TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY NEWS THREAD

Carlos has opted to back FF over Winnall.Let's hope it works out.

Not sure why anyone is surprised we didn't get a pacey winger in considering how long it's taken to get CB sorted.

Only other possibility is that DC didn't want to give Carlos huge funds in the event that he goes and a new manager needs January funds.

I remember the absolute pelters Barry Bannan got on here when we signed him, and the other-worldly praise Almen Abdi received.  I'll take the harsh words Butterfield is getting very lightly for the time being.

A centre midfielder was clearly needed - aside from Bannan, Abdi looks cooked, Lee has injury issues, Hutchinson likewise, Jones seemingly steady at best.  Of course we needed to add to this.  And we've got a centre midfielder in, who has played a lot of Championship football, for the price of our 4th/5th choice striker.  Pretty good deal that is really.

But due to our 'indifferent' start to the season I fully expect people to continue to find the biggest potential negative possible and beat the Club with it, and Winnall will continue his transformation into Pele.  He did well for us, but he was by no means a must-keep.

1 minute ago, Triple O said:

Transfermarkt values 

Winnall £875K

Butterfield £4.05M

I know it's not guaranteed accurate but you could say we had best deal?

Not according to Derby fans, they think Butters is absolutely W**k