POLL : Carlos Carvalhal - Back Him or Sack Him?

Carlos Carvalhal - Sack Him or Back Him?  

690 members have voted

1. 1. Carlos Carvalhal - Sack Him or Back Him?

• SACK HIM
    • BACK HIM
  2. 2. Has the start to the season been good enough?

• YES
    • NO
  3. 3. Are you happy with the entertainment factor at Hillsborough?

• YES
    • NO

Incidentally, to prove that the people who want him to stay are fed up of constantly having to vote on here against the ones who want him out and also to prove that the ones who want him out are far more annoyingly more persistent:-

• We had the same poll after losing the play offs and after the last match of last season, which was just 5 league matches ago.
  • An extra 258 Owlstalk members voted in that one and 557 of them voted to keep Carlos. 269 more than those that voted for him to be sacked.
  • This time around, just 5 league games on, only 587 people could be bothered to vote again.

Can we leave this one alone now please? 

DC has a plan Carlos has a dream and we can either support them both with their quest, or show some dignity and humility for being in the wrong and in the minority, because Carlos is here until DC gives him the chop and it aint going to happen after just 5 games!

Image result for Dejphon chansiriImage result for carlos carvalhal

Edited by Ante's Bubbly

We have been so so close to promotion these last two seasons.

a narrow play off final defeat

losing the semis on pens.

such fine margins.

Our defence and goalie are really strong. Once the midfield and forwards find some form we will be unstoppable. 

Stick with it. 

• Like 1

On 26/08/2017 at 17:22, @owlstalk said:

3424122800000578-0-image-a-76_1463191817185.jpg

Carlos Carvalhal 
Manager of Sheffield Wednesday 

Should we back him or sack him?

Sorry to ask this Neil, old bean, but if only 600 votes are shown in each category why does the voted total show 634?

Did 34 voters vote for a third option, spoil their voting slips, or what? I am intrigued and but would be most unhappy if we keep having these votes after every five games. 

Can we leave the next vote until after 23 games? 

3 minutes ago, Toronto_Owl said:

Wheres yours? You need one to recognise the club is suffering.

1 win in 5

1 goal per game.

issues with player confidence.

ugly football.

no defenders and a left back forced to be a cb.

is this what you expect is it?

Never mind all that pish,i'm not the one sh-tting himself over playing that lot...............................where's ya backbone ?

Edited by BARMYARMY2010

2 hours ago, Toronto_Owl said:

How is it silly? It supports the facts.

one of the lowest teams in the league for shots on target, averaging one miserable goal per game, and you think it's going to turn around? Because Carlos needs extra players? Players he completley failed to sign in close season?

I'm so shocked at the apologising, the man is slowly killing us, the aim was promtion in two seasons, he's failed. One win in five is not acceptable for this team. Why are you accepting such abysmal standards? The message is clear when the pigs are supporting Carlos.

Do you not realise how childish you sound?

I do not give a damn what anybody other club's fans say about our manager, but that is because I am a grown up and understand when the kids are teasing.

These are the facts chum, I am not sure what you are on, but all the sensible fans that know anything about our club, how it is run, or the football we have played over the last 40 years will tell you that this manager is one of the best and most sensible unitedites I know said they wanted us to get rid of Carlos last summer because they thought he would take us up this season.

I have written in bold where you seem to be having the biggest problems understanding, but generally I am getting the impression that, like most of the Carlos out bunch, you are not too big on facts and have just decided that you fancy a change. 

• If we don't defend we lose. This is one of the first rules of football and why we dont just field 11 strikers.
  • A football season in the EFL Championship lasts for 46 games (we have played just 5 and are already better off than at this point last season)
  • We should attack more and I am happy to bet that we will do, especially when we have two centre halves playing together in the middle of our defence (these are the mainstay of the defence mentioned above).
  • CARLOS DOES NOT SIGN PLAYERS HE REQUESTS THEM AND THE CHAIRMAN/BUYING COMMITTEE SIGN THEM - CARLOS REQUESTED THEM A LONG TIME AGO & THEY HAVE FAILED TO DELIVER IN AT LEAST THREE TRANSFER WINDOWS UP TO NOW
  • Carlos is not killing the club, we are actually getting better and closer to achieving our target each season Carlos has been here.

If you don't like the bloke, or his recent style of football is not your cup of tea, welcome to the club, but I don't expect Dejphon Chansiri to get rid of him unless a nailed on replacement is somewhere out there, because with another two position jump up the table this season Carlos could get us into the top 2 and Carlos has already got us very close and will this season be given the chance to get us even closer. He will not be sacked after 5 games.

On 8/26/2017 at 17:39, KivoOwl said:

Carlos getting the blame when Chansiri has messed up on FFP is utterly ridiculous. 

We've got an aging squad of top half players. 

We needed to evolve with 4/5 top players this summer - we've signed 0 because we've reached our FFP limit. 

Carlos aint to blame for that

It is if CC recommended them in the first place. But we will never know.