POLL : Carlos Carvalhal - Back Him or Sack Him?

Carlos Carvalhal - Sack Him or Back Him?  

690 members have voted

1. 1. Carlos Carvalhal - Sack Him or Back Him?

• SACK HIM
    • BACK HIM
  2. 2. Has the start to the season been good enough?

• YES
    • NO
  3. 3. Are you happy with the entertainment factor at Hillsborough?

• YES
    • NO

1 hour ago, full fathom five said:

I expect us to have signed two more players on season long loans and i feel 10 games is the appropriate time to access how our sesson is going not 5 games. CC has earnt the right to those 10 games in my opinion and im pretty sure DC will feel the same as continuity would from his point of view be the preferred way to go (cheapest). IF however CC shows no signs of getting it right then im sure he will be gone and a new man brought in .

By that time we could be a long way behind the top six, 

49 minutes ago, WadsleyOwl said:

It would be harsh to sack a manager that has a 45% win rate with us but my patience is wearing very thin and I think his time is up. 

When you look at it like that, it does look harsh but it doesn't tell the whole story. Failed recruitment, over £30million spunked plus god knows in wages playing a dull, negative brand of football and in my opinion our first team is worse than at the end of the 15/16 season.  There is a huge expectation and we are not living up to it.

We need fresh ideas! I am bored with laboured first half displays and dull away performances going for a 1-0 win.

Guest BULGARIA
3 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

I'm suggesting he should get his fair share of the stick seeing as there's been a mess up with the finances - and he's the one in charge of finances. 

IMO, sacking Carlos solves nothing in the long term - the next manager will have the same squad of players with no money to bring in his own players

but kivo, thats the point.... the new manager will have the same squad but me and my blind 3 legged dog would be getting more from this squad than carlos is.

Anyone who cant see that we are treading water is fooling themselves. We are so so average. We should be doing better with the squad we have.

1 minute ago, BULGARIA said:

but kivo, thats the point.... the new manager will have the same squad but me and my blind 3 legged dog would be getting more from this squad than carlos is.

Anyone who cant see that we are treading water is fooling themselves. We are so so average. We should be doing better with the squad we have.

Always,always puts a smile on my face when average joe reckons he could do better

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder if the current 28 people who have said the entertainment level is ok are now sat at home watching paint dry on a Saturday night

Guest BULGARIA
2 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

What nonsense we beat Newcastle twice last season by not conceding and by being tight...are you saying we would have taken them to the cleaners by going all out attack...you've either been watching too much of that poo ice hockey or a pig on the wind up cos' you know nothing about football.

very harsh.

2 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

The Carlos we are being managed by now. I'd get rid before we fall too far behind. The Carlos from season 1 blend with season 2.id back him. 

Simple one from me, good managers mix things up a bit out on the pitch not necessarily tinkering with formation, but style. I'm waiting for the "penny to drop" so to speak. Mixing both styles from the last 2 seasons together should be the way forward, high tempo and attacking against teams on paper we should be beating especially at home, the dull defensive stuff away at the good teams like we did vs Fulham good managers find a blend and until Carlos realises this were going to struggle. 

Nailed it on the head but I just cannot fathom how we the supporters can see this but a professional manager cannot, therefore he has to go

Carlos had a  dream song should be renamed

Carlos is a dream He ruins a perfectly good team we had no players so we had to get them on loan ..

we built from the back we like to sit back

we are Sheffield Wednesday please give him the sack

De de de de

• Thanks 1

Guest BULGARIA
13 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Always,always puts a smile on my face when average joe reckons he could do better

i am far from average and yes i think i could do better.

3 hours ago, SirSheridan said:

Its not 5 games though is it? There were clear issues that needed addressing from last season. They haven't been.

Overly defensive football, No plan B, desperate need of defenders...

It's been like this since September last season...it ain't going to change now.

And yet people were adamant he be given a third season - crackers.

As his record suggested, he is a limited manager.. who happened to be in the right place at the right time.  We over performed first season but he doesn't have what it takes to get us up and has us playing a system that may work in Portugal or La Liga but it isn't going to get us into the Prem.

Lovely bloke and all but the longer he stays, the less our chances or promotion become and the more the season gets wasted.

Problem is DC can't, or won't see it.

He has to act if he wants Prem footy,  Not convinced he will though until it's too late.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

2 hours ago, fpowl said:

FFP should have nothing to do with it. We have a squad of players it's the managers job to train, motivate, and pick them.

the fact we have a squad busting with attacking players and yet our mentality is more defensive and possession play at the wrong end of the pitch starving these players from service and not playing to

their strengths is not effected by FFP. If we was getting our squad pick pocketed like Barnsley last season in January I could slightly buy into it. 

Using FFP  as an excuse is like having a Man City or Chelsea attitude. If it doesn't work chuck more money at it.

Our coach as a massive squad with quality at his disposal and we are failing and failing with unconvincing performances.

going into the international break with one league win and out of the cup is not good enough. Then consider our performances over this season and last.

and it's hard to see when our love for Carlos is killing our now. I would love for him to go back to that first season but sadley that looks like a memory we should just be proud and thankful on and now move on.

( sorry rant was aimed at you beverlyowl ) 

Spot on mate

Just now, Toronto_Owl said:

They've finished watching it dry and are now just looking at the wall muttering something incomprehensible about Carlos.

Pity it's gone dark as they could have switched to watching grass grow

Guest BULGARIA
14 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Aye oreyt fella,you keep tellin ya self that,i'll just keep laughin.

I will accept your full apology when you see that i am correct as we finish mid table.

Guest Grez Bez
1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

Absolutely, if DC is over involved with signings etc he needs to quickly learn that the responsibility of signings, team selection etc are the job of the manager/head coach. DC'S role is to provide the funds and back his manager.

That isn't how it works at any professional football club anymore?

1 minute ago, Toronto_Owl said:

Well I heard they've gone for a bubble bath now to watch their nails grow.

Probably fill the bath up really slowly, then when it gets halfway towards the top tut loudly and pull the plug out