Ticket Details For The Sheffield Derby

4 hours ago, BDM4nil said:

It's just far too much really, but i would also say not at all unexpected.

The perspective I would use here though, is that my adult son has a Man City fan friend, who got him a ticket for a Man City v Juventus champions league match, not that long ago. The match ticket and his Sheffield to Manchester return train ticket in combination, was cheaper than the adult kop none member price for the piglet game.

What you trying to say...The Blades are bigger than Juve  :tango:

16 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Firstly, the fact that it's on Sky is completely irrelevant.

The pricing is a commercial decision and the fact that it will be a sellout (whatever that means nowadays) makes the fact that it's on TV, as i said, completely irrelevant.

If however, it was a lesser game and on TV and that was likely to affect the crowd numbers, then i would assume they would do a reduced price offer.

I would say the laws of supply & demand have been in force since the middle ages and i can't see things changing suddenly because the resident Moanstalkers say "it isn't fair".

As for £37.

Is that so extortionate in this day and age for someone who doesn't or can't commit to either membership or a season ticket? 

I assume there are concessions for families and OAPs.

I aint well off by any stretch but i would have thought £37 was about par for the course to be honest. How much do people actually see as being 'fair' 20 quid??? 10 quid???? Maybe DC should pay them for turning up. (They'd still moan it was the wrong day, wrong time or they're boycotting it till CC is sacked).

Also this discussion has done the rounds for 3 seasons now and it was absolutely crystal clear at the outset the strategy that DC was adopting (he made no secret of it), that he wanted people to commit up front and they would be rewarded for doing so in respect of the price they would pay.

If people cannot or will not make this commitment then they cannot expect the same rewards as those that do. 

I flew with Ryan Air in July and i had booked the flight 6 months earlier, the flight cost £119.00 and 5 months later was double that. It's how it works. 

Also, how many people is this affecting? In an average crowd of 26000, 21000 have season tickets, i would assume a couple of thousand have membership and then the away fans, which leaves a relatively smallish number who 'pay on the day' (or equivalent).

Considering the numbers it affects as a percentage of the total, i can't help feeling it's either an extension of the 'social justice' argument, or just another blatant excuse to have a pop at the club.

You really do come across as a bit of a tw@t mate.

I'm guessing that you can easily afford a season ticket or match day ticket so perhaps it's much harder to be empathetic to those that can't?

Your airline ticket argument isn't relevant, I don't know anyone that is a supporter of Ryan air, they aren't part of our community and nobody feels any emotional attachment to them. 

11 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

What you trying to say...The Blades are bigger than Juve  :tango:

Joking aside Lodgemoor he's right 

It's actually cheaper to get a flight to Dortmund and stop overnight come back next day and do that with a season ticket for Borussia. (You can get dirt cheap flights and they aren't Ryan air!)

And all that is cheaper than supporting a top six premier team over a season

And you can stand if you want have a pint on the terrace and a cig..

(Actually saw fans doing that on tv other day) 

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

9 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Joking aside Lodgemoor he's right 

It's actually cheaper to get a flight to Dortmund and stop overnight come back next day and do that with a season ticket for Borussia. (You can get dirt cheap flights and they aren't Ryan air!)

And all that is cheaper than supporting a top six premier team over a season

And you can stand if you want have a pint on the terrace and a cig..

(Actually saw fans doing that on tv other day) 

I resect the right of people to choose. I choose to have a sky feed (quite expensive ) because I love football, I do however recognise that my choice to do so is helping send the game crazy. When the bubble bursts, as it surely will one day, all that potential investment will have been spirited away to (God knows where) and large parts of the game will be on its knees.

4 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I resect the right of people to choose. I choose to have a sky feed (quite expensive ) because I love football, I do however recognise that my choice to do so is helping send the game crazy. When the bubble bursts, as it surely will one day, all that potential investment will have been spirited away to (God knows where) and large parts of the game will be on its knees.

Sending shivers down my spine there ..

After treating my dad to all of  93 cup Wembley games .

He said that's it son I'm done with this game too many foreigners too much about feeding the monster. It's going to crash and clubs are going to dissappear 

He was in his late 50's then as I am now 

I couldn't understand what he was getting at then ..

But I can now 

My dad was honest hard working and most of what he told me has come true

Dad's are always right ....

• Like 2

We have a long history of not selling out for the pig match .. in a previous era you had to commit to 2 matches to secure a ticket. 

I understand those commenting who say they can't afford this one.. that's fine.

However the reality is out of the next set of matches before the international break there are 4 home games, 3 of those are on Sky and at a weekend, the other is a Tuesday night. 

So it's an easy decision to pitch up on that Tuesday against Brentford and watch the other 3 live on sky if choosing between budget and watching Wednesday. That same rationale however as probably been calculated to eek as much revenue out of the pig game as possible for those who can afford it.

1 hour ago, owls101 said:

You really do come across as a bit of a tw@t mate.

I'm guessing that you can easily afford a season ticket or match day ticket so perhaps it's much harder to be empathetic to those that can't?

Your airline ticket argument isn't relevant, I don't know anyone that is a supporter of Ryan air, they aren't part of our community and nobody feels any emotional attachment to them. 

You come across as someone who seems to be singularly unable (whether you agree with it or not) to grasp the point i was making.

The main crux of my argument was exactly aimed at the typical emotional knee jerk reaction regarding football clubs being run as businesses and not some sort community drop in centres.  Also the clubs that are the leaders in Community activity (like Man City and Arsenal for instance are the ones where the finances have already been addressed and are therefore able to do it)

I'm sure it would have been a huge consolation to the people (including me) who "feel an emotional attachment to them", if we had gone into admin or out of business altogether because we weren't viable in that current form.

Your response in calling me a "tw@t".  Ps i love the "tw@t" bit coupled with "mate", is purely an emotional response and has no relevance in this particular argument.

Instead of diving in, playing the 'class war' angle when i had already stated "I aint well off by any stretch", just address the points i made.

Does it affect the majority of fans?  No it doesn't.

Is £37.00 extortionate in this day and age for a category A for 'pay on the day'?  Some will say yes others will maybe say no.

Is it right that people who commit upfront get a better deal than those that don't. I would say yes, others might disagree.

Is it slightly disingenuous to say £37 is the cheapest price, when kids (who make up quite a chunk i would think of 'pay on the day') are from memory without trawling back, £11.00. 

i asked the question what WOULD people see as a fair price and what would people see as the consequences of that price. We have moaned for years about having no ambition and not signing top players. Do you think this comes at a price or do you think other people should pay for it, or maybe you think the "people who can easily afford a season ticket" should subsidise the ones who can't or won't, because the last time i looked this was called taxation.

One last thing, in response to your jibe about not knowing what it's like to be skint and therefore not "empathising" with people who can't afford a season ticket. I've been there 'Mate' got the tee shirt and not only could i not afford a season ticket, i couldn't afford to 'pay on the day'.  Once things turned round a little, i sacrificed certain things and made watching Wednesday again my priority. 

My argument isn't about the 'unfairness of life' & 'social justice', it's about the harsh reality of modern businesses including football clubs. 

2 minutes ago, dowls said:

We have a long history of not selling out for the pig match .. in a previous era you had to commit to 2 matches to secure a ticket. 

I understand those commenting who say they can't afford this one.. that's fine.

However the reality is out of the next set of matches before the international break there are 4 home games, 3 of those are on Sky and at a weekend, the other is a Tuesday night. 

So it's an easy decision to pitch up on that Tuesday against Brentford and watch the other 3 live on sky if choosing between budget and watching Wednesday. That same rationale however as probably been calculated to eek as much revenue out of the pig game as possible for those who can afford it.

It's all about choice.  I can't afford £40odd a month for Sky Sports to be able to watch live football on TV because I chose to buy a Season Ticket at Hillsborough.  That doesn't make me more of a fan than someone who chooses Sky over Hillsborough, or someone who can't justify either and watches Wednesday in the pub when we're on Sky.  That's probably what I would be doing rather than fork out for the exorbitant POTD ticket prices.

3 minutes ago, wisewoodowl said:

It's all about choice.  I can't afford £40odd a month for Sky Sports to be able to watch live football on TV because I chose to buy a Season Ticket at Hillsborough.  That doesn't make me more of a fan than someone who chooses Sky over Hillsborough, or someone who can't justify either and watches Wednesday in the pub when we're on Sky.  That's probably what I would be doing rather than fork out for the exorbitant POTD ticket prices.

Your're talking yourself down mate.

I think it does.

Life's all about prioritising.

You made your choice and you chose Wednesday over Sky.

Well I have an ST. Will continue to.  I like  my seat.  My view and probably most importantly my neighbours. 

I can afford it.

But let's us be honest. 

Our club is like everything else.......The poorest suffer most. 

Yes there is a choice to be made in some cases. 

But if we think some people haven't been almost completely priced out then we have delusion. 

The people who can't afford to pay their car insurance for the year in one lump and have to pay in quarters pay more overall.  You can't afford a season  ticket in one go but still want to get to ad many games as you can...you pay more.  

The less you have... the more you pay.... for less

19 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Firstly, the fact that it's on Sky is completely irrelevant.

The pricing is a commercial decision and the fact that it will be a sellout (whatever that means nowadays) makes the fact that it's on TV, as i said, completely irrelevant.

If however, it was a lesser game and on TV and that was likely to affect the crowd numbers, then i would assume they would do a reduced price offer.

I would say the laws of supply & demand have been in force since the middle ages and i can't see things changing suddenly because the resident Moanstalkers say "it isn't fair".

As for £37.

Is that so extortionate in this day and age for someone who doesn't or can't commit to either membership or a season ticket? 

I assume there are concessions for families and OAPs.

I aint well off by any stretch but i would have thought £37 was about par for the course to be honest. How much do people actually see as being 'fair' 20 quid??? 10 quid???? Maybe DC should pay them for turning up. (They'd still moan it was the wrong day, wrong time or they're boycotting it till CC is sacked).

Also this discussion has done the rounds for 3 seasons now and it was absolutely crystal clear at the outset the strategy that DC was adopting (he made no secret of it), that he wanted people to commit up front and they would be rewarded for doing so in respect of the price they would pay.

If people cannot or will not make this commitment then they cannot expect the same rewards as those that do. 

I flew with Ryan Air in July and i had booked the flight 6 months earlier, the flight cost £119.00 and 5 months later was double that. It's how it works. 

Also, how many people is this affecting? In an average crowd of 26000, 21000 have season tickets, i would assume a couple of thousand have membership and then the away fans, which leaves a relatively smallish number who 'pay on the day' (or equivalent).

Considering the numbers it affects as a percentage of the total, i can't help feeling it's either an extension of the 'social justice' argument, or just another blatant excuse to have a pop at the club.

It's £42 

WTF:

Think Chansiri and the club see ticket prices purely as as a business decision and getting as much income as they can from its customers. Which in any business is fair enough.

But do find it annoying on one hand the club treats fans as nothing more then something to extract money from and on the other bands about 'The Sheffield Wednesday Family' and we are all in this together as much as it can.

8 minutes ago, belfastowl said:

I was just looking at the ticket stubs from the past in October 2007 I bought 2 adult and 2 kids tickets to watch us play Leicester city it cost £98 in the South stand. Today it will be £20 more for a cat a game.

How much were the individual tickets ?