Ticket Details For The Sheffield Derby

16 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Maybe we're not alienating people and stopping them going but as our esteemed and asteened friend says - charge top dollar you expect top quality. Tesco can't say they'll hike prices and turn into Harrods and then not expect grumbling if many of its services turn out to be more like Kwiksave. 

A lot of the people unhappy about things on here do attend, they are feet on the ground season ticket holders and have been loyal fans over many years. Treat us like customers and, given we can't take our custom elsewhere, drop a ball or two and there will be rumblings. Especially if what you do re prices and kits, for example, makes us the worst example of something we've complained about other clubs doing and goes against what many regard as well established club traditions. And people then come on here and slag United off for having more reasonably priced tickets than ours as though that's a bad thing. 

I've had misgivings about the Chansiri project from Day One - just as I had about Richards embroiling us with Charterhouse etc, that was the future once.

I don't buy the Wednesday is in his blood stuff, I don't see why years after he took over the commercial side of the club appears to be a shambles, the shop is a shambles, we're into September and there's no first team kit on sale never mind the special anniversary third kit. Richards was a hero once and in terms of silverware, league position and player acquisitions achieved a lot more than DC and we know how that finished up. And it pains me to see us hiking prices like we have when supporters' groups are saying twenty' plenty. 

I'm patient re on pitch stuff. Last season the football was boring but it's tough to criticise finishing fourth.  Buying your way to promotion is impossible to guarantee and all we can do is make best use of the resources we have. I'm not convinced we've done that and last season to me was a golden opportunity wasted given the play off opposition but it's always a bit of a lottery.

That's why the off-field stuff, which with a coherent sensible strategy is much easier to get right is so baffling.  He's a businessman not a football man but the business side has got to the stage where he's hoping 20k Sheffielders will loan him up to two grand a piece.

He's in this for himself not us. Our interests coincide in that his return on his investment depends on achieving our dream of getting promoted to the top division.  But he isn't a "football" man - if he was he wouldn't talk about deterring away fans and changing kits because of a personal whim.

All my own opinion and I understand why people do back him in everything he does. But there's enough other things going on to make doubting how this will end up a perfectly reasonable viewpoint too. DC owns Wednesday but he isn't Wednesday. 

Soz that was a bit boring if any of you actually toughed it out to the end. It was a bit like a never ending Lees to Loovens to Hutch to Lees to Loovens loop. 

Sorry I did nod  off negativity does that to me

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Maybe we're not alienating people and stopping them going but as our esteemed and asteened friend says - charge top dollar you expect top quality. Tesco can't say they'll hike prices and turn into Harrods and then not expect grumbling if many of its services turn out to be more like Kwiksave. 

A lot of the people unhappy about things on here do attend, they are feet on the ground season ticket holders and have been loyal fans over many years. Treat us like customers and, given we can't take our custom elsewhere, drop a ball or two and there will be rumblings. Especially if what you do re prices and kits, for example, makes us the worst example of something we've complained about other clubs doing and goes against what many regard as well established club traditions. And people then come on here and slag United off for having more reasonably priced tickets than ours as though that's a bad thing. 

I've had misgivings about the Chansiri project from Day One - just as I had about Richards embroiling us with Charterhouse etc, that was the future once.

I don't buy the Wednesday is in his blood stuff, I don't see why years after he took over the commercial side of the club appears to be a shambles, the shop is a shambles, we're into September and there's no first team kit on sale never mind the special anniversary third kit. Richards was a hero once and in terms of silverware, league position and player acquisitions achieved a lot more than DC and we know how that finished up. And it pains me to see us hiking prices like we have when supporters' groups are saying twenty' plenty. 

I'm patient re on pitch stuff. Last season the football was boring but it's tough to criticise finishing fourth.  Buying your way to promotion is impossible to guarantee and all we can do is make best use of the resources we have. I'm not convinced we've done that and last season to me was a golden opportunity wasted given the play off opposition but it's always a bit of a lottery.

That's why the off-field stuff, which with a coherent sensible strategy is much easier to get right is so baffling.  He's a businessman not a football man but the business side has got to the stage where he's hoping 20k Sheffielders will loan him up to two grand a piece.

He's in this for himself not us. Our interests coincide in that his return on his investment depends on achieving our dream of getting promoted to the top division.  But he isn't a "football" man - if he was he wouldn't talk about deterring away fans and changing kits because of a personal whim.

All my own opinion and I understand why people do back him in everything he does. But there's enough other things going on to make doubting how this will end up a perfectly reasonable viewpoint too. DC owns Wednesday but he isn't Wednesday. 

Soz that was a bit boring if any of you actually toughed it out to the end. It was a bit like a never ending Lees to Loovens to Hutch to Lees to Loovens loop. 

Not boring at all.

A very thoughtful, interesting perspective.

I'm sure DC has his faults and possibly found the football world a much bigger prospect than he ever envisaged, but it is still relatively early days and i would say the positives massively outweigh the negatives.

I think it goes without saying that modern day club owners are in it for themselves, i reckon the old days of the Butchers, Bakers & Candlestick makers who were supporters themselves and almost enthusiastic amateurs are a thing of the past.

I can never understand however why they mess with things like shirts that are seemingly done on a whim and p**s the fans off for no apparent financial return.

We will always disagree with the pricing structure but i will give him the benefit of the doubt on that one that it is a commercial decision.

The other commercial side of things although shambolic maybe was like trying to turn a tanker around bearing in mind where we have come from, but maybe i'm being generous?

The only thing i would say is that there are plenty of bad ones and i strongly believe we could have done a lot worse than DC.

1 hour ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Says the masked negger!  The phantom negger of old London Town!   Only negatives on heeeere, positives will be positively piffled! 

No secret - insult concerned fans and spout what I consider to be nonsense then you'll get a neg. No big deal. 

Think when Wednesday are charging high ticket prices, changing the traditional colours, half heartedly celebrating 150th anniversary, making a pigs ear of club shop and executive boxes all will be forgiven by the majority of fans if things on the pitch are going well.

Could go either way this season but feel we really need promotion or a very near miss and more exciting football to dampen down a growing mood of disgruntlement from supporters.

6 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I don't know if anyone is able to this in order to add a little perspective to the escalating price issue but,

Would anyone care to contrast 1971 prices with todays on three aspects...Housing Prices; IOW pop festival v Glastonbury and SWFC pricing ? May as well throw in Average wage too.     

At Glastonbury IOW festival etc,,,Owls fans aren't charged more than other clubs fans to watch f.ookin' Iggy pop though are they Nev?

If an Owls fan and a Blades fan go to buy the same semi detached in Mosborough...It costs the same for each doesn't it?

27 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

At Glastonbury IOW festival etc,,,Owls fans aren't charged more than other clubs fans to watch f.ookin' Iggy pop though are they Nev?

If an Owls fan and a Blades fan go to buy the same semi detached in Mosborough...It costs the same for each doesn't it?

I accept that along with no point singling out a single match for scrutiny of a 'fan' who is neither ST holder or member.

I think our prices reflect the competitive market we operate in and also represent the vast majority of attending fans in terms of the aspirational image of the club.

36 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Not defending our prices but everybody if they want to just come to Hillsborough once a blue moon is charged the same price.

Loyalty is then rewarded with membership discounts and season ticket prices.

Your analogy means all 3 bed semis in Mosbrough should be same price and all festivals should be same price also.

22 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Not defending our prices but everybody if they want to just come to Hillsborough once a blue moon is charged the same price.

Loyalty is then rewarded with membership discounts and season ticket prices.

Your analogy means all 3 bed semis in Mosbrough should be same price and all festivals should be same price also.

I said "The same semi "

The next door semi has a conservatory 

1 hour ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I accept that along with no point singling out a single match for scrutiny of a 'fan' who is neither ST holder or member.

I think our prices reflect the competitive market we operate in and also represent the vast majority of attending fans in terms of the aspirational image of the club.

Yeah let's compete for the title as most expensive club to watch in the Football League with great vigour - and if we win the award again let's wear it as a badge of honour. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sam779 said:

Ticket office are extremely busy on the phone and in the shop today so I'm guessing people aren't put off by the prices.

Looks as though this could sell out pretty quickly.

I've no doubt this will sell out, or pretty much close to it.

Capacity likely to be around 32/33k especially with reduced away allocation.

2 minutes ago, jamese said:

I've no doubt this will sell out, or pretty much close to it.

Capacity likely to be around 32/33k especially with reduced away allocation.

I would be amazed if this is not a sell out even when over priced like this.

Apart from Play off games this is probably biggest game Sheffield Wednesday have played for a few years due to fact of who we are playing. In someway look forward to it but in other ways don't.

21 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Doubt this will make general sale at the rate they're shifting this morning

No chance having just looked at online sales, shame Brentford tickets aren't shifting as fast.

We should have linked 2 games, buy a ticket for blunts game and you can have a Brentford ticket for £20. 

• Like 1