billions to the Prem and every champ club and owner wants a wedge of it hence the high prices to keep us out of FFP.  The Derby owner has so much more sense than he's given credit for he sees the way sky treat every club outside the Prem as sheeite, which I and many others support by paying shed loads per month for it probably encourage.

Same with the media look in the Sunday papers sometimes not a column inch outside the Prem it stinks. One day it will all go t**s up sooner the better then there'll be 92 clubs not 20.

Dont blame the owner he's working with what he's got.

Edited by Copthorneowl

2 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

As for £37.

Thanks for the reply Rob , I do get some of you're points but just for a bit of balance Birmingham are charging £20 against us and thier competing just as much as us .All about opinions though UTO.

On 01/09/2017 at 16:32, Sam779 said:

The first Steel City derby for five seasons is a Category A game at Hillsborough on Sunday 24 September (12 noon).

Ticket prices start from £37 for Adult Owls Members and £5 for Under 11 Members on the Kop.

Sale details

Monday 4 September: Season Ticket Holders, Club Members and Owls Foundation Members
Monday 11 September (9.00am): Supporters with 50 or more Ticket Priority Points
Monday 11 September 2.00pm: Supporters with 30 or more TPP
Tuesday 12 September: Supporters with 20 or more TPP
Wednesday 13 September: Supporters with ten or more TPP
Thursday 14 September: General sale

Ticket sales will strictly be one ticket per ID Number and all sale dates are subject to availability.

Tickets are available to purchase in person at the Ticket Office, by telephone on 03700 201867 (Option 1, £2 booking fee per ticket) or at the Sheffield Wednesday Online Shop.

Kop Members Non Members
Adult £37 £42
Senior/Under 21 £27 £32
Student & Armed Forces £32 £42
Junior under 17 £10 £15
Junior under 11 £5 £10
Junior under 5 (advance sale only) £5 £5

North/Grandstand Members Non Members
Adult £40 £45
Senior/Under 21 £30 £35
Student & Armed Forces £35 £45
Junior under 17 £10 £15
Junior under 11 £5 £10
Junior under 5 (advance sale only) £5 £5

South Members Non Members
Adult £44 £49
Senior/Under 21 £34 £39
Student & Armed Forces £39 £49
Junior under 17 £10 £15
Junior under 11 £5 £10
Junior under 5 (advance sale only) £5 £5

Sale restrictions are in place for this fixture and tickets are only available to supporters who have been registered on the SWFC database prior to 1 August 2017.

All supporters who attend this game and purchase their tickets in advance under their own ID number will receive ten Ticket Priority Points.

Bleeding hell that's steep they say the prem the greed league, but, it's been about 3 years since matchday prices have been that high and that was away at Stamford Bridge :sad:

2 minutes ago, Baggiehy said:

Bleeding hell that's steep they say the prem the greed league, but, it's been about 3 years since matchday prices have been that high and that was away at Stamford Bridge :sad:

L****s used to get pelters on here about matchday prices ,now we are charging stupid prices it's ok lol

1 hour ago, Waddlesdiamondlights said:

We expect the chairman to spend millions of pounds and then when he asks us to commit to help the cause people kick off.Before he spen t owt on the team he bought the club a scoreboard a pitch heat lamps to make the pitch grow then had to upgrade the electrics to power the lamps then upgrade the training facilities.All this has to be paid for.Remember he is a part owner of his company and our football club is a luxury like a holiday home and he could easily get bored maintaining this luxury if he feels other people aren't prepared to commit what he has.We all have the choice to pay the money to watch the game or stay away and watch it on sky just dont be upset when DC decides he'd rather not pay and watch the game on sky from thailand

Agreed.

Perhaps he should make it £20 entry and we could sell Barry Bannan instead.

1 hour ago, BDM4nil said:

It's just far too much really, but i would also say not at all unexpected.

The perspective I would use here though, is that my adult son has a Man City fan friend, who got him a ticket for a Man City v Juventus champions league match, not that long ago. The match ticket and his Sheffield to Manchester return train ticket in combination, was cheaper than the adult kop none member price for the piglet game.

Yeah i hear what you say, but as Mike Ashley said in the Sky interview, Man City are financed not by an individual but by a country so maybe are in a better position than us to subsidise gate prices.

I did say though in an earlier post that individual clubs have differing strategies within the framework they are working with at any given point.

Someone mentioned Birmingham and their ticket prices but their structure and available funding may be totally different to ours, so sometimes you cannot compare like with like.

Also who's to say that it might trip them up at some stage with regard to FFP and / or financial stability, especially with Harry splashing the cash.

Guest Copthorneowl
9 hours ago, Andoverowl said:

I'm a now and againer who's been priced out, I'm sorry for not being a true fan anymore.

And that's a very valid point and all those of us in a more comfortable bracket should respect this 100% - at the end of the day seeing the ground bursting at the seams is what we want but however that won't happen even if we charge a tenner due to SAG.

This is an argument/discussion where both sides have a fair point of view and as someone posted earlier given the numbers of season tickets and members the pricing stings only a small proportion of POTD supporters. 

If sky were told by every champ club that they could not show any games unless they upped the anti and we got rid of parachute payments I'm convinced they'd have to rob Peter to pay Paul ....that's Prem  teams getting less when they get too much anyway and more for the rest.  Not sure how much they give but given they change the date to lunchtime, Friday night, Sunday any bloody inconvenient time what would we miss, and yes I watch games on sky as well.

Edited by Copthorneowl

Ticket prices below for Birmingham villa. You could argue that having bought in 11+ players this window their owner could have done a 'chansiri' with ticket prices. On the flip side however It's the biggest game Wednesday can play at hillsborough this season (barring an unlikely majestic fa cup run!) against our biggest rivals who we haven't played for a while. Can easily argue for going or not going, and as long as you're happy with whatever you choose, I'll be happy with what I choose. The issue is those who can't accept people taking the other option to them.

IMG_1352.PNG