POLL : Carlos Carvalhal - Back Him or Sack Him?

Carlos Carvalhal - Sack Him or Back Him?  

690 members have voted

1. 1. Carlos Carvalhal - Sack Him or Back Him?

• SACK HIM
    • BACK HIM
  2. 2. Has the start to the season been good enough?

• YES
    • NO
  3. 3. Are you happy with the entertainment factor at Hillsborough?

• YES
    • NO

Still backing him. However our transfer policy from the start of last season is a massive cause for concern.

We need a fire sale in the next few days ideally, get rid of the ageing and overpaid along with those that don't  I want to be here.

Go get me up and coming and more importantly hungry players. Wrong time to be doing it but we need to do some emergency work.

7 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Really ? You'll find the same people baying for Gray's head are the one's doing the same now...coincidence...methinks not

I wanted an upgrade on Stuart Gray, but I'd swap CC for him in a heartbeat at this moment in time

Lets not forget that Gray had a front line that consisted of Stevie May, Caolan Lavery, Chris Maguire and Adthe Nuhiu, with the loans of Will Keane and GTF and still managed to make us fairly competitive in this division. He also had to play on a beach every week

Carlos has the tools to do the job but can't do it

33 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Carlos getting the blame when Chansiri has messed up on FFP is utterly ridiculous. 

We've got an aging squad of top half players. 

We needed to evolve with 4/5 top players this summer - we've signed 0 because we've reached our FFP limit. 

Carlos aint to blame for that

I see the current squad and compare it to the rest in this division and I don't think we are really not a top two side based on the personnel at our disposal.

In my humble opinion, it's how we use those personnel that is becoming the problem.    Barring one striking omission at the back, we have easily the players to do this, this season.

Easily,

Edited by HubristicClapper

I voted he has to go but I said that after he bottled the Huddersfield games.

I knew if he didn't have a good start to the season the pressure would be on him straight away. Pity the chairman didn't see that but may was taken in by the blame being put on the medical team.

Anyway lets see where we are and what we have left when the transfer window closes. May be then we can settle a bit.:sad:

The second poll question is a good one. Its not that I would be particularly disappointed  as it is early in yhe season, but there is really nothing to buy into, I cannot see where we are going.

I could understand inconsistency if we are trying to implement a new system to compliment our squad, bringing some younger players through, or attempting to be more expansive.

We are horrible to watch. No entertainment and so sad to watch us go through the motions. We show in flashes how good we can be and what our expensively assembled squad can do, which makes it more frustrating.

Carlos was a breath of fresh air, but like Megson and Jones before him, he has served his purpose and time for us to evolve.

Just now, Toronto_Owl said:

So if Carlos delivered us ten losses on the trot do we stick with him because there isn't a replacement on the entire footballing continent?

What I am saying is that if you ask anyone who wants Carlos sacked who would replace him they can't

Owlstalk Shop

I know the guy who initiated the 'Back Him Or Sack Him' fiasco that saw the demise of Trevor Francis, he also thought that Nigel Pearson was a very poor captain, and later extended his player hatred to Chris Brunt and Glen Whelan, who he classed as a couple of clowns, I can't yet notice his posting style, but have started to wonder.

The Carlos we are being managed by now. I'd get rid before we fall too far behind. The Carlos from season 1 blend with season 2.id back him. 

Simple one from me, good managers mix things up a bit out on the pitch not necessarily tinkering with formation, but style. I'm waiting for the "penny to drop" so to speak. Mixing both styles from the last 2 seasons together should be the way forward, high tempo and attacking against teams on paper we should be beating especially at home, the dull defensive stuff away at the good teams like we did vs Fulham good managers find a blend and until Carlos realises this were going to struggle. 

"After a tough week, the supporter wants to be excited. It's my belief that he gets most excited when the ball is in the opposition box. The net is in the box. So we get it in there , with numbers, as quickly and as accurately as possible. Now that might not be pure enough for you sat in your studios. But we've scored 80 odd goals this season, and that's good enough for our fans"

Graham Taylor

This isn't a debate about his style of play. But the general point is a good one. Tempo,  urgency,  and desire to attack. 

38 minutes ago, BeverleyOwl74 said:

Thing is, if we keep him and we carry on being crap then we'll moan, if we sack him and the new guy does no better than it was down to the players, the FFP thing is dumb, its been mismanaged completely and now we're in a financial straightjacket until someone comes up with an idea.

FFP should have nothing to do with it. We have a squad of players it's the managers job to train, motivate, and pick them.

the fact we have a squad busting with attacking players and yet our mentality is more defensive and possession play at the wrong end of the pitch starving these players from service and not playing to

their strengths is not effected by FFP. If we was getting our squad pick pocketed like Barnsley last season in January I could slightly buy into it. 

Using FFP  as an excuse is like having a Man City or Chelsea attitude. If it doesn't work chuck more money at it.

Our coach as a massive squad with quality at his disposal and we are failing and failing with unconvincing performances.

going into the international break with one league win and out of the cup is not good enough. Then consider our performances over this season and last.

and it's hard to see when our love for Carlos is killing our now. I would love for him to go back to that first season but sadley that looks like a memory we should just be proud and thankful on and now move on.

( sorry rant was aimed at you beverlyowl )